Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    PC/Anti-PC culture isn't what tanked that movie. It was badly paced, disjointed, crammed, and overly rushed. They tried to do way to much in a single film. Had nothing to do with Duncan Jones' thoughts on Tolkien and gender race relations. It was a badly done movie, simple as that.

And honestly Jones had no business directing that film. He had zero experience with anything even remotely near that scale of a film and it showed. There is a reason he hasn't been asked to do anything of that scope or scale since. His heart might have been in the right place but the film reeked of inexperience of making a grand scale Hollywood film.

Bad choice from the production company.

It's a very poor script, Spielberg, Coppola and Kubrick fused together couldn't have saved it with that script.

That was a really dumb comment if that interview is legit btw..

I sure wish I could profit 297 million dollars and call it a failure... I'll take that kind of failure any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Would have and was are very different.
    Both are accurate.
    "He was a young, white man in the trenches of World War I" is accurate.
    When speaking of that time period in referral to his presence at the time, "He would have been a young, white man in the trenches of World War I" is also correct.

The point is, he wasn't "an old white man in the trenches of World War I" because he wasn't old during World War I.

An introduction narration at the start like LOTR would have helped a lot. Such a simple thing to pass up on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    It's a very poor script, Spielberg, Coppola and Kubrick fused together couldn't have saved it with that script.

That was a really dumb comment if that interview is legit btw..
    I'm sorry, I can't post the link because I can't post links yet.

But just copy and paste a bit from the interview in google search and you should fine it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I was under the impression the movie only failed in the US.

Why did it fail? I think it was because the humans and the CG didn't gel together well. They should've done the whole thing on CG.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude... what does LGBT even have to do with this? You got an agenda there and it isn't pretty. Otherwise i could've agreed.
    They keep adding transgenders and pansexual characters in movies like starwars. Sick of it.

I think the main reason it failed, is that it came out 5-7 years too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It costs money to distribute it.
    Wouldn't be too bad if they went with digital distributions only (honestly surprised blu-ray and dvd are STILL so big)

It failed because they told a very specific piece in the story that newcomers to the universe can't understand, while presenting it in a way in which it didn't happen canonically, alienating fans too.

Had they made a movie about Arthas or the Burning Legion itself, it would've done a lot better in my opinion. Everyone can understand who a prince is meant to represent, everyone can understand a grain plague ripping through a kingdom and everyone can understand the concepts of undeath, holy knights, retribution and so on.

I'd personally show scenes of KJ making Ner'zhul's armor and trapping his soul inside it, hurling the iceblock made in the TN onto Azeroth. Fast-forward to Arthas discovering the plague and heading to Northrend to kill Mal'ganis, picking up Frostmourne and ending the movie with Arthas killing the king and the bells ringing as the ending scene. People would ask who the demon forging the armor was and who the soul trapped inside the ice was too, but the plot would be more than easy to understand it wouldn't overwhelm the audience, while also staying true to the canon.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-11-05 at 10:38 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    They keep adding transgenders and pansexual characters in movies like starwars. Sick of it.
    Come on, Star Wars was boring shit long before they started to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    His reason for why it will succeed as a movie, is actually why it failed. Tolkien's... conservative story of the good guys versus the bad guys and making you feel like magic and tradition is a thing taken seriously made for a better movie. Warcraft where the Humans are the good guys, but so are the Orcs and Magic is whatever you want it to be for when the plot calls for... just made the movie less traditional and more of a mess.
    I think knowing a lot about mythology, anthropology, linguistics, history and the reality of war helps in the creation of a believable fantasy world. Yes, he did construct his world with a clear divide between good and evil, but Saruman, Sauron and Melkor were pretty much fallen angels and not demons. To pick two lazy midgets as your main characters and develop them to be more inspiring then Aragorn/Arthus or Gandalf/Merlin, instead of going the easy way and make them the comic relief like Blizzard does with Gnomes, is also quite a feat.
    Tolkien did draw from a lot of sources but he created something new and unique, that has laid the foundation for a whole genre. Without that work Warcraft wouldn't exist. At it's heart it isn't a conservative story, especially when you pay attention to the ending.
    Last edited by George Lucas; 2018-11-05 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Come on, Star Wars was boring shit long before they started to do this.
    still better than boring homosexual shit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It failed because they told a very specific piece in the story that newcomers to the universe can't understand, while presenting it in a way in which it didn't happen canonically, alienating fans too.

