Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    We will see... Not every "development" that's Happening in BfA is an indicator that we're gonna get more Allied Races.
    We've had many different races and factions in the past incl. all kinds of elves that are infused with X-power or whatever.

Personally I believe that they'll only add the Zandalari and KT Humans and that's gonna be it for BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Rest in Peace, I guess
    cant die as long as valkyrs exist

welcome your dark ranger overlords
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    To have them specifically? No. To choose them over any non-elf that could provide more flavor to the game? I would say there needs to be a bigger reason, yes.
    I, on the other hand, don't see it as a problem; I too, would like other races in the game as well. I would like some more than others--I would have preferred San-layn over the Nightborne and High Elves over Void Elves, others I am certain feel differently--I don't think they are wrong for preferring something different, what people choose to play is their business and I am glad they are happy; my immersion has not been lessened by either of those two races.

May we get Ogres some day?

Awesome!

Naga?

Awesome!

Mechagnomes?

Awesome!

Even if I might not play either of those 3 races. The Immersion level is consistent with what's in the game currently even when the storyline seems kinda forced. I don't like the Void Elf story, but they at least look pretty cool.

I think the flavor of the game will be better with more choice and customization, even when it doesn't come in the order I would do things.

So, if you are saying you would prefer other races before San-layn, I totally respect that--it's a preference though, not a need. When the thought was first teased with datamining in the wayback I admit to having my fanboi nerdgasm. When it turned out to be a false alarm--I rage quit. OK, I didn't rage quit, was disappointed but still hope it happens. That's my preference.

In either case, Yes San-layn or No San-layn, it's not a cause for hyperbole by either side.

I don't need to convince people why I want tacos; one can be presented with tacos or not, or choose tacos or not. But I don't go to a restaurant that serves tacos and get mad if they added another taco to their menu--even if I don't order it.
    Last edited by PapaV; 2018-10-26 at 11:52 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Just a a question about people being anti elf how dose it really effect you if they add more flavors of elf?
    If you dont like them you dont have to play one and its not like you would really notice them anyway as most people play really zoomed out.
    And most of the time your focused on other things then what people in your party look like.
    Unless your someone who runs around in like first person mode just looking at peoples characters surely one must have something better to do?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaV View Post
    Why do people keep questioning the desire of San'layn with need?
    I don't need a taco--I want a taco.
    lets hope blizzrd don't just start giving players tacos "just because they want", let then sit down and wait for other races to be added instead of another shit elf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    cant die as long as valkyrs exist

welcome your dark ranger overlords
    I'm not a fan of the idea of "dark ranger" as a race, cause they don't really bring anything new, that's why my choice for undead BE thing is mostly Sanlayn (they bring a new culture -at least a sub-culture- that's not already in the Horde -an a more unique look, IMHO-)

Though something we can all agree, Dark ranger looks cool as fuck.

I, on the other hand, don't see it as a problem; I too, would like other races in the game as well. I would like some more than others--I would have preferred San-layn over the Nightborne and High Elves over Void Elves, others I am certain feel differently--I don't think they are wrong for preferring something different, what people choose to play is their business and I am glad they are happy; my immersion has not been lessened by either of those two races.

May we get Ogres some day?

Awesome!

Naga?

Awesome!

Mechagnomes?

Awesome!

Even if I might not play either of those 3 races. The Immersion level is consistent with what's in the game currently even when the storyline seems kinda forced. I don't like the Void Elf story, but they at least look pretty cool.

I think the flavor of the game will be better with more choice and customization, even when it doesn't come in the order I would do things.

So, if you are saying you would prefer other races before San-layn, I totally respect that--it's a preference though, not a need. When the thought was first teased with datamining in the wayback I admit to having my fanboi nerdgasm. When it turned out to be a false alarm--I rage quit. OK, I didn't rage quit, was disappointed but still hope it happens. That's my preference.

In either case, Yes San-layn or No San-layn, it's not a cause for hyperbole by either side.

