Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Are the innocents (NE children, civilians who burned alive while crazy psycho yelled "BURN IT!") in your thought process casualties of war or just an (un)necessary sacrifice ? Jeez every thread or post about trying to wash away Sylvanas from all the evil shit she's been pulling off since the end of Legion keeps getting higher. Blizzard admitted she's done evil things since the beginning of the expansion. Suck it up.

This is Fox News all over again. Nice bait though

7+ Year Old Account
    "I bet that if I burn their home with innocents inside, they will lose hope instead of making the whole Alliance come at me"

-Sylvanas
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus1177 View Post
    If you honestly think that she had a superior motive when burning the Tree other than being hurr durr evil, then you are simply deluded.
    Omg I can't believe people like you exist. Blizzard said it maaaany times that Sylvanas will be an important character and that BfA story is made to trick you. How can you fall into it? It is like watching movies where the hero gets imprisoned at the beginning and then you think it is the end of the movie. Logic 101 man, use it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Here's the problem with your argument: Yes, she had a reason (unlike what some others are saying) aside from just "being evil", but there is a chasm of difference between "good strategic move for our war campaign" and some altruistic "I am doing this to save life on this planet" motive. If her reasoning was really "We need to stop the Nightmare from taking hold", she would have sent word to Malfurion and worked with him, because it benefited EVERYONE to do so. Regardless of whether they were speaking/fighting, this is something that would have trumped their squabbles. Additionally, Malfurion would have advocated for taking the route of purifying the tree of the seed of the Nightmare rather than simply burning it to the ground.

Sylvanas has ALWAYS been out for herself. There is nothing altruistic about her motives. The only reason she burned the tree and killed most of who was living there was to destroy the Night Elves and their unity/society/culture/morale. There is nothing "good" about that. Any trying to attribute some altruistic motive is stretching and trying to justify her actions as anything less than they were.
    Do you think Malfurion will listen? There has been a rift about two to threefolds.
    As a highborne vs. Darnassian
    As an undead/forsaken vs. Rest of Azeroth
    As a Horde warchief appearing to want to end everything on Azeroth.

She has to find a way to convince somebody within the Alliance and use whomever that influential person is as mouthpiece and as a believable speaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I feel like conversations would go much more smoothly if people posted what they really wanted to say instead of fanfic-ish theories to justify their fandoms.

For example, this post could have just been "I love Sylvanas, so I've dreamed up some head canon to let me keep loving her."
    Unfortunately, I'm no Sylvanas die hard fan nor any of a specific major NPC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furadds View Post
    Are the innocents (NE children, civilians who burned alive while crazy psycho yelled "BURN IT!") in your thought process casualties of war or just an (un)necessary sacrifice ? Jeez every thread or post about trying to wash away Sylvanas from all the evil shit she's been pulling off since the end of Legion keeps getting higher. Blizzard admitted she's done evil things since the beginning of the expansion. Suck it up.

This is Fox News all over again. Nice bait though
    Yes it might be evil but there's a thing in this world called "white lies".

- - - Updated - - -

Malfurion definitely knows he is a target and he deeply knows that as a prime Archdruid he is not eternal,immortal and omnipotent. Isn't it obvious with Garrosh? Even Staghelm his student and fellow Archdruid. Or even the most reverent Bishop inside the Church of Holy light can hide the darkness inside him with excellence.

I guess it's still quite unobvious to most that a fellow titan can cause another titan to die. And by the time in Antorus, mortals with empowered weapons can defeat those "most powerful of all" as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Even though Blizzard stated a hundred times that Sylvannas will not share the same faith as Garrosh, and that she will become a character of great importance, and that BfA story line is made with twist to fool you, you still find a way to believe she is evil. Thinking is not your best friend man. But I don't blame you, it is probably your dad's fault for not playing peekaboo with you when you were kid. Now you struggle to understand that a face you have been told about is obviously hiding behind their hands.
    Are you f**king kidding me. SHE BURNED DOWN TELDRASSIL AND SLAUGHTERED HUNDREDS OF INNOCENT CIVILIANS ON A WHIM. What is wrong with you people and your blind fanaticism with a complete monster of a character in justifying them? Where you born without a way of developing morality?

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    OP, I don't know if you realize this or not, but...

