Page 1 of 3
LastLast

You guys do realize the company is called Activision-Blizzard right?

I get why people are pissed about the Diablo Mobile announcement, But honestly you can't say you are surprised by it. Blizzard and Activision are one in the same and they have been since around 2015 after Activision bought themselves (along with blizzard) out for Vivendi.

They are one in the same company, this move isn't surprising. Just look at how Overwatch is handled with Lootbox's and how Heathstone/HOTS is also handled.

Its par for the course that was going to happen. A new release of Diablo wasn't going to come out that they couldn't make money on daily.

Blizzard isn't some indie company that you think loves you. They are a business and there goal is to make $$$ above all else.

That isn't to say there isn't developers who do love you cause I'm sure there is. But the CEO and share holders pull the strings and profit comes before anything else.

Welcome to Games As A Service.

Edit: Also to add if and when Diablo 4 actually happens Activision-Blizzard will have some way to make money from it daily.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-11-04 at 11:06 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I’ve been saying this for years but I eventually stopped because I kept getting shit on.

Nintendo, Blizzard, Sega, Valve, all those big developers that started small want you to keep thinking that they are “small”. But in this day and age, saying your company is “full of gamers, guys” probably isn’t true.

We all know how difficult gaming as an adult. They say they are gamers because they still play one new game a month, maybe.

Welcome to reality. This is the reason you are a fool I’d you wear the title of “Gamer” so proudly.

You’re no a gamer, you’re a consumer. A sucker.

If you are a developer there is a new realm that is open to you that is fantastical and filled with money. A place where you don’t have to put as much effort into your games, not worry about the gaming critics or fans shitting on it, and where the money keeps on coming in MONTHS after people have forgotten about your product. Behold, the Mobile Gaming platform.

I’m sorry but you have to ask yourself, not just as a human, but as a developer... “Do I want to create art... or do I want to make money?” In this new cold world where fascism is on the rise, people are less equal, and money is hard to come by, I hardly blame them. It’s a nice dream to create these amazing works of art that you can be proud of... but you also have bills to pay, a mortgage, funding for your children’s school.

Blizzard has grown up into a big boy company now. I don’t blame them for that, but it is disheartening.

The party is over.
    Last edited by XangXu; 2018-11-04 at 11:48 AM.

I can understand people are disappointed, but the level of hostility shown because you what - don't like the sound of a mobile game - is astonishing. It' such a massive waste of energy investing so much hate and vitriol onto a game that hasn't even been released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by InsightTimer View Post
    I can understand people are disappointed, but the level of hostility shown because you what - don't like the sound of a mobile game - is astonishing. It' such a massive waste of energy investing so much hate and vitriol onto a game that hasn't even been released yet.
    Maybe after you watch your favorite franchise be made into pachinko machines you’d understand. This is essentially what Diablo fans are feeling. It’s confusing and sad. Like finding out your best friend blew his brains out recently and all you can do in between crying fits is wonder how you didn’t see it. It was so sudden. You didn’t think anything was really wrong, but you were mistaken.

Come on Brig. You know perfectly well it's mostly used as a publishing name and for the sake of the holdings company.

Blizzards main offices and devs are still based in Irvine in their own building and whatnot.

However. Doesn't excuse this shitload of fuck game that is the Diablo mobile game.

Blizzard need to get their arse back in gear because quite frankly that was the worst opening ceremony I've seen in a long time and the fact a Remaster of a game won it for me and is just sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Maybe after you watch your favorite franchise be made into pachinko machines you’d understand. This is essentially what Diablo fans are feeling. It’s confusing and sad. Like finding out your best friend blew his brains out recently and all you can do in between crying fits is wonder how you didn’t see it. It was so sudden. You didn’t think anything was really wrong, but you were mistaken.
    Yeah fuck Konami. I mean at least they re released SotN and Rondo recently but man.......

Not to mention they treated former employees like absolute shit when they were trying to find new jobs or sort out their health insurance.

The problem is not a mobile game in the Diablo World. The problem was teasing Diablo news prior to blizzcon tickets sales and using the main stage on opening day of Blizzcon to announce a mobile game to a bunch of hard core PC fans.

Blizzcon in itself is one of the last cool thing PC exclusive gamers even have or attend and they shit on it and everyone who still goes.

All they had to do was play 10 seconds of D4 title screen, say nothing and walk off stage. Then announce the mobile game and everything would have been fine.
    Last edited by Glarolas; 2018-11-04 at 01:08 PM.

Activision merged with Blizzard in 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I get why people are pissed about the Diablo Mobile announcement, But honestly you can't say you are surprised by it. Blizzard and Activision are one in the same and they have been since around 2015 after Activision bought themselves (along with blizzard) out for Vivendi.

They are one in the same company, this move isn't surprising. Just look at how Overwatch is handled with Lootbox's and how Heathstone/HOTS is also handled.

Its par for the course that was going to happen. A new release of Diablo wasn't going to come out that they couldn't make money on daily.

Blizzard isn't some indie company that you think loves you. They are a business and there goal is to make $$$ above all else.

That isn't to say there isn't developers who do love you cause I'm sure there is. But the CEO and share holders pull the strings and profit comes before anything else.

Welcome to Games As A Service.
    Everyone knows Activision Blizzard is one in the same but the problem is Blizzard has gotten more and more "Activised" over the past few years with less games that truly feel Blizzard, BFAs awful systems and rushed release as well as this Diablo announcement just reek of a Blizzard that is now dead. A Diablo game could have made money daily without being a reskinned outsourced phone game.

"DIablo: Immortal, a new spinoff PC Diablo game with mmo elements will be on PC, Mac, IoS, Android and will feature cosmetic only cash items in the show inspired by Diablo lore and other Blizzard titles!"