Had they made a movie about Arthas or the Burning Legion itself, it would've done a lot better in my opinion. Everyone can understand who a prince is meant to represent, everyone can understand a grain plague ripping through a kingdom and everyone can understand the concepts of undeath, holy knights, retribution and so on.

I'd personally show scenes of KJ making Ner'zhul's armor and trapping his soul inside it, hurling the iceblock made in the TN onto Azeroth. Fast-forward to Arthas discovering the plague and heading to Northrend to kill Mal'ganis, picking up Frostmourne and ending the movie with Arthas killing the king and the bells ringing as the ending scene.
    agree completely
    they have so much material to work with and they went with that crap,
    its been played over and over on Sky here in the UK. And when available is still one of the more
    popular on Demand films

Deleted
    That in itself is not a problem. What is the problem is to purposidly change character sexes. For example, female thor, female ghostbusters, female oceans. These are the same stories with the sexes forcibly changed instead of making an original story with new characters.
    I mean, can you imagine Wonder man (wonder woman with a guy?)? Those things are just not right.

It was a movie based on a video game. It was doomed because of that premise alone.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    That in itself is not a problem. What is the problem is to purposidly change character sexes. For example, female thor, female ghostbusters, female oceans. These are the same stories with the sexes forcibly changed instead of making an original story with new characters.
    I mean, can you imagine Wonder man (wonder woman with a guy?)? Those things are just not right.
    ironically there was a pilot called wonder man and it failed totally..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    It was a movie based on a video game. It was doomed because of that premise alone.
    There's quite a few good movies out there based on video games, though you'll never find a "critically acclaimed" one because if you're not mainstream garbage critics don't care.

So what you're saying is on a planet with the population of earth where we have these people it is impossible to fathom that in a Galaxy of races they would exist and this is what ruined that badly written movie? You might just want to realize it was a shit show of a plot and it wasn't the characters it was the very bad plot. But hey, blame it on the gays if it makes ya feel better.

It wasn't a chase scene that makes zero sense and lasts SOOOOOOOOOO much longer than it should. Only to be finished by something that could have been done with the very first ship that started to fall behind? Or that the newest villain is on screen 10 minutes and dies to a "clever ruse" or that we now just transpose ourselves using the force from light years away to fight battles? Or that Luke just all of the sudden decides to off his nephew based on a single vision instead of trying to fix him, despite fixing his father who was at one time the most evil dude in existence.

Nah, it was those characters that have a different sexual orientation than you that ruined that film. Your opinions are really well thought out and accurate. That PC culture just screwing up all that great script writing I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    So what you're saying is on a planet with the population of earth where we have these people it is impossible to fathom that in a Galaxy of races they would exist and this is what ruined that badly written movie? You might just want to realize it was a shit show of a plot and it wasn't the characters it was the very bad plot. But hey, blame it on the gays if it makes ya feel better.

It wasn't a chase scene that makes zero sense and lasts SOOOOOOOOOO much longer than it should. Only to be finished by something that could have been done with the very first ship that started to fall behind? Or that the newest villain is on screen 10 minutes and dies to a "clever ruse" or that we now just transpose ourselves using the force from light years away to fight battles? Or that Luke just all of the sudden decides to off his nephew based on a single vision instead of trying to fix him, despite fixing his father who was at one time the most evil dude in existence.

Nah, it was those characters that have a different sexual orientation than you that ruined that film. Your opinions are really well thought out and accurate. That PC culture just screwing up all that great script writing I tell ya.
    Damn, where's the upvote for that wreckage. People will blame PC culture for anything nowadays though, it's kind of sad. Yes, you can ruin things by injecting sexuality and race, and whatever, into something artificially, but most of the time that's not what's causing issues.

Deleted
    Movie failed in US. People don't have their own opinions anymore they just listen what some dumb critics have to say with their theories pulled from their a$$es (like how movie is racist because orc have darker skin than humans). A lot of people skipped the movie because before premiere it already received a lot of hate. It wasn't a good movie but it was fun. Way too short imo. I hated how Garona looked like, just a green human with bad teeth. Also too many characters without any development. I think they should have just started from Warcraft 3. People who don't know about Warcraft lore would actually like and understand it.