Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    It depends on how blizzard will go about things. I expect the raids to release in a staggered fashion so that you have the same progression and raid order as we had in vanilla.

This means naxx won't be there on launch so no, it won't be cleared week 1. However, when naxx releases eventually it will be cleared day 1. Not even just week 1, day 1.

Why? Simple. We all know the attunement, so the big guilds will prep and have all the arcanite bars farmed and ready. They will have their frost gear stacked and ready for saph. And since classic is really pulling in the the old players they know the strats, they know what to do etc. We are prepared far far far more because we already know what comes, whats required and how the fights function.

If naxx is released with the launch of classic it will take about a month though in order to level, grind the gear and prepare for it with 40 people.
    Only 'private server people' still know the start. I was hardcore back then (7/7 raid !) and I forgot most of the details. Of course you remember the big things like onyxia fear but I challenge anyone who is not currently playing in a PS all the details on AQ40 bosses.

I

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    but it almost definitely will not be within a week of opening just because of gear requirements necessary to complete some of the fights.
    Are you talking about week within server launch, or raids on a staggered release, so each previous raid is cleared for a month or 2 first?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaylin View Post
    I keep seeing some people throwing around the statment that good guild will be able to clean Naxx within a week of launch. I just dont see how you can level and gear up that quick.
    according to latest leaks, there is no flying necropolis in EPL in the demo build of the game, so a lot of people are speculating that they will release raid content at a staggered rate instead of opening all raids on release

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Would i be completly in the wrong if i take a guess that you did not kill Patchwerk in vanilla wow?
    Sure, dpsers didnt need to do shit other than dps. For healers its an entirely diffrent story.
    Patchwerk is what turned boys to men when it comes to healing.

It was absolutely not the easiest boss in naxx. It wasnt even in the bottom half of easy bosses in naxx.
    It was the second boss I killed after Anub Rekhan, bitch please. :/ I remember wiping a lot at 1% but thats all. We killed it the first week of our first naxx run. Something like third in the whole FR realms.

How about a few hours

I still think it funny people are thinking this is Vanilla NAXX/Servers... It is classic. I fully expect to have Druid and Pally tanks for raids. Things not to be exactly like Vanilla but a hybrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm shocked that all you players who supposedly played in Vanilla don't remember that raiding had nothing to do with skill and everything to do with gear back then. /shrug

How will you even beat MC in the first week? How will you have 40 players with enough FR to take on Rag? Does no one remember this?

No one remembers Twin Emps in AQ40? Good luck with that nubs.
    The PR Needed for AQ40 for HewHewWWWwwww?!?!?!?!?
    How will you even get 40 people in one group within one week, who will have a shadow flame cloak for Nef in BWL?

LoL Im starting to think NONE of you played V WoW.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2018-10-29 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I still think it funny people are thinking this is Vanilla NAXX/Servers... It is classic. I fully expect to have Druid and Pally tanks for raids. Things not to be exactly like Vanilla but a hybrid.
    Won't happen, then there is absolutely no point of having it as a "museum". And that was the point

Of course raid content is going to be staggered. It has to be otherwise there's no point in even running MC or most of BWL. ZG and updated 1.10 dungeon gear invalidate most of it. Also for those that think Naxx can be cleared within a week of server launch there's the AQ opening event which I'm pretty sure will take longer than a week. Good luck in Naxx with no AQ gear.

On a not raid release schedule note. I'm curious how they will handle tuning. Because 1.12 classes make early raids faceroll. I hope they find a good balance in tuning to maintain the original challenge of the content not the PS "challenge"

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    If the original attunements in: No.

Gearing isn't that much of an issue as ZG and AQ20 will probably be in before and those are major catch-ups. But attunements alone will make entry slower. Not to mention gear drops compounded with needing 40 bodies.
    An excerpt from a really good read:

https://www.method.gg/wormie-s-class...trospective-mc

If you read the article A History of World Firsts: Vanilla then you know that Ragnaros was alive for months before anyone killed him. But there was a very good reason for this: in Molten core you had to gain reputation by killing bosses with a faction called Hydraxian Waterlords. You had to be honored with this faction in order to obtain an Aqual Quintessence, a 1 time use item that “Douses a rune of the firelords”. You got this item from a quest giver south of Azshara out in the water so it wasn’t super accessible and you had to heartstone to get out of there again. I believe that you needed to douse 6 runes to spawn Majordomo Executus, each placed at a boss and, obviously, you needed to kill them douse the rune.

When the last rune was doused Majordomo would yell out in Molten Core and spawn in the furthers corner away from the entrance, and he was the first fight where you actually don't kill the boss but the surrounding adds. He came with 4 healers and 4 melee dps’ers and once all of these adds had been killed he turned Friendly and spawned a chest with loot in it, while he disappeared into Ragnaros' Lair. The fight was relatively simple, 4 tanks tank 1 add each while you CC the 4 healers. And then you dps them down 1 by 1. This is also a fight that gets easier over time as you have less adds to deal with there and significantly less incoming damage, so most wipes happened on the first melee adds. While all this was happening you also need to have a tank on Majordomo himself, away from the other adds. Once in a while he would swap places with one of his melee adds and then it’s up to the tanks to get them under control again. There were 2 shields you had to watch out for: Purple Shield - while this shield is up, up to 100 melee damage per hit reflects back to those inflicting it. White Shield - while this shield is up, Each magic attack has a 50% chance to reflect back to the attacker. Both Majordomo and his adds could cast these shields on each other and they needed to be purged. Once the melee adds had been killed the healers remained, they became immune to CC effects like sheep and you had to fight them all together, meaning you needed to counterspell, stun and interrupt the cast on all 4. Sometimes this could be very frustrating as it was one of the first encounters where you were kind of relying on everyone playing well to coordinate the stuns and interrupts. However, most guilds didn’t get stuck on this encounter for too long.

