10+ Year Old Account

Why is Sylvanas... (Potential Spoilers?)

Why is Sylvanas wielding Xal'atath in one of the panels?

I missed Blizzcon, so I don't really know if it was covered why Sylvanas is in possession of a sentient old god/void weapon. I know that something is supposed to be happening with Xal'atath in the future due to a datamine a while back, but that's it.

It's occurred to me that it could just be a random weapon model, but at the same time, seems a bit of a coincidence for it to be this one.

Because she is evil and has evil plans.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Nobody knows exactly. Can be just nonsense to fool people....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    Because she is evil and has evil plans.
    That's basically all I made of it. I just figured they would've explained it before dropping that on us if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Nobody knows exactly. Can be just nonsense to fool people....
    I mean, I'd do it for that reason too.

Because Golden hates when she has to write anything other than Anduin, Jaina or Baine.

Sylvanas will replace Xal as the new Knaifu, Anduin will wield her, and they become the Light and Void Wondertwins. Brother and Sister Voight. (Brother and Sister Loid sounds wrong.) Their secret decoder rings are BiS Legendaries, so they might have to farm the Broken Isles for a while, and with them gone, maybe we can have a good story. "Hey, I got mine!" "Sephuz Sign...? What the blight is this?"

Deleted
    Because she is not Garrosh 2.0. Or is she?

There has been some datamined stuff that suggests upcoming story to explain how she got it and what has been happening with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah, because priests that wield that weapon were ALL evil!

Oh how much I love you, haters <3

Deleted
    Saurfang is an Alliance plant and Slyvannas is a Old God plant!

(i'm kidding.....mostly)

Deleted
    Is it that difficult to understand? We release Xal'atath during 7.1. She wishes to reclaim her lost power/status. A challenger aproaches in N'zoth. A deal is made for 2 villains to cooperate and benefit from one another. A final expansion boss is born.

If i was a SP, i'd be livid that she gets to wield it after we had to lose it. Can't be a good feeling.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-11-03 at 10:51 AM.

because Baevanas + Knaifu = WIN

They had a slide show about villains and heroes and the future of them and they did introduce Sylvanas a villain now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Is it that difficult to understand? We release Xal'atath during 7.1. She wishes to reclaim her lost power/status. A challenger aproaches in N'zoth. A deal is made for 2 villains to cooperate and benefit from one another. A final expansion boss is born.

If i was a SP, i'd be livid that she gets to wield it after we had to lose it. Can't be a good feeling.
    Yeah, I'm kinda salty about that. I miss my knaifu and i currently have a wand, so i can't even transmog it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    because Baevanas + Knaifu = WIN
    mixing sylvanas with old gods is certainly not good.
    not good for sylvanas, not good for either faction, not good for azeroth or the forsaken.

Formerly known as Arafal

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    They had a slide show about villains and heroes and the future of them and they did introduce Sylvanas a villain now.
    Not... quite. The panel was for the future of the major characters. Not villains and heroes
    Yes, they did say Jaina and Anduin are going to continue to try to stop Sylvanas' "evil plans" or whatever, but that isn't to be confused as Blizzard saying "Yes, Sylvanas is evil," and more, "Jaina and Anduin think she's evil"

I think it was Xal'talath that whispered to Vol'jin to name Sylvanas warchief

Because Team looked to better their writer's room after Legion.