Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Surely the better solution to avoid stressing GMs is just to say "Don't be retarded and make mistakes dishing out loot" to anyone and everyone who makes that sort of mistake.

It took precisely 1 mis-awarded epic in TBC to stop me making that mistake ever again.

Edit: Nvm read through the thread and it's just the most retarded shit.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2018-11-04 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeremity View Post
    For those of you that are scared that premades will abuse this system; Here is a fix:

After you get a loot by need / greed, you can ONLY trade it to the person next on the loot list. As in, if there are 4 persons rolling, where you get 90, some random get 80, your friend gets 50 and the last person gets 30. If you want to trade it away, you can only trade it to the person that got 80. If the random guy doesnt need it, he can only trade it to the next guy on the list, which would be your friend.

This way, people cant abuse the system, atleast not in the same way.
    You are actually smart. That seems good.

Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    It's ok. You can just run the dungeon again if it happens. That's the point of classic that you guys all love. Playing the same stuff 100x trying to get one specific drop.
    I guess the better alternative is to get what you want in a few runs and burn out from boredom as there's nothing else to do, you know, the point of convenience in retail that you guys all love.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Could have done it without it anyway. Player who doesnt need it just writes a ticket and now his friend got the item. So thats no point.
    Or in situations like this the GM just checks the roll logs and gives the item to the second highest roller. Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Teippi View Post
    Or in situations like this the GM just checks the roll logs and gives the item to the second highest roller. Problem solved
    i dont think that is the problem here, i think the problem will be that you can be 4man premade, lets say this sick 2handed axe drops and 1/4 needs and the pug(5th person) and sure the other 4could use it as an offspec so they all need & trade it, the guy waits till dungeon is over(if he wants to) and equips said item. now its 1/5 chance the pug gets it vs the premade.

Knowing todays behaviour this will happen 100% of the times its possible. (now im not saying this wont happen with gm tickets, but the hassle will remove 90% of this atleast)

As a solo player that won't be playing with any friends and most likely not a guild either(dungeons), this will probably end up as something bad for me.
    I've had more than enough bad experiences with friends in my groups needing on items so they can trade with each other, making it even harder to get the item you want.
    I mean I even see these popular Vanilla streamers/youtubers needing on items that would be so much better for the casters in the party(caster ring with int just because you get some more stamina) when they're playing a non-caster, so I suspect this will be one of the things that will irritate me a lot in Classic :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeremity View Post
    For those of you that are scared that premades will abuse this system; Here is a fix:

After you get a loot by need / greed, you can ONLY trade it to the person next on the loot list. As in, if there are 4 persons rolling, where you get 90, some random get 80, your friend gets 50 and the last person gets 30. If you want to trade it away, you can only trade it to the person that got 80. If the random guy doesnt need it, he can only trade it to the next guy on the list, which would be your friend.

This way, people cant abuse the system, atleast not in the same way.
    It'll still be abused. If they can't trade their friend they'll just vendor or disenchant it. As long as there's a small chance their friend or guildy can get it, they'll go for it. They are assholes after all.

As I'll be playing a healer, I guess I could try setting up "fair" dungeon runs where I'm the master looter and items will only be rolled for between the classes that actually will benefit from it fully, but I'm not sure how many players would want to join such a run as it sounds like something only a ninja looter would set up :P

Deleted
    I mean, Vanilla itemization is crazy, and especially while leveling you can get items that you would normally never consider wearing but end up being an upgrade for you, like i remember tanking with a green agility dagger on my warrior in RFD because i couldn't get a better onehander. If another better dagger dropped in there i would've probably needed on it

Deleted
    "Do you need that?"

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    It's fine by me, you guys already thinking about the worst case scenarios xD just think of the positives ok? Better quality of life is always a plus
    Better QOL always a plus? Well if that were true they wouldn't be making Wow Classic.

