Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    It got worse over time. Showering every other day? No biggie. Showing twice a week, okay that's annoying. Showing maybe once every other week? Houston we have a problem. Early on she showered regularly just like I did.
    Could have been a sign of depression. Did you try looking into that at the time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Could have been a sign of depression. Did you try looking into that at the time?
    I went well beyond the call of duty. Eventually I had to cut my losses.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I'm curious... how are they even an Ex if they don't shower every day? (preferably twice) That would have been a deal breaker for me before a real relationship would start. Bad breath too. There is literally no excuse for it.
    Exercise in the morning and work a physical job during the day for 2 showers? surely no other reason to outside of shitting yourself......

Never actually had a gross date yet, just dates with extremely polarising personalities I didn't click with.

Heh, never actually thought about this before.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Exercise in the morning and work a physical job during the day for 2 showers? surely no other reason to outside of shitting yourself......
    I like being clean. I shower before and after work. on days off I shower once, unless its summer or I sweat for any reason, then its 2. As for women I date I expect the same. I dated one really pretty girl who only showered every other day... I broke that off as soon as she dropped that fact, until then I only saw her weekends because we both worked a lot but I wasn't going to get serious with any every other day shower taker.

Think of it like this: If someone is blindfolded and could smell ass crack, ball sack, or armpit from a 1/2 inch away you need a shower. I mean honestly, a shower is nice.... not like it's hard work or expensive. If you are in a place with clean running water you should always be clean.

I'm curious... how are they even an Ex if they don't shower every day? (preferably twice) That would have been a deal breaker for me before a real relationship would start. Bad breath too. There is literally no excuse for it.
    I think there are genetic reasons for bad breath, beyond hygiene. I don't know if medication or diet changes completely address the issue, assuming normal hygiene.

That being said, I've only been acquainted with one person who had noticeably bad breath (ex of a friend), and yeah his hygiene was spotty.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think there are genetic reasons for bad breath, beyond hygiene. I don't know if medication or diet changes completely address the issue, assuming normal hygiene.

That being said, I've only been acquainted with one person who had noticeably bad breath (ex of a friend), and yeah his hygiene was spotty.
    I don't know... I think its like weight. Yes, some people have to work much harder than others to not be fat but we can all do it. Someone might have a medical reason for bad breath but I would be hard pressed to believe there is nothing they can do to fix it. Regardless, I wouldn't date a person with bad breath even if she was gorgeous, it's just too gross. Morning breath is a natural thing, but get up, brush your teeth, come back to bed, then talk to me.... don't give me that morning breath blast. I dunno, I just hate bad smells, especially when it can be fixed. One of the reasons I prefer big lizards (iguanas and monitors) over dogs is they always smell good and are easy wash, and enjoy getting a bath unlike a dog who thinks you are Hitler and Stalin in one for doing it.

I like being clean. I shower before and after work. on days off I shower once, unless its summer or I sweat for any reason, then its 2. As for women I date I expect the same. I dated one really pretty girl who only showered every other day... I broke that off as soon as she dropped that fact, until then I only saw her weekends because we both worked a lot but I wasn't going to get serious with any every other day shower taker.

Think of it like this: If someone is blindfolded and could smell ass crack, ball sack, or armpit from a 1/2 inch away you need a shower. I mean honestly, a shower is nice.... not like it's hard work or expensive. If you are in a place with clean running water you should always be clean.
    Which you easily achieve by having one a day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    I have standards instead of going with anyone who expresses interest.
    You consider having a drink and chatting as 'going with'? That's weird

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Well I don't use dating sites and date people I have met in real life, so they are already filtered. I do feel like most glaring issues should be obvious in the first few conversations, and then finally in the first minutes of a date...I guess...maybe I just have good dating radar, I simply have not had the issues you have had.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone has that much of a farting issue, then they need to change their diet.
    I mean sure, but there's still other issues that may become obvious after exposed time together.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I am sure we have all been there where we go on a date and quickly find out how gross he/she is either due to personal hygiene, bad habits or something else. NOTE - I am not talking about physical appearance that cannot be changed. So, share your stories:

I unfortunately have had my share of gross dates from men with terrible BO, men that chew food with their mouth open, men that obviously do not know how to wash their privates to men that constantly fart during intimate moments.
    Gross? I must have been lucky in that I haven't come across anyone I'd consider "gross" on a first date.

However, I have declined further dates based on some stuff they have said, which have given the whole affair a sour taste, like "I really want to have many babies" and "I think men are gross" - from the same girl.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

You consider having a drink and chatting as 'going with'? That's weird
    I'm only going by your own wording, you're going (on a date) with them.

This seems to be an issue of really bad luck or you attracting a specific type of person.

I've never ever in 37 years experienced this and I can't recall any of my friends having this issue.

Maybe should think about which kind of men you pursue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    I'm only going by your own wording, you're going (on a date) with them.
    And what exactly is a date to you? To me it's hanging out with somebody your physically attracted to determine whether or not they're worth romantically getting involved with. I don't have sex with every date lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    This seems to be an issue of really bad luck or you attracting a specific type of person.

I've never ever in 37 years experienced this and I can't recall any of my friends having this issue.

Maybe should think about which kind of men you pursue
    It isn't like I have had lots of gross dates. Just 3.

Haven't been dating a lot. I've been on 2 dates. And this one guy... Well, we got chatting in WoW and decided to meet; he'd pick me up from my place and we'd drive to his. Back then I was a little heavier then what I am now. Still far away from becoming a candidate to My 600 lb Life. And I told him. We met. Drove to his place. And hardly spoke a word to each other during my stay, which was 1 night (though the intention was 2). Had to arrange my own food and drink. "Of course, no one likes fat girls". Indeed, but he wasn't really in a place to critisise And his house... Fucking disgusting. Filthy, unhealthy, unsanitary. He didn't have a toilet brush - don't think more details are needed. He also had a weird relationship with his mom - he had lived in that house (inherited) for over a year without a working shower, instead he had gone to his mom's house to shower. Wanted to see quite recently what he was up to on facebook, and his mom commented every single photo with something along the lines of "you are wonderful <3 I love you <3<3".

I didn't pay the fuel, so yay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I don't really date. My first and only real relationship was with a friend of mine when I was 20. Lasted 3 years or so. I'm 29 now. He had his quirks, but nothing I wasn't also guilty of. Like forgetting to brush your teeth in the morning and having bad breath when you're cuddling etc.

I'm currently talking to a great guy who lives in another country. I guess you could call it dating or something but we're more than that it feels like. Hope he and I can meet sometime in the future.

LOL I remember I went on a date with this beautiful girl, but had forgotten to put on deodorant that morning. We were walking outside a lot for the date. Needless to say I got disgusting pretty fast and her body language clearly showed that she noticed.

I mean sure, but there's still other issues that may become obvious after exposed time together.
    Oh for sure, my experience is that people are on their best behavior on first dates lol.

It involved 3 slices of pizza and rubbing it all over her body. Gross, but perfect.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Stop fucking on your first dates.
    Don't tell people what to do with their privates
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    It involved 3 slices of pizza and rubbing it all over her body. Gross, but perfect.
    I hope you still ate those slices, cant waste good food.