Poll: What kind of server will you play on?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: PvP, PvE & You?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    PVP, cuz the best Thing about vanilla is STVietnam

PvE I do not have nearly the time or patience to play like I used to

Vanilla is PvP only. It's just mandatory for the full experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Healasouhait View Post
    RP-PvP would be ideal.
    Basically this. It's a blend of the two types of communities that will likely outlast all others on Classic.

I’m ok with world pvp, but I’m not ok with 60s camping grey lowbies, which in my experience, has been the mass majority of world pvp, leveling in vanilla is a big enough task on its own, and one that I love doing, but after being camped by 60s on every private server ever made I think I’ll take this opportunity to finally level without worrying about that. Every pve private server died, and that’s because the private server community is so toxic that a lot of the player base aspires to do nothing more than camp lowbies(looking at you nordo from Kronos 2)those people stick to pvp servers, it keeps population low on pve, drawing other, more normal players to the pvp servers as well. This shouldn’t be a problem with official pve servers.

That said, I will be doing a lot of BGs, and at max level I’ll flag myself often and draw people in for wpvp(most can’t resist the red name), but I’m done getting camped by 60s when I’m leveling.

PVP is not really an option if you play alliance.

I'm gonna play PvE. Who in their right mind would want to play on a PvP server wasting their precious time getting corpse camped by groups of other players, if world PvP is not something you're interested in? If I'm lucky I have around 12 hours a week to spend on WoW, not one single second of those 12 hours will be spent doing any kind of activity that is pointless and avoidable. And yes, world PvP, if you don't want it, is pointless. If I want to grind out some ranks, I'll go BGs, just like how I got rank 10 back in the day on a PvE server. So for me, PvE is the only way to go.

If you roll on a PvE server, you are really missing out on a great experience of what made Vanilla so memorable. Guild battles in BRM and on the sands of Silithus. Sure you are gonna get ganked from time to time and someone might camp you, it's just part of it.

Go do your own counter ganking and camping when you are higher level so low guys have to call for reinforcements. Call your own friends and have some fun.

One of the biggest problems with post-Vanilla WPvP, I imagine, has been an ever-increasing chunk of the game world being either not worth it to people or not easily accessible if someone wanted to help. Some random guy causing trouble in Redridge, whether today or even 10 years ago — who's got time? But when there's only one world where every zone is relevant, and many players are out and about . . . that ought to be different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GanonARG View Post
    PVP is not really an option if you play alliance.
    Yeah...because having to face Stoneform, EA and Shadowmeld is not a big deal right? I think people overestimate Horde so much when it comes to PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a cool kid back then, only did PvE to get an unfair advantage in PvP, so PvP once again. If I can be bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

PvP is the way to go for Classic unless you've got a very narrow interest/intent for the game. I can understand if you just want to level in peace and raid log at endgame, but I don't think investing in Classic would be worth it just for that. I want the full experience.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah. To me, Classic is just a museum. A construct of the past that we have already experience most of us, and others go there to gain the experience or at least knowledge that time too.

Oh my! Someone recognised my avatar? Haha. And yeah, now we just have to wait...
    Good idea at looking at it, however i would call it more of a history class with that teacher who was really cool.
    Museums you cant usually touch or interact with the past.

and how could you not recognize the.... Now ded boi
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

PvE.

I can't stand gank ser- I mean "pvp servers". It sucks being on edge all the time, knowing that at any second an enemy player 5+ levels higher than me is going to come by and fuck me up when I'm trying to quest. That's seriously the only difference between "PvE" and "PvP" servers: the ability to pick unfair fights with people who have little/no chance of fighting back. And then you have the shitheads who do nothing but camp lowbie towns all day and night because they suck too much at the game to engage in fair PvP. Or not being able to quest in a certain area because there's too many enemy players around and they all kill you on sight. That's really fun. Or the assholes that camp quest NPCs so you can't turn in your quests, that's so exciting isn't it?