You're wrong.
    They're one of, if not the single most nonsensical poster on this site and adamantly defends their stance regardless of how illogical and directly counter to the story it is.
    Last edited by An-Tuirseach; 2018-11-06 at 03:07 PM.

OP, the reason Teldrassil burning was a big problem was because of the innocent civilians she burnt alive inside of it. She's guilty of killing thousands, if not more, of innocent civilians.

What is this nonsense. When has Sylvanas ever been shown to care about the Nightmare? What in A Good War or in-game even starts to imply her plan A is to burn the tree? Similarly, what even starts to imply that she knows the tree is corrupted and wishes to put a stop to it?

This is a silly theory meant to make Sylvanas look much better than she was. She burned the tree because she saw her strategy fail, partly by her own fault, and thought to escalate the conflict that way, killing thousands in the process. Nothing in the story indicates there was a higher purpose. This is pure headcanon.

Also, if Sylvanas was so worried about Old God corruption, why the hell is she using Knaifu in 8.2?

Deleted
    Omg I can't believe people like you exist. Blizzard said it maaaany times that Sylvanas will be an important character and that BfA story is made to trick you. How can you fall into it? It is like watching movies where the hero gets imprisoned at the beginning and then you think it is the end of the movie. Logic 101 man, use it.
    Just like they said in the end of mists that we would not expect the outcome of Siege of Orgrimmar and it was exactly what everyone expected?

Not to burst your bubble, but Blizzard isn't known for their amazing plot twists. But yeah, keep holding onto that thought that your beloved Sylvanas is not as evil as she appears to be. She hasn't been evil before after all...

... oh, wait..

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Are you f**king kidding me. SHE BURNED DOWN TELDRASSIL AND SLAUGHTERED HUNDREDS OF INNOCENT CIVILIANS ON A WHIM. What is wrong with you people and your blind fanaticism with a complete monster of a character in justifying them? Where you born without a way of developing morality?
    Let's say that I simply watched more than 1 movie in my life and that I read books. There are a lot of writers who start their story by trying to mislead us into thinking something. I fell in it the first time i read books when i was 15. I have always wondered why they keep using this style, I thought it would be obvious for everyone who already watched/read such movies/books that it is a twist. But it looks like there are still people who fall into these narratives. I wish I was naive like you so I could enjoy their art. But I'm not 15 anymore and I'm too smart for that. Enjoy the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus1177 View Post
    Just like they said in the end of mists that we would not expect the outcome of Siege of Orgrimmar and it was exactly what everyone expected?

Not to burst your bubble, but Blizzard isn't known for their amazing plot twists. But yeah, keep holding onto that thought that your beloved Sylvanas is not as evil as she appears to be. She hasn't been evil before after all...

... oh, wait..
    They never said it wouldnt happen for Garrosh. I dont care about Garrosh or Sylvanas or anyone. I just have a brain and I understand that when the author says that X thing won't happen then it won't fuckin happen. Logic 101 again.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Malfurion Stormrage yells: What horror is this? A tumor of Nightmare infecting a world tree, here in the reflection of the Titans' own playground?
    Malfurion Stormrage yells: If this seed takes hold, the roots of its infestation will wind their way into the heart of Azeroth. The Nightmare would devour our world, claiming everything... everyone. This must not come to pass!

Almost all of the world trees have been dealt with except Hyjal iinm and... Teldrassil.

So Sylvanas was ahead of the curve and several miles away from the rest of the community. If ever there comes a time that Teldrassil will be corrupted by the Nightmare and take note, it never is not invulnerable nor we can conclude we have indeed stopped the true source of Nightmare since N'Zoth is still alive and about to be unleashed upon us with his very own prison break.

Even Andrassil or now Vordrassil which is now a tree stump housing Grizzly Hill Furlborgs manifested a corrupted version of it thereby infesting the Bear Wild God Ursoc.

Could the entity which will be corrupted in that World Tree be no other than Malfurion Himself?!

To wrap things up here's Varimathras line prior to pre-BfA event:
    "When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.
    It matters not. You are blind to the true darkness closing in around you."

Red with Betrayal: Delaryn Summermoon and Sira Moonwarden
    Holy place burn: Teldrassil, Temple of Elune
    Shattered mask hangs above your hearth: Darkshore
    Yeah, except that we cleansed and defeated the Nightmare in Legion... The previous tree's failed for a number of reasons, a primary one was always corruption. The Grizzly Hills tree failed because of it's proximity to the Ulduar prison and it's corruption, and the fact that the Nightmare was still rampant at that time.

