Fall of King's Crest Ending, Blue Posts, Weekly Hero Rotation & Sales

Fall of King's Crest Ending
    The current ongoing event, Fall of King's Crest, ends with this week's update going live. This is scheduled to happen tomorrow morning for NA and Wednesday morning for EU. This means all event quests and event & Hallow's End store items will no longer be obtainable. The items are expected to return during next year's Hallow's End event.

If you have not completed your event quests yet, keep in mind there's an additional "hidden" 5th quest after the first four. You can pick one of two rewards from it: A "good" tombstone mount, and an "evil" tombstone mount.

Note for EU players: While EU is set to receive the update on Wednesday morning, the event items usually leave the store by early Tuesday evening. Shop accordingly.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I’m ready for wtf moments when Malganis is going to kill himself with dark conversion because he has to use his last available button on a dying target XD
    This is real, I have done it. People laughed… (BlizzThomas)

Given that flying with his wings is an ability, it’d probably be too visually confusing if he could use them as a regular mount.
    This is exactly right! It’s not an impossible feat, by any means, but there are gameplay-interfering implications to having him fly around all the time. That ability, in particular, is a rather important one to look out for, so it would be terrible to have it confused with something else.

That said, anything is possible in the Nexus! You never know what cool solutions we might come up with for future skins, and we’ll definitely keep this suggestion in mind. (BlizzLana)

What goes into who decides which unique dance and unique taunt everyone gets?
    A lot of it has to do with ‘what feels right’ for the character. What fits their personality, etc, but it’s largely just the whims of the Animator working on that hero, haha. Yrel’s dance, for example, is a combination of a video I found on the interwebs, and my personal go-to move on the dancefloor.

Many heroes will date themselves with their dances or taunts, which I kind of revel in. If there is a pop culture reference that is rather viral at the time, the animator sometimes draws inspiration from that. I animated Junkrat’s dance in the heat of that trend. He wasn’t released until 6 months later, or something - unfortunately outliving the fame of the moves, themselves. ;) (BlizzLana)

Whoever gave Zarya that dab dance is a genius.
    Whyyyy thank you. :sunglasses:
    Also would it ever be possible to add in SFX to the dances if it has a vibe with them?
    If our artist had bandwith at the time, absolutely! i.e. Chromie has sand clones that show up and dance with her. (BlizzLana)

Free Hero Rotation
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 16, 2018
    • Malfurion
    • Valla
    • Gazlowe
    • Johanna
    • Thrall
    • Dehaka
    • Lúcio
    • Falstad
    • Li-Ming
    • Alarak
    • Yrel (Slot unlocked at Player Level 5)
    • Tassadar (Slot unlocked at Player Level 10)
    • Chen (Slot unlocked at Player Level 15)
    • Chromie (Slot unlocked at Player Level 20)

Weekly Heroic Sales
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Heroic Deals: October 16 – October 23, 2018
    Our next set of Heroic Deals will begin on Tuesday, October 2! Check out the list of upcoming featured items and Hero discounts below.

Upcoming Hero Sales
    • Zul’jin— Sale Price: 375 gems
    • Rexxar — Sale Price: 250 Gems

The following skins and mounts will be added to the featured item rotation and will become purchasable with gems until this round of Heroic Deals comes to an end:

Upcoming Featured Skins
    • Emberlord Zul’jin
    • Covert Raider Rexxar
    • Dark Nexus Alarak
    • Toxic Love Doctor Morales
    • Golden Cyberdemon Zarya
    • Violet Roller Derby Nova

Upcoming Featured Mounts
    • Shadowmoon Hellboar
    • Copper Cloud Serpent

Deleted
    I missed out on that because I assumed that the Hallow's End event would run, you know, over Halloween rather than starting a month before it and then finshing two weeks before actual Halloween week.

More fool me for not checkign the quest log but honestly, starting and ending the Haloween even weeks before Halloween is stupid. In WoW it runs over, well...Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    More fool me for not checkign the quest log but honestly, starting and ending the Haloween even weeks before Halloween is stupid. In WoW it runs over, well...Halloween.
    That's why they did it. They wanted to give players of all their games a chance to do their events without competing for time in each one of them. So you can do the HotS event, then when it ends start doing the WoW one.

Also, the HotS event is technically considered their fall event, and specifically, it was "Fall of King's Crest", NOT Hallow's End.