Just...no, fuck that shit. If I wanted to PvP I'd join a battleground. Let me collect my 10 bear asses in peace. Being treated to a 2-5 minute corpse run at random is not fun or interesting or challenging, it's just a fucking annoying frustration.

Like imagine if you were playing a Mario game or something, and, all of a sudden, the game forcefully pauses itself for 5 minutes and there's nothing you can do to stop it or prevent it from happening. That's what playing on a gank server feels like. I'm here to have fun and enjoy myself, not to have some no-life ganker torture me for hours on end.

It sucks because I really like the concept of world PvP, but just...9/10 times it's unfair ganking. I would love world PvP if they restricted it so you can only attack players within 5 levels of you. That would be great. But as it is right now, a vast majority of world PvP is just unfair ganks, whether some shithead attacking you when you're fighting a quest mob, or a group of enemies roaming around killing everyone on sight, or 60s running around ganking lowbies and camping low level towns.

I hate that every single pserver is a gank server. Classic can't come soon enough so I don't have to deal with this shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    All PvE private servers failed horribly, so it's the other way around.
    In retail vanilla, majority of the population was on PvE servers. This trend continued throughout all of retail.

Take off the blinders, ganker.

Quote Originally Posted by motive View Post
    They basically had like 2k players and the population decreased quite dramatically in a rather short about of time, also Thunderball are you the female undead priest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Noone played them.
    The PvE server that rhymes with "arrowspear" had 6k players at launch (server cap) and didn't drop below 2k players until after AQ released, which is pretty natural for private servers since most people don't stay past BWL.

But no, 2k online is "dead", right? Even though it's literally 66% of the retail player cap, nope, "dead server, nobody played them!!", right?

LUL
    soyboys
    yikes
    nice buzzwords, ya learn those from /pol/?
    Last edited by anon5123; 2018-10-26 at 06:35 PM.

Depends on the server. If it becomes a shitfest like the current one I am playing on then I might re-roll PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Miro91 View Post
    Yeah...because having to face Stoneform, EA and Shadowmeld is not a big deal right? I think people overestimate Horde so much when it comes to PvP.
    Stoneform is ok, shadowmeld only saves you from a gank if you are trying to avoid confrontation.
    You OBVIOUSLY can't compare the above with Will of the forsaken, it's plainly retarded. WOTF just breaks pvp, making alliance warlocks unviable, without having any chance against rogues.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    LUL

Not surprised at all that there is an overwhelmingly large amount of people who are gonna go PvE, I knew the members of this forum were soyboys, but not exactly to that extent, yikes. I'm gonna go PvP myself, as I enjoy actually being contested by the opposite faction whilst both leveling and farming and I enjoy world-PvP, which I believe to be a very big part of the whole 'vanilla' experience.
    "Overwhelmingly large amount". Less than half of the people who voted said PvE. Pull the other one, mate.

Deleted
    Pve cos i dont care for the minigame......cof.......pvp

PvP all the way. Not into pvp at all in retail, but i can't wait to do it in classic.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    PvE.

World pvp is absolutely not rewarding after patch 1.6, dishonorable kills.

I remember needing another week for rank 13, cause during a thunderbluff raid (killing faction leader would give the faction a pvp progress bonus overall), we got 1 dishonor kill.

Now, of course that was on a PVE server as well, and City raids are risky regardless, but mindless mass world pvp like Southshore vs Tarren mill or Crossroads would risk way too many DHK's.

Even after 1.12 made it so you could kill people 10 times instead of 4, before they stopped giving honor, 1 DHK is not worth the risk in mass pvp even then so world pvp never really replaced battlegrounds again.

Of course, if you aren't working on pvp ranks, world pvp is fun as a time spender but on the other hand can also be a time waster.

Raid members getting murdered outside the raid portals in Blackrock Mountain is an annoying run back from Thorium point. (even worse when it was Burning Steppes Graveyard)
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-10-27 at 12:05 AM.