Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yes ppl are looking at titanforging as something they expect to get rather than just seeing it for the bonus that it is. if you don't get many TF's this tier, maybe you'll get more TF's next tier.

obviously the ilvl is going to increase so over the course of the whole expansion you'll have many many chances to get TF items. the encounters can't be balanced around the notion that everyone is fully titanforged, perhaps the numbers are balanced around the possibility that several ppl are clad in TF loot, but you aren't going into raids needing to be fully titanforged to clear the content. its just not that important. so long as your overall ilvl meets the requirement for the content you're doing, you don't need to worry about not having multiple tf pieces, it will help, but it probably won't be the difference between winning and wiping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    They wont reset their expectations. They will just stop palying. Nobady will rethink how they think about gear. Nobady. Those players will just quit the game and soon you will not have anyone to paly with. It is upto blizzard to change this not players.
    I'm already not playing with people who are obsessing about Best-in-Slot with highest WF/TF. This is a fairly limited group of players. On the other hand plenty of mid- and lower-end players enjoy getting a bonus on their gear once in a while. There are lots of those. I'm not sure I see how gear bonuses are going to end up with WoW being an empty desert.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-10-27 at 08:42 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Long story short, if stars allign you will get max item level from world quests, no skill required and that is quite bad.

Make warforge +5
    Make titanforge +10

Done.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

and that person who scores that max ilvl titanforge from a world quest will go into a raid and pass items like that item that titanforged to other ppl because they already have a max TF from a world quest. that person getting that max TF, now has one slot that can't be improved and any gear they get for that slot they can pass on to others.

so that person is now passing gear to other ppl and helping other ppl gear up. is this a bad thing, no.

this is the first tier, so what is a max titanforge now, won't be a max titanforge 4-6 months from now.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-10-27 at 08:43 AM.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    and that person who scores that max ilvl titanforge from a world quest will go into a raid and pass items like that item that titanforged to other ppl because they already have a max TF from a world quest. that person getting that max TF, now has one slot that can't be improved and any gear they get for that slot they can pass on to others.

so that person is now passing gear to other ppl and helping other ppl gear up. is this a bad thing, no.

this is the first tier, so what is a max titanforge now, won't be a max titanforge 4-6 months from now.
    So you approve that random noob doing WQ should be able to get same item level as mythic raider?

Its cos of people like you - potato casuals, blizzard ruined this game
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Deleted

But that person wont go into raid. Why should he do it? He can get full 370+ gear wihtout stepping into raid. Hell i am 372 and o havent done nothing above LFR. Why ishould i even bother spend houts and hours progressin raids when i can get exact same gear for doing trivial tasks?

You really beliave that people what just run casual content should be rewarded with same gear as players doing raids? No wonder people quiting and BFA is in current state.

cry me a fucking river. turd nugget elitists can suck my big hairy ball sack. i'm sorry but your over blown expectation of ppl is silly, elitism did nothing for the game in classic and it does nothing for the game today except create intolerable ppl who look down on everyone because they think they are better than everyone else. I have no time for that crap while i'm having fun.

at least on the bright side ppl get to see the content and actually play the game, and do what they want to do.

how do you know they won't go into a raid? are you personally following everyone around and making notes of what ppl do, no you aren't. using generalisations to make a point isn't proving anything its still just a generalization on something you do not know. maybe some ppl only do world quests, maybe they never will go into a raid. maybe some ppl do decide to broaden their horizons, you do not know what ppl do or do not do.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-10-27 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    They wont reset their expectations. They will just stop palying. Nobady will rethink how they think about gear. Nobady. Those players will just quit the game and soon you will not have anyone to paly with. It is upto blizzard to change this not players.
    But these players are probably exactly the players that stop to show up for raids, as soon as they got most of their gear. It doesnt matter why they leave, but they are going to leave as soon as they have good enough gear to raid the next raid tier. Then they show up again, grab some easy upgrades and then vansih into the twisting nether again. These players have always been there and will always be there. It doesnt matter if you have wf/tf system, one raid difficulty, personal loot, master loot or whatever way blizzard finds to give loot to players. It happened 10+ years ago and will happen in ever future expansion.

Deleted
    cry me a fucking river. turd nugget elitists can suck my big hairy ball sack.

at least on the bright side ppl get to see the content and actually play the game, and do what they want to do.

how do you know they won't go into a raid? are you personally following everyone around and making notes of what ppl do, no you aren't.
    Yeah and also get bored after 3 weeks becouse they have nothing to wortk towards to. And i dont get why you call me elitis. I am not raider. I dont even do mythic+ yet i am againts this type of reward sctructure. I dont beliave i deserver gear what i currently have. I dont deserver that gear. And it is *** boring being perma showered by this welfate titanforged items for doing nothing. Those players doing raids deserver much more than we casuals what runing our casual content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bixster View Post
    But these players are probably exactly the players that stop to show up for raids, as soon as they got most of their gear. It doesnt matter why they leave, but they are going to leave as soon as they have good enough gear to raid the next raid tier. Then they show up again, grab some easy upgrades and then vansih into the twisting nether again. These players have always been there and will always be there. It doesnt matter if you have wf/tf system, one raid difficulty, personal loot, master loot or whatever way blizzard finds to give loot to players. It happened 10+ years ago and will happen in ever future expansion.
    No it didnt happen 10y ago. Becouse by time you got your bis in TBC or Vannila there was whole new raid for your to explore and beat. You were not geared in 2-3 weeks like we are now.