It's just disappointint to see that the only thing Blizz can put out that is really hyping people up are returns to old games when they were much more respected. Again though, there is much more to be upset about than just Diablo mobile itself.
    -Out of touch dev responses
    -Outsourced game
    -Seemingly reskinned game from a hated p2w company
    -Removing dislikes and negative comments off youtube
    -And yes, the fact that Diablo: Immortal is on ONLY mobile devices. I have a mobile Diablo, it's called D3, I would have been way happier even if DI was on PC.

I am not sure about your tastes but I know you are a Playstation fan correct? So lemme think of a good example.
    Imagine at the next Sony press conference they teased a new God of War game, they said it "isn't a sequel to the acclaimed 2018 game, but what a year it will be to be a God of War fan" and then when they announce it, it is a God of War phone game developed by Gameforge.
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2018-11-04 at 08:26 PM.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Come on Brig. You know perfectly well it's mostly used as a publishing name and for the sake of the holdings company.

Blizzards main offices and devs are still based in Irvine in their own building and whatnot.
    Does not matter where blizzards main offices are, They are still one in the same company. This isn't even a opinion you can google search it and see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    Activision merged with Blizzard in 2007
    Activision merged with blizzard in 2007,

Activision has owned blizzard since around 2015, Simple google searchs even show this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I am not sure about your tastes but I know you are a Playstation fan correct? So lemme think of a good example.
    Imagine at the next Sony press conference they teased a new God of War game, they said it "isn't a sequel to the acclaimed 2018 game, but what a year it will be to be a God of War fan" and then when they announce it, it is a God of War phone game developed by Gameforge.
    My level of fucks wouldn't be all that high, I'm also a diablo fan and I could care less about the mobile game. One developer makes one bad game while another makes one ill spend time on and enjoy.

Its not really worth getting mad over. Thousands of games are released each month, I rather focus on the good ones.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well it has since it's a reskin of their other games, but I digress this whole situation is a mixture of terrible pr since you'd have to be so far removed to think that was gonna go well as a mainstage announcement to a PC crowd, and the gross cover work they are doing to try and hide it. They could have simply announced it alongside something bigger much like Bethesda with fallout shelter and esl.

We don't know anything about how their company structure works.

because people see Blizzard turning into EA, and they're letting blizzard know if you want to be EA, you can have all the heat and hate that EA has.

When the Gears of War mobile game was released it was coupled with an actual game on the main platform as well.

Announcing a mobile game at a conference that is primarily PC based doesn't feel good. Ok, so blizz has Hearthstone that lends itself very well to being a mobile game, but it is also available on PC.

If they announce Immortal along with a D2 remaster, or literally anything else on PC or Immortal was playable on PC as well, it would have been better received. Granted they weren't going to announce D4 since like a week before blizzcon they basically told us they weren't going to be announcing D4, but Diablo is primarily a PC based franchise, to not have a new game playable on that platform it's understandable fans are upset. But I will agree that the way some of them are voicing their opinions i could have been better constructed.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Everyone knows Activision Blizzard is one in the same but the problem is Blizzard has gotten more and more "Activised" over the past few days with less games that truly feel Blizzard
    Past few days?

You mean past few years right?

WoW was turned into a GAAS with a sub fee on top of it. Overwatch was developed with being a GAAS in mind. Hell do we want to go back even further and remember what they tried to pull with the RMAH in Diablo 3?

Blizzard hasn't been the dev you thought they where in a very, very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Past few days?

WoW was turned into a GAAS with a sub fee on top of it. Overwatch was developed with being a GAAS in mind. Hell do we want to go back even further and remember what they tried to pull with the RMAH in Diablo 3?

Yes actually I did mean past few years, no idea why I wrote days. Thank you for pointint that out.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Past few days?

how is Overwatch a GAAS? between lootboxes or having them sell us character/map packs, ill take the cosmetic loot boxes every time.
    sorry jim sterling's minion.

how is Overwatch a GAAS? between lootboxes or having them sell us character/map packs, ill take the cosmetic loot boxes every time.
    I'm confused by this as well. OW hasn't slapped a price on anything that other companies (or D3 devs) would have done. New maps, events, characters, all free. I still haven't dropped any more than $40 on the game. Over a year later, still nothing.

As to the OP, you saying Activision made this call? It was their decision to hype up this "New Diablo" game to then let down via mobile game developed by someone else? That's quite the assumption.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

LOL, so I see you fell for the meme excuse "we do it so you get stuff for free! totally not because we see it as a form of infinite money from whales instead of finite money from hardcore players!".

Nice job, keep defending blizzard like a good ole boy. Now run along and find another thread you need to educate the masses on about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'm confused by this as well.
    Sounds like a problem you should fix then.

LOL, so I see you fell for the meme excuse "we do it so you get stuff for free! totally not because we see it as a form of infinite money from whales instead of finite money from hardcore players!".

Nice job, keep defending blizzard like a good ole boy. Now run along and find another thread you need to educate the masses on about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a problem you should fix then.
    you seem to have no problem supporting Rockstar Games, Enjoying RDR2? heard about them online mode microtransactions coming soon?

Now get to steppin', Cowboy.

you seem to have no problem supporting Rockstar Games, Enjoying RDR2? heard about them online mode microtransactions coming soon?

Now get to steppin', Cowboy.
    How many MTs are in the SP mode? You know, the only mode I care about in the game?

Overwatch is an online only B2P game with a mobile cash shop tacked on. It doesn't have a 60+ hour SP story worth telling without any of that involved. In fact if Blizzard tried to make a game like it in the first place they would fail massively because they don't have the talent, writers or engine to pull it off.

Overwatch is a GAAS, was made as one intentionally. You tried to disprove that and failed massively in doing so. I'm sorry it triggered you so much to know the truth...