Yes it will be exploited and shouldnt be in the game. Ninja looting is a part of classic and unavoidable but it shouldn't be incentivized by the game.
    We humans have to stick together

7+ Year Old Account
    I think we can all see the future here. 4 players together, running Scholo for Cadav. Invite a pug, a rogue/hunter/warrior. Cadaverous Armor drops. All 4 players together will roll need, win the Cadav and trade to their friend. Pug is SOL.

But I suppose the fear of this happening will promote more players to run their own full party. Which would be good for community building in a strange way.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    "Do you need that?"
    "You think you do, but you don't."

If it's in raid environments only then it's not as bad. Dungeon groups can be exploited too easily and in a game like Classic where loot is scarce I'm pretty sure this will be a thing.

I think they'll end up removing it since most of the content creators are against it. It's just going to get exploited badly.

The only situation where it's useful is raiding and then that's all done by ML anyway, so the chances of mistakes are very small.

It's going to create more problems than it solves imo

Make it apply to raid instances only, aka MC/Ony/BWL/ZG/AQ20/40/Naxx otherwise it's going to ruin the game.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    As I'll be playing a healer, I guess I could try setting up "fair" dungeon runs where I'm the master looter and items will only be rolled for between the classes that actually will benefit from it fully, but I'm not sure how many players would want to join such a run as it sounds like something only a ninja looter would set up :P
    Reputation on a server will actually matter which is one of the positives in Classic. I'd say it's something I was thinking of doing too and you know you're putting your reputation on the line, but obviously if you're fair then there will be no issues.

On the flip side, if you end up ninja looting everything then I'm sure that's the last time randoms would run with you and then you have 4 other peeps /2 ing about what your character did, thus ruining that character's reputation.

It kind of works out imo, but yeah being able to roll need on everything and even being able to open a ticket to get it traded is nuts.

IMO if you fuck up clicking that button you fuck up lol.

Also wouldn't it obvious someone is ninja'ing is say a Mage rolls on Leather/Mail/Plate or 2h mace or something? I feel like some people will look obviously troll-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Not in the beginning, you could roll need on anything that dropped (hence the meme HUNTER ITEM). But I don't know when it was changed.

On topic: I think it's OK. You could always put in a ticket to give it to the right person so even if you were #5 to a 4 player premade they could trade loot between themselves, it just took longer and clogged the ticket system.
    Super early in classic there was not even a need and greed system , it was just roll!

I am in 2 minds about the tradeable loot system.

I dont mind it, and it makes admin much simpler. But people will exploit it, WTS UBRS , all loot goes to you .... etc

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can understand it exist in a couple situations:

-Accidently clicking need on an item
    -Loot being on FFA (sometimes was done to prevent master loot bugs), or chests like Majordomo
    -Master loot misclick

Other then that, it all boils down to human errors really, it's not Vanilla but loot mistakes do happen.

I don't support changes really, but I dunno how overburdened GM's are these days.

Days of waiting in the case of a real honest human mistake would be bad.

Then again, the non-tradeability of loot did make people more careful and care about loot drops, at least most of the time.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-11-05 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    Super early in classic there was not even a need and greed system , it was just roll!

I am in 2 minds about the tradeable loot system.

I dont mind it, and it makes admin much simpler. But people will exploit it, WTS UBRS , all loot goes to you .... etc
    It's not going to make a difference.... People have always done pugs with a reserved item list. At least mistakes can be remedied now. You may get some arsehole trying to sell an item to you after they needed it and you will still get ninjas... But if they have a blizzlike pop cap people won't want to ruin their reputation, neither will guilds.

In raids this won't be an issue at all as they will use master looter anyway... You're taking a risk if you go to any raid above UBRS with group loot on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    It's ok. You can just run the dungeon again if it happens. That's the point of classic that you guys all love. Playing the same stuff 100x trying to get one specific drop.
    Unlike retail where you have to run it 10000 for the perfect tf roll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Make it apply to raid instances only, aka MC/Ony/BWL/ZG/AQ20/40/Naxx otherwise it's going to ruin the game.
    I think this is the best option, to only make it a thing for raids or guilds only.
    If you include it in regular dungeon running, you'll have people rolling need for their friends, pretty much making ninjalooting even easier.