I don't need to convince people why I want tacos; one can be presented with tacos or not, or choose tacos or not. But I don't go to a restaurant that serves tacos and get mad if they added another taco to their menu--even if I don't order it.
    Props on this level-headed and reasonable post. While I enjoy the forums, this kind of discourse is rare.
    I figure they'll add *some* kind of undead to the horde, and so far the ones with better setup are elves (either Sanlayn or dead night elves). Although at face value, another flavor of elf isn't what I'd prefer be added at this time, for me, it's all about how they actually turn out. If they're able to visually/thematically differentiate them, I'll probably like them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    Just a a question about people being anti elf how dose it really effect you if they add more flavors of elf?
    the question could be changed like, "to the people who want even more elves, why other "non-elves" would be such a big deal for you?, how would ffect you if i don't know they ctually give chance for other races?

but to answer you, they will pollute the freaking game with 50 tons of elf, its boring, its cliche, homogenize the game, (and ruin the lore of the faction) something we don't need

They also affect directly by taking the spot of other more unique races

you want another race? too bad, we will get elves, if you don't like don't play, fuck you, just don't see then XDDDDDD!

What about the people who want elves sit down and wait bit? they already get 2 shinny new elves,why is the urge to get another recolor? throw the bone to the other fanbase, have some empathy, after a few races being added we can start to think/talk about elves again

If you don't like them you dont have to play one and its not like you would really notice them anyway as most people play really zoomed out.
    if you want elves, you already have a lot to play, its not like they will look different in armor anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I would absolutely love them. No undead night elves are gonna be as cool as the San'layn. Although I am not sure if there's any chance left of them becoming an allied race.

I also feel the need to share this incredibly well done concept of the San'layn that I stumbled upon on twitter a while back ago, made by Hipnos14, _Vanderiel_ and Drimath - https://twitter.com/Hipnos14?lang=cs.

Looks very good, thanks for sharing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    But why do we need / want more elves? I may not love vulpera but at least it's not another damn elf
    Because San'layn are the only vampire elves!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krilad View Post
    The time for a DK allied race is coming.
    If you played the questlines on the horde side of BFA, you know they are setting up some really strong enemy which seems to have something to do with death.
    That being said we are going to see this enemy next expansion or maybe on the last patch of BFA.
    Others death related character such as the Lich King, sylvannas and bwosandi will probably have a big part on that story, as enemies or allies.
    That also explain why they are avoiding DK as allied races for so long, they already have big plans for DKs.
    Hopefully...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Agreed. I also like the idea (someone wrote it earlier in this thread) that San'layn would also fit the death knight class. And the High elves too I guess. It would make sense both timewise and lorewise.
    Well, there are no better options currently for the horde for dks as far as allied races go.(if they add them, that is)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Yeap Yeap. Personally feel Dark iron and Zandalari would work. I even reckon Orc and Dreani demon hunters could work, maybe
    They might work but Bwonsamdi's Zandalar DKs would be in conflict with the LK Dks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not given the Alliance War Campaign. But Undead NEs via the Dark Shore quest could possibly be foreshadowing.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    lets hope blizzrd don't just start giving players tacos "just because they want", let then sit down and wait for other races to be added instead of another shit elf
    Well at least that's well reasoned.

Don't give some players what they want-give other players what they want.

I seriously ask, why the people has some obssesion with the elves? Really I am starting to suspect if blizzard added 6 new races of elves, people will be celebrating irl for that feature
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Props on this level-headed and reasonable post. While I enjoy the forums, this kind of discourse is rare.
    I figure they'll add *some* kind of undead to the horde, and so far the ones with better setup are elves (either Sanlayn or dead night elves). Although at face value, another flavor of elf isn't what I'd prefer be added at this time, for me, it's all about how they actually turn out. If they're able to visually/thematically differentiate them, I'll probably like them.
    Likewise--and for the record, I really don't just want another recolor--I would prefer they gave us more options. I have no objection to your attractive vampire elves and would like them as an option, but I would also be majorly stoked if I could have a nosferatu style. For me, it's the vampire aspect I really want and I don't come claim to speaking for all San=layn fans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well at least that's well reasoned.

Don't give some players what they want-give other players what they want.
    yes because if player already got something, they need to wait to other people get something

don't be selfish

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Uh, no, it's not. Not even close. High Elves are very active and there are quite a few of them, San'layn were very few in number to begin with and of those that can create more, there are at best perhaps 2 members of their 'race' left. They were directly allied with the Scourge, and were one of the most sadistic members of it. That they even were able to join the Horde to begin with is a mystery to me, but I guess that was done just to show how evil Sylvanas was or something.
    Honestly, void elves are also a fraction of a fraction of a fraction yet there they are.