It sounds impossible to get the gear required that fast in vanilla. Raid bosses drop less gear per player compared to live, and there's not as many gear sources either. You can't boost your gear indefinitely even if you play nonstop.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I'm shocked that all you players who supposedly played in Vanilla don't remember that raiding had nothing to do with skill and everything to do with gear back then. /shrug

How will you even beat MC in the first week? How will you have 40 players with enough FR to take on Rag? Does no one remember this?

How will you even get 40 people in one group within one week, who will have a shadow flame cloak for Nef in BWL?

If it's 1.12 itemization, then you only need a limited amount of RF for melee. My healer had almost no FR when I first killed it (in 1.1 or 1.2). FR was a legend, you lost too much mana if you were in full RF as a healer.

Its like NR and Huhuran, I farmed maraudon and everything to be "max RN" and after some tries of being OOM after 3-4 aoe heals I switched back to T2 + one epic RN piece... and it was enough

Totally agree! Funny thing is? These are the SAME people who use iLevel to make sure people are "geared enough" for their mythic runs. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    An excerpt from a really good read:

https://www.method.gg/wormie-s-class...trospective-mc

If you read the article A History of World Firsts: Vanilla then you know that Ragnaros was alive for months before anyone killed him. But there was a very good reason for this: in Molten core you had to gain reputation by killing bosses with a faction called Hydraxian Waterlords. You had to be honored with this faction in order to obtain an Aqual Quintessence, a 1 time use item that “Douses a rune of the firelords”. You got this item from a quest giver south of Azshara out in the water so it wasn’t super accessible and you had to heartstone to get out of there again. I believe that you needed to douse 6 runes to spawn Majordomo Executus, each placed at a boss and, obviously, you needed to kill them douse the rune.

When the last rune was doused Majordomo would yell out in Molten Core and spawn in the furthers corner away from the entrance, and he was the first fight where you actually don't kill the boss but the surrounding adds. He came with 4 healers and 4 melee dps’ers and once all of these adds had been killed he turned Friendly and spawned a chest with loot in it, while he disappeared into Ragnaros' Lair. The fight was relatively simple, 4 tanks tank 1 add each while you CC the 4 healers. And then you dps them down 1 by 1. This is also a fight that gets easier over time as you have less adds to deal with there and significantly less incoming damage, so most wipes happened on the first melee adds. While all this was happening you also need to have a tank on Majordomo himself, away from the other adds. Once in a while he would swap places with one of his melee adds and then it’s up to the tanks to get them under control again. There were 2 shields you had to watch out for: Purple Shield - while this shield is up, up to 100 melee damage per hit reflects back to those inflicting it. White Shield - while this shield is up, Each magic attack has a 50% chance to reflect back to the attacker. Both Majordomo and his adds could cast these shields on each other and they needed to be purged. Once the melee adds had been killed the healers remained, they became immune to CC effects like sheep and you had to fight them all together, meaning you needed to counterspell, stun and interrupt the cast on all 4. Sometimes this could be very frustrating as it was one of the first encounters where you were kind of relying on everyone playing well to coordinate the stuns and interrupts. However, most guilds didn’t get stuck on this encounter for too long.
    Wasnt it REMOVED in 1.12 or prior ?

Ηey man, FYI there is a mob the raid can MC at UBRS entrance that grants, while MCD, a one-hour buff of 60 Fire Resistance to all Raid members and pets.

I played Vanilla and raided vanilla too.

In addition, Ragnaros cannot be killed on the first week MC is out b/c the raid won't have enough Reputation with the Water Elemental Lords and therefore not enough dousers to douse all Runes for Ragnaros to spawn.

No need to thank me for the lesson, I am giving it to you free of charge, son.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=9098/scarshield-spellbinder
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2018-10-29 at 03:12 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    I can only speak about patchwerk as a tank (offtanking hatefull strikes) and DPS but as far as I know all you do is split healers into 3-4 groups with 3-4 healers on each tank just spamming low/medium ranks for the duration of the fight? I mean, you're literally healing 1 target.
    mana is the big issue. You cant really downrank as much as youd like since you really need to get the tank up fast so hes ready for the next hatefulstrike. The "new" thing for healers to learn on that fight compared to earlier vanilla bosses is /stopcasting macros whenever they see the tank on full hp. Add in the good old vanilla latency and you had a proper annoying boss that took several raidnights to down(i think 5 or 6 nights for us). Not supermuch time by todays standard or even vanilla standard. But alot more than (anubarak, faerlina, maexxna, noth, razuvius, grobbolus gluth) wich all died in 1-2 raidnights.

I dont see how any guild will get passed 4H within 1 week.

It won't be as it is time (gear) gated. Otherwise people would clear it easily during first week.

Original post wasn't clear if they meant a week from launch off the game or a week after Naxx is available.

Assuming the latter then it simply boils down to how close the pservers got it. But unlike last time it's so well documented and unless there is literally some impossible gearecheck that requires farming previous bosses it will all go down fast.

Nobody mentions Loatheb, seem to remember that being a massive pain back in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Ηey man, FYI there is a mob the raid can MC at UBRS entrance that grants, while MCD, a one-hour buff of 60 Fire Resistance to all Raid members and pets.
    Thats how we did it. When Rag was current content, we could not down him with out that FR buff. As another poster pointed out, you couldnt stack FR in all slots or you would gimp yourself.