Poll: Which hypothetical allied races would you actually want to play?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

which hypothetical allied races would you want to play

I'm not interested about what you want them to add, but what you actually would put your hands on and play.

feel free to tell us why and what traits/skills you'd love to see as a racial

(You can vote for multiple races)
    Last edited by Maarius; 2018-10-31 at 08:53 PM.

I'd love to have Mechagnomes or Mech-flesh gnome hybrid. I love anything technology.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'd love to have Mechagnomes or Mech-flesh gnome hybrid. I love anything technology.
    This, also the Vulperas and the light undead sounds pretty interesting if they are done right, so far the allied races we got are for miles more interesting than most of the baseline races, they only need more screen time to shine
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Mok'nathal half-ogres or ogres, big ogre models have too many problems and Mok'nathal are cool af aswell and model would work easily as playable race. Basically Mok'nathal or ogres are my most wanted races since forever.

Other than that from that list, even tho i dont like lizard races maybe i would roll Sethrak rogue with some red skin or something one day to check out.

I agree those are the most probable new allied races.
    I got lots of alts, and i surely would do some race changes for these ones

I'd race change half of my roster to Sethrak if they were a Horde allied race.
    Also I'd commit a murder for an Ogre Deathknight.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Literally just not Mechagnomes and High Elves.

I don't want what's effectively an existing race with one difference.

(And no, for that matter, I am not a fan of LFD and HMT.)

Now as for what I'd do race changing for. I'd get rid of the rest of my Blood Elves (and that one Nightborne I have) if San'layn became a thing. And I already have plans to level a Sethrak Shaman if that happens.

Lightforged Undead... mmm.... you know, I might do it in a future expansion if Blizz made Paladin good (aka removed Holy Power).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I am actually quite content with Dark Iron Dwarf as my main, and I don't wanna change any time soon.

I'd love the addition of Mecha-Gnomes, but after maining gnome for the whole of Legion, I know for sure that I don't wanna PLAY gnome ever again. He's too small, kinda goofy, transmog doesn't work properly.

Lightforged Undead sounds like a reason to finally roll a Horde Pally for me ( I hate blood Elves and Taurens look extremely stupid in plate armor )
    I love Forsaken, they are my favourite Horde race, love the skeleton and the animations. I used to main Forsaken Monk in WoD.

Ogres would probably fit the game, and I'd maybe create one as an alt, but I frankly can't see myself leveling that much characters.

The rest of the races I couldn't give two fucks about. It's not that I hate them, it's just that I would never Main/Alt one.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Lightforged Undead sounds like a reason to finally roll a Horde Pally for me ( I hate blood Elves and Taurens look extremely stupid in plate armor )
    I love Forsaken, they are my favourite Horde race, love the skeleton and the animations. I used to main Forsaken Monk in WoD.
    I just wanna point out Lightforged Undead are generally considered an Alliance race. Tied into Calia, Sylvanas' little hissy fit in Arathi, and Before the Storm.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Sethrak. If they have druid available I'm paying the race change.

Mok'Nathal. I'd change my warrior in heartbeat, despite being pumped for heritage armor and making him a Blackrock Orc. I'd be a giant Mok'Nathal hulking warrior and never look back.

The other races are mostly alliance and I don't play Alliance with any seriousness so don't care. San is just another fucking elf, and I don't like the tiny races and mostly because of armor and animations on screen. No hate on Goblins or Vulpera otherwise, just don't do it for me visually as playable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I just wanna point out Lightforged Undead are generally considered an Alliance race. Tied into Calia, Sylvanas' little hissy fit in Arathi, and Before the Storm.
    Sucks. I guess Horde will never have a decent paladin race (after they blew off Zandalari paladins)

I don't love Ogres but I'd love a half orc, half ogre Rexxar type race to play. They would have to come up with a new name because half orc, half ogre doesn't really have a ring to it. I would roll a BM hunter faster than I could blink.

From the poll: Mechagnomes (Alliance) and half-ogre/Mok’nathal (Horde)

What I’d also like to see: Wildhammer dwarves (Alliance) and Forest trolls (Horde)

5+ Year Old Account
    I voted for HEs and LF Undead, those would be cool imo. Provided that they aren't a carbon copy of BEs/Forsaken respectively, that is. BEs/VEs and NEs/NB is more than enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

If they make mechagnome mechanical druids, they will become super popular

I love that even though High Elves are so highly controversial, 40% would play as one. That's a good sign for an allied race, you either want to be a High Elf or you want to kill an High Elf.

I want to be a Grummle.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's a Half-Ogre? I want a full Ogre!