Likewise--and for the record, I really don't just want another recolor--I would prefer they gave us more options. I have no objection to your attractive vampire elves and would like them as an option, but I would also be majorly stoked if I could have a nosferatu style. For me, it's the vampire aspect I really want and I don't come claim to speaking for all San=layn fans.
    I don't know if you misinterpreted me or if you confused me for another poster, because I didn't advocate for attractive vampire elves. Nothing wrong with that though! I, for one, agree with you. If we were to get Sanlayn, I'd prefer they'd be nosferatu style. I'd like for them to be more on the monstrous and scarier side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    If you dont like them you dont have to play one and its not like you would really notice them anyway as most people play really zoomed out.
    And most of the time your focused on other things then what people in your party look like.
    Unless your someone who runs around in like first person mode just looking at peoples characters surely one must have something better to do?
    Because it's annoying and bad for a game to have so many of one type of race. You have, what, 4 elf races? There's no need for more. What, you want a dozen elf races? Come on.

I don't know if you misinterpreted me or if you confused me for another poster, because I didn't advocate for attractive vampire elves. Nothing wrong with that though! I, for one, agree with you. If we were to get Sanlayn, I'd prefer they'd be nosferatu style. I'd like for them to be more on the monstrous and scarier side.

This for example. Both people want different things and it's a little much too cater to every single variance of what an elf could be
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-10-27 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the question could be changed like, "to the people who want even more elves, why other "non-elves" would be such a big deal for you?, how would ffect you if i don't know they ctually give chance for other races?
    Though the question wasn't directed at me, being one of the San-layn fans, it seems fair to throw in my two cents. They can it would not be a big deal, though depending on what they chose it may be more or less preferable to something I want to play. I am happy to entertain a wide variety of playable races and customizations. For instance, I have always wanted to play as one of those hulking trolls and would prefer that over the Zandalari. Once I saw Blood Trolls, I wanted that over Zandalari too. I recognize though that I am just one voice--some may agree, others disagree, but it seems vitriolic to use the hyperbolic rhetoric over someone else's preferences. One can make their point easily enough by stating where they would prefer time and development spent without demeaning someone else's preferences.

but to answer you, they will pollute the freaking game with 50 tons of elf, its boring, its cliche, homogenize the game, (and ruin the lore of the faction) something we don't need
    I hope you consider it fair that I, and I suspect others, disagree; I am well aware that people will agree with you as well.

They also affect directly by taking the spot of other more unique races

you want another race? too bad, we will get elves, if you don't like don't play, fuck you, just don't see then XDDDDDD!
    What? Not certain what point you are trying to make here.

What about the people who want elves sit down and wait bit? they already get 2 shinny new elves,why is the urge to get another recolor? throw the bone to the other fanbase, have some empathy, after a few races being added we can start to think/talk about elves again
    If anyone is demanding San-layn or High Elves or Santa's Elves, I am with you in the sense no one has a right to demand anything as far as playable races are concerned. And if Blizzard chooses something else, depending upon what it is--I will be more or less happy. I am sorry if me liking Vampire Elves is an affront to your sensibilities, but that doesn't make me wrong for liking them.

And as I have noted elsewhere, in a perfect world--they wouldn't just be a recolor to fully satisfy what I most prefer.

if you want elves, you already have a lot to play, its not like they will look different in armor anyway
    For those of us that want them, it's not about how they look in armor (I don't think) and if it was your objection about seeing more elves is a little over the top since there would be no real difference on your end not playing them; instead, I would guess it's about the immersion of this particular fantasy.

I could be wrong--YMMV

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't misinterpret you, my response was poorly worded--when I said your attractive blah blah blah, I actually meant that as a generic sort of take for instance your blah blah blah--that was may bad on the wording; mea culpa
    Last edited by PapaV; 2018-10-27 at 01:58 AM. Reason: fixed slash for quote

7+ Year Old Account
    They can it would not be a big deal, though depending on what they chose it may be more or less preferable to something I want to play.
    and this falls to the point of empathy, if all the non-elf lovers had to shut the fuck up and eat all the new elves even if then don't want to play, why can't you do the same once?
    I am happy to entertain a wide variety of playable races and customizations
    yet, you advocate for another recolor, who will be epitome of not variety

For instance, I have always wanted to play as one of those hulking trolls and would prefer that over the Zandalari. Once I saw Blood Trolls, I wanted that over Zandalari too. I recognize though that I am just one voice--some may agree, others disagree, but it seems vitriolic to use the hyperbolic rhetoric over someone else's preferences. One can make their point easily enough by stating where they would prefer time and development spent without demeaning someone else's preferences
    so? how this change something? the point is there are 2 playerbase, one want elves the other want any shit else

if the elf fanbae already got 2 new to play, why they had to be pamper and get more? again, why not the bone for the other fanbase too?

