Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Tradable Loot in Classic

Im more worried about Sharding but what do you guys think about tradable loot in classic?

On the Blizzcon Panel it was said it will be added to Classic to prevent stress on Game Masters requests from people who made a mistake.

But now imagine you join a group of 4 premades.
    Those 4 people can all roll /need on a item and trade to eachoter.

A friend of yours can help you on roll need on items he doesnt need...and then trade you.

Cant this be exploited?

Again, no reason to panic but what do you guys think about this? Its been confirmed to be added on Classic
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-11-03 at 09:32 PM.

It will only be exploited in groups but not raids. In Raids we will still use DKP or EP/GP Systems and Master Loot. Just like in the old days

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the classic experience.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine by me, you guys already thinking about the worst case scenarios xD just think of the positives ok? Better quality of life is always a plus

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Im more worried about Sharding but what do you guys think about tradable loot in classic?

On the Blizzcon Panel it was said it will be added to Classic to prevent stress on Game Masters requests from people who made a mistake.

But now imagine you join a group of 4 premades.
    Those 4 people can all roll /need on a item and trade to eachoter.

A friend of yours can help you on roll need on items he doesnt need...and then trade you.

Cant this be exploited?

Again, no reason to panic but what do you guys think about this? Its been confirmed to be added on Classic
    Before personal loot was implemented, I believe Need rolling on an item locked you out of trading it, specifically to prevent people from doing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind too much about the trade looting, but if enough people don't like it, make sure you make your voices heard. And be constructive, I cannot stress that enough lol

Outside of that, they seem pretty content to keep it quite close to vanilla, butt hey did admit there's still work to be done
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Small price to pay, im extremely happy with the presentation and like i have been telling everyone for months.....we are in good hands.

Cant you do the same thing with a gm? Just takes a bit longer.

(Also did vanilla have the whole "can only roll need on items you can wear thing?)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    It's fine by me, you guys already thinking about the worst case scenarios xD just think of the positives ok? Better quality of life is always a plus
    It can be exploited and will make people paranoid if they are grouping with a premade group or not who are going to help eachother.

I just want to ask you guys if this can be exploited.

Probably to save work with transferring items with GM tickets. During raids back in vanilla/TBC it was more common after a raid night that we had to make a GM ticket to transfer an item because a mistake was made. This will probably save them a lot of customer service time and won't really affect anything in the end.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    (Also did vanilla have the whole "can only roll need on items you can wear thing?)
    Exactly. Thats the key question
    This can be exploited even further if there is no restrictions.

loot beggig inc

Quote Originally Posted by isit-LoVe View Post
    It will only be exploited in groups but not raids. In Raids we will still use DKP or EP/GP Systems and Master Loot. Just like in the old days
    I think you mean the "Raid Leader Ninja Loots everything to himself and logs off" system, rite?

I think they added it at some point... I remember our paladins being happy about being full raid equipped because they could not roll on cloth items in dungeons anymore

No in Vanilla anyone could need anything, there were no restrictions.

Personally I don't like it as it speeds up gear acquisition, and it will have people begging for gear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    It can be exploited and will make people paranoid if they are grouping with a premade group or not who are going to help eachother.

I just want to ask you guys if this can be exploited.

It's ok. You can just run the dungeon again if it happens. That's the point of classic that you guys all love. Playing the same stuff 100x trying to get one specific drop.

Technically yes but if it happened it was very uncommon.

I think you're looking at this from a now perspective.

Remember, your reputation is going to matter, and if guilds are known for stealing loot for something like this, it will be in trade chat and your name will suffer.

There is no accountability now, and that's in contrast to a big part of the social aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    I think they added it at some point... I remember our paladins being happy about being full raid equipped because they could not roll on cloth items in dungeons anymore
    It wasn't added til a later expansion mainly because classes would often move down in armor type. I know at least Vanilla and TBC had no restrictions as my fury warrior in TBC wore leather boots at one point.

Ninja looting happened in vanilla, and it will continue in classic lol. Honestly you gotta be flexible here, the CS example ion gave is enough for me to let go of this one entirely.

Lets focus on the big stuff like sharding, and how they are going to do progressive itemization (they didnt really touch on that in the presentation, only content).