Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm very surprised that there isn't an additional cost included.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    "Juggernaut" hahaha what the fuck are you smoking.
    Time to jump off your sinking ship, there's still room on the bandwagon, you either hop on or get run over

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Did people expect to play Classic for free? This is Blizzard, lol. Incorporating it into the subscription so you get to play current and classic was the common sense move.
    Maybe a handful of idiots. Personally, I'm content with it coming with modern WoW for the base sub, but there should be a classic only option for like $9.99 a month too.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Cool that it will release earlier than I thought (Q4 2019), really happy!
    When it comes to the sub... I guess its not set in stone yet (as in if there will be option to have classic sub only).

As I've said in numerous other threads: The demographic for Blizzard's Classic realms aren't the "die-hard" Vanilla purists that dominate this forum. It's meant to supplement retail, not replace it. Everybody freaking the fuck out right now over trivial bullshit like phasing/sharding and other QoL improvements will continue to play their free pirate realms while Blizzard's version of the game forges its own community entirely on its own merits.

And everybody else will live happily ever after, the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Time to jump off your sinking ship, there's still room on the bandwagon, you either hop on or get run over
    Classic and the real one are on the same subscription buddy, if you havent realised it yet, we are on the same boat. Vanilla fanboys on this forum are the worst geez.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Summer of 2019 is perfect... really looking forward to exploring Classic WoW again. Dwarf hunter with his trusty guns n' wolf/wind serpent/gorilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    will they reduce prices for those, who don't play classic? I don't think so. Oh God, people can complain about everything. "I was buying beer and they gave me bottle of milk as an extra, what a bunch of cunts, I am not buying beer anymore"
    A better analogy would be if I was buying beer, or anything really, and they gave me a free lump of excrement. I would decline the excrement, because I do not wish to encourage them to continue giving away excrement to others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows how few people will be left playing retail when the Classic juggernaut rolls into town.
    El Oh El

If Classic will be played by like 10% of the retail playerbase 3 months in, I'll be genuinely shocked.

I bet it will be a small shit puddle of self-proclaimed elitists pounding their chests screaming that they are playing "the real wow".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Classic and the real one are on the same subscription buddy, if you havent realised it yet, we are on the same boat. Vanilla fanboys on this forum are the worst geez.
    So what are you going to do about it?
    Go back to bfa asap
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Deleted
    A better analogy would be if I was buying beer, or anything really, and they gave me a free lump of excrement. I would decline the excrement, because I do not wish to encourage them to continue giving away excrement to others.
    mate, you won't see me complaining or comparing vanilla to a pile of crap. But kudos to you for showing what a good part of "true vanilla" community will be Sharding won't destroy communities, it will save us from interacting with the likes of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    mate, you won't see me complaining or comparing vanilla to a pile of crap. But kudos to you for showing what a good part of "true vanilla" community will be Sharding won't destroy communities, it will save us from interacting with the likes of you.
    I'll be able to go on retail and mock the five or so people who are left. Silver linings I guess.

Deleted
    I'll be able to go on retail and mock the five or so people who are left. Silver linings I guess.
    So much salt You won't last a month in classic by being such an ego. GL moving realms every couple of months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    El Oh El

If Classic will be played by like 10% of the retail playerbase 3 months in, I'll be genuinely shocked.

I bet it will be a small shit puddle of self-proclaimed elitists pounding their chests screaming that they are playing "the real wow".
    The retail playerbase in about three months isn't going to be all that many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Current players get Live and Classic for 9.99 a month

Classic players get Live and Classic for 9.99 a month

Its just extra value for one sub. You get Beta for Azerite + a legendary mmo all in one sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    As I've said in numerous other threads: The demographic for Blizzard's Classic realms aren't the "die-hard" Vanilla purists that dominate this forum. It's meant to supplement retail, not replace it. Everybody freaking the fuck out right now over trivial bullshit like phasing/sharding and other QoL improvements will continue to play their free pirate realms while Blizzard's version of the game forges its own community entirely on its own merits.

And everybody else will live happily ever after, the end.
    The crowd that want qol changes won't play more than a month so there will be no community left when the real vanilla crowd goes back to pservers.
    If you are so desperate for those qol you won't like 99% of the vanilla and will go back to retail anyway so there no good reason to listen to those people. Either accept what vanilla is or go back to the retail qol heaven you want so much.

Summer is the perfect time to nolife a bit on classic and level. I am really happy. As for the sub thing, this was expected and it is normal imo. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    El Oh El

Oh no, other people will be enjoying something you don't even if its just a small minority! HOW DARE THEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I'm very surprised that there isn't an additional cost included.
    Yup my thought exactly.

If all it takes is a sub then you will never need to buy an expansion, which means once BfA moves on there will now be a very easily trackable distinction between the two groups.

Heck when it started I expected there would be an up front cost and a separate sub fee with those paying for both getting a reduced fee. The fact I can get both for the same money is nice, even if I probably won't play much of the live version once classic comes out.

Edit: However I also knew there was a small group that would refuse to pay a dime. They were always going to stick with private servers because they are cheap.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2018-11-03 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    A brilliant move for the shareholders, Not for the players who actually wanted Classic

Current players get it for free, Classic players prop up Current
    I mean we have been funding the development of your little trip down memory lane with our subs. Its the least you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by dayne87 View Post
    Haha, I called that it would require an active sub.
    It was pretty fuckin obvious though. No other solution would make sense.