I hope you consider it fair that I, and I suspect others, disagree; I am well aware that people will agree with you as well.
    i consider fair the elf lovers sit down and wait their turn, until other races, who actually make sense lorewise to join.

And again, put ton of elf recolors just because you are shallow is a game polution, i would fell the same if they start putting every kind of tauren, every kind of troll etc

What? Not certain what point you are trying to make here.
    thats simple, allied races are not something infinity, there are a few spots, why waste all of then in elf recolors?

even if they are infity, why delay other races in prol of so much elves? again, empathy, that something is missing here, you already get your toy? let your brother get one too before you get another.

If anyone is demanding San-layn or High Elves or Santa's Elves, I am with you in the sense no one has a right to demand anything as far as playable races are concerned.
    thts the point, they are already demaning, thousand of spam posts already asking then, te sanl'ayn are hiding themselves saying "we don't want then now" but its totally useless and a lie when they keep spamming and the race get not deserved attention

And if Blizzard chooses something else, depending upon what it is--I will be more or less happy. I am sorry if me liking Vampire Elves is an affront to your sensibilities, but that doesn't make me wrong for liking them.
    i never say is wrong you liking something, but i say it is selfish to want then before other races, when there are a lot of races waiting in the line from years already

wrong is someone waiting for a race for more than what? 10-13 years? and this being pushed back because a lot of people can't handle their pants and can't wait to get another shinny elf.

Wrong is trying to put a race of crazy vampires in a faction like the horde, fucking up their lore, when they totally not fit the faction in any single aspect, the horde is not an elf faction, no matter what the numbers say

And as I have noted elsewhere, in a perfect world--they wouldn't just be a recolor to fully satisfy what I most prefer.
    but is what they are, elves with a disease, nothing more

if you want a "full vampire thing" then any other race can fit/changed to be, i would rather have human vampires from stormheim than another elf

For those of us that want them, it's not about how they look in armor
    if you care about wow lore, then you would not want then at all, if you want rp a edgy vampire pick a blood DK, essentially the same thing

(I don't think) and if it was your objection about seeing more elves is a little over the top since there would be no real difference on your end not playing them; instead, I would guess it's about the immersion of this particular fantasy.
    again, there will a lot of difference, lore breaking, shit lore, me not playing then will not matter since i will se a lot of then freaking around instead of actually races that me and other were waiting

saying they would not make difference, and the solution is "not play then" is a horrible excuse

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Fortunately the San'layn were entirely wiped out during the Alliance war campaign. They won't be coming back, nor should they. I am not even going to devolve this into "we don't need more elves", because I don't have to. San'layn are a ridiculous concept for an allied race, and they were killed off.

Death knights 'fitting' an allied race are not the reason they weren't added to them. Death knights would fit virtually any race. It's a lot of extra effort to add that class though, than it would be for, say, a hunter, warrior, priest, etc. It requires special, unique skins to do so, as well as figuring out a way to work them into the story and decide how it impacts heritage armor, etc.

The daughter of the queen is actually in Legion as an encounter
    . They were also already incorporated into the Horde in BFA. There were some other little bits in Legion, too, which seem to point to them trying to keep them hovering in the background.

I would absolutely play one if available, but I agree that there's far too many elves right now, especially in comparison to other races and for lack of races we should have had long ago. I would personally love them, but the Horde at least needs Ogres first.
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2018-10-27 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Honestly, void elves are also a fraction of a fraction of a fraction yet there they are.
    Well technically a fraction of the blood elves is still dramatically more than the entire High Elves Alliance population, but really, it's what Blizzard decides they are, whatever that might be.

Given that there are high elves and blood elves on the purple void elf asteroid, they might even still be gaining new members.