then unsub and come back next tier, sorry there isn't infinite progression on tier 1 I guess. still it never has been that way. if you can't make any more progress congratulations, you just saved yourself 2 months of subscription time. unsub, play something else, come back when you can progress more.

i don't progress all the time, sometimes i do other things in this game, fish/farm herbs. level alts. plenty of things to do when you have no hard progression left to make. boost friends, run m+ for the lols. do pvp (bleh). there is more to the game than simply farming better gear endlessly on one toon.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-10-27 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    then unsub and come back next tier, sorry there isn't infinite progression on tier 1 i guess.
    I alredy did. And there is infinite progression on tier 1. You will never reach your biss items never. Thats why most people do not bother and leave. We ahd finite progression in past when you after several months would earn and get bis gear.

Deleted
    Yes TF is shit. Cant understand it took like 4 expansions before all the billies and spergs figured that out. Like our GOD asmongold said, "it feels like im the old crazy guy".

Just fucking remove it.

there isn't infinite content there is finite content for the difficulty of content you yourself are doing. you only need a certain amount of ilvl to start the next tier of content, you don't need full bis titanforge to make progress in the next tier of raid content. you just don't no matter how much you think you do, thats an OCD problem, not an actual problem that anyone has.

its all in your miiiiind.

Deleted
    there isn't infinite content there is finite content for the difficulty of content you yourself are doing. you only need a certain amount of ilvl to start the next tier of content, you don't need full bis titanforge to make progress in the next tier of raid content. you just don't no matter how much you think you do, thats an OCD problem, not an actual problem that anyone has.
    Players want finish their characters. They wanted it in past and they want it now. But becouse they cant get it. Becouse chance of getting bis is like 0,001% chance people do not bother = they quit the game. I was raiding during TBC and WOTLK and everyone was there for their bis gear. Yes it took months but you would 100% get it. Thats why people didnt drop raiding and continue playing even after defeating all bosses.

It is funny. Nack in TBC i would get bis item by just defeating bosses and hope item drops. Now i have to defeate boss, hope item drops, hope it is titanforget, hope it have socket, hope it have proper trais and hope it have proper enchancements. Thats lot of RNG to get your bis item.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2018-10-27 at 09:40 AM.

Deleted
    No it didnt happen 10y ago. Becouse by time you got your bis in TBC or Vannila there was whole new raid for your to explore and beat. You were not geared in 2-3 weeks like we are now.
    So you want to go back to the times when raids got 2 items for 25/40 man for some boss kills?

And yes it happened in TBC aswell. During the time between BT and Sunwell one of the best guilds on our server died thanks to this.

then don't stop raiding and keep farming for titanforged gear, I honestly don't really care what you do, thats on you.

if you have the cosmetic looks, thats all that matters, the ilvl of the gear you are getting will be enough to progress the next tier.

ppl farmed whole sets so they had the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I don't get it why titanforging is bad. You get the gear you are working for (i.e. do +10, you get a guaranteed 370 ilvl loot). A tf proc is just a bonus.
    its called OCD.

people just refuse to accept its their fault not systems fault.

Deleted
    then don't stop raiding and keep farming for titanforged gear, I honestly don't really care what you do, thats on you.
    I do not raid. And i wont farm titanforged gear. Raidinf isnt worth is alredy got my 372 itemlvl anyway. And target specific items really isnt worth becouse of low chance to actualy get them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bixster View Post
    So you want to go back to the times when raids got 2 items for 25/40 man for some boss kills?

And yes it happened in TBC aswell. During the time between BT and Sunwell one of the best guilds on our server died thanks to this.
    1 guild compared to 2-3mil of players unsubing? Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Effectively never feeling satisfied with your equipment because it is all blurred by RNG!
    I do feel satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    Personally, I found that loot became less interesting when they introduced epics to drop in heroic dungeons. Epics were not really epic anymore.
    You may just observed the removal of the PROGRESSION GEAR WALL for players either raiding or not raiding and stuck with the PROGRESSION GEAR WALL without any other option.

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    ...no skill required and that is quite bad.
    We still play the same MMO, its still about time spend and in the past it was just about time spend in a raid. To get gear in the past the only requirement you needed was get enough time for raiding and socialize your way into the given LOOT DISTRIBUTION you had to deal with. LootCouncil? You know what you had to do. DKP? You only had to force some changes to manipulate the whole system for your benefits.

Playing skill was never and possibly will never be an important factor for your gear progression. If skillprogression would be important in this game, we would have normalized gear and a ranking system for everything.