THere is literally nothing that even remotely implies that these are Sylvanas ulterior motives. Nothing she has done, nothing she has said as even given a smidgeon of implication that this is her plan or part of it.
    What we DO have however, is that she wants war because she hates the living. That's been almost literally smeared in our faces.

Stop making these things up. It stinks to high heaven of desperation. It's a fictional character, stop white knighting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's say that I simply watched more than 1 movie in my life and that I read books. There are a lot of writers who start their story by trying to mislead us into thinking something. I fell in it the first time i read books when i was 15. I have always wondered why they keep using this style, I thought it would be obvious for everyone who already watched/read such movies/books that it is a twist. But it looks like there are still people who fall into these narratives. I wish I was naive like you so I could enjoy their art. But I'm not 15 anymore and I'm too smart for that. Enjoy the show.

- - - Updated - - -

They never said it wouldnt happen for Garrosh. I dont care about Garrosh or Sylvanas or anyone. I just have a brain and I understand that when the author says that X thing won't happen then it won't fuckin happen. Logic 101 again.
    Did you seriously just do the "Well I've read books so I'm smarter than you"?

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the problem with your argument: Yes, she had a reason (unlike what some others are saying) aside from just "being evil", but there is a chasm of difference between "good strategic move for our war campaign" and some altruistic "I am doing this to save life on this planet" motive. If her reasoning was really "We need to stop the Nightmare from taking hold", she would have sent word to Malfurion and worked with him, because it benefited EVERYONE to do so. Regardless of whether they were speaking/fighting, this is something that would have trumped their squabbles. Additionally, Malfurion would have advocated for taking the route of purifying the tree of the seed of the Nightmare rather than simply burning it to the ground.

Sylvanas has ALWAYS been out for herself. There is nothing altruistic about her motives. The only reason she burned the tree and killed most of who was living there was to destroy the Night Elves and their unity/society/culture/morale. There is nothing "good" about that. Any trying to attribute some altruistic motive is stretching and trying to justify her actions as anything less than they were.
    Nah nah, stop being reasonable and logical. That won't work here. Don't make sense!

Do you think Malfurion will listen? There has been a rift about two to threefolds.
    As a highborne vs. Darnassian
    As an undead/forsaken vs. Rest of Azeroth
    As a Horde warchief appearing to want to end everything on Azeroth.

She has to find a way to convince somebody within the Alliance and use whomever that influential person is as mouthpiece and as a believable speaker.
    And yet, you are implying that she is justified in "convincing somebody within the Alliance" by way of unilaterally burning down Teldrassil? If she has to find a way to convince someone, destroying a racial capital city after declaring to her advisors that she desires war with the Alliance is not doing that. That isn't convincing anyone of anything except that she is ruthless, potentially sadistic, and concerned only with her own desires.

She is literally walking through her plans to destroy the Alliance. She is walking through her plans to destroy life and bring it into her realm of undeath. The fact is, Sylvanas is trying to become a dictator and ruler of all of Azeroth. Her goals are simple: Destroy the Alliance using the Horde by way of war, raise the Alliance as her Undead army, and then turn on the Horde, raising whoever falls to her side, growing her army while depleting the Horde. She doesn't care about the Horde. She cares about herself and ruling Azeroth. Burning Teldrassil is a means to an end for her. THIS is the motivation of Sylvanas. And until/unless she wakes up from being swayed by whatever Old God seems to be infecting her mind, she will continue to be a pawn of the Old Gods and, by extension, Void Lords.

The only hope the Horde has is to get her out of power before she does irreparable harm to the Horde. Then try to cure her so she can attempt to act for the Horde.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bet you have done Emerald Nightmare several times and you are pretty familiar with Malfurion's quote on Il'gynoth.

In real life we might see someone else's perspective of being a b!tch but it might be only skin deep.
    I don't recall exactly his quote, or which you may be referring to, can you specify?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If it was her plan all along then why didn't she tell anyone or needed to kill hundreds of innocents?
    Malfurion isn't dumb even if it seemed like it a lot of times. Meet with him, tell him whats up and throw around some druid words like shando and cenarius and he would have burned the three himself.
    Then there is anduin who wants nothing but peace he would be the first one to believe sylvanas.

I expect something like Sylvanas unknowingly saving the world to redeem her or at least save her life, but that she does this to prevent some old god stuff isn't the case.

You guys expect way too much from the writers again... this will be a "who and why burned Teldrassil 2.0" again.... all those wasted internet bytes on all those theories, then Blizzard came and it was the most obvious person and most retard reason ever. Because the writers are shit

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    And yet, you are implying that she is justified in "convincing somebody within the Alliance" by way of unilaterally burning down Teldrassil? If she has to find a way to convince someone, destroying a racial capital city after declaring to her advisors that she desires war with the Alliance is not doing that. That isn't convincing anyone of anything except that she is ruthless, potentially sadistic, and concerned only with her own desires.

She is literally walking through her plans to destroy the Alliance. She is walking through her plans to destroy life and bring it into her realm of undeath. The fact is, Sylvanas is trying to become a dictator and ruler of all of Azeroth. Her goals are simple: Destroy the Alliance using the Horde by way of war, raise the Alliance as her Undead army, and then turn on the Horde, raising whoever falls to her side, growing her army while depleting the Horde. She doesn't care about the Horde. She cares about herself and ruling Azeroth. Burning Teldrassil is a means to an end for her. THIS is the motivation of Sylvanas. And until/unless she wakes up from being swayed by whatever Old God seems to be infecting her mind, she will continue to be a pawn of the Old Gods and, by extension, Void Lords.

The only hope the Horde has is to get her out of power before she does irreparable harm to the Horde. Then try to cure her so she can attempt to act for the Horde.
    It is her own way of diverting the attention of the Alliance. Break them apart. When everybody is busy minding their own business they became focused on whatever goal they have. it leaves opening. It's as open as Anduin giving Saurfang keys and let him escape.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't recall exactly his quote, or which you may be referring to, can you specify?
    One on my OP. I think it was the intro if not when you face Il'gynoth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    If it was her plan all along then why didn't she tell anyone or needed to kill hundreds of innocents?
    Malfurion isn't dumb even if it seemed like it a lot of times. Meet with him, tell him whats up and throw around some druid words like shando and cenarius and he would have burned the three himself.
    Then there is anduin who wants nothing but peace he would be the first one to believe sylvanas.

I expect something like Sylvanas unknowingly saving the world to redeem her or at least save her life, but that she does this to prevent some old god stuff isn't the case.
    She has sent Saurfang as his double agent. It's not that obvious yet as of the moment but they are using codes which pretty much Saurfang and Sylvanas are the only ones have knowledge of.

Think of it, Saurfang was sent to lead the war but by the time they reach Darkshore he sent Saurfang to move from behind and not the other way around.

Sylvanas was the bait. If Sylvanas would land the last hit , Saurfang has no way of being held captive. For sure the Alliance would treat her indifferently as compared to how Anduin treats Saurfang in a non hostile manner.

Horde marching to Silithus was a diversion.
    Sylvanas facing Malfurion face to face was a diversion.
    - The fight scene was portrayed as equal match

Saurfang slightly wounding Malfurion was a diversion.
    Burning Teldrassil was a diversion.

Everybody's busy while somebody is doing a terrific job working from the inside.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-11-06 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted

Where is the source that Sylvanas will turn on the Horde with an undead Alliance army at her disposal? Or that she wants to exterminate all life on Azeroth? I only remember her wanting to secure the future of the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    But we know that her burning Teldrassil wasn't the plan, killing Malfurion was. She burned it because she wanted to strike a massive blow against the Night Elves, so how could she be "ahead of the curve" of everyone else when she burned it on a whim? Watching how increasingly ridiculous sylvanas fans have to get to justify her actions the further into BFA we get is amazing.
    Bro what? did you miss the cinematic where she said "burn it " this is thread is dumb on so many levels stop grasping at straws and pay attention to the story. She literally said "burn it" after torchering a nightelf

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Where is the source that Sylvanas will turn on the Horde with an undead Alliance army at her disposal? Or that she wants to exterminate all life on Azeroth? I only remember her wanting to secure the future of the Forsaken.
    From the haters. So far she mentioned she has no plan on leaving her allies behind i.e. Talanji.

From the haters. So far she mentioned she has no plan on leaving her allies behind i.e. Talanji.
    I didn’t realize it until just now, but that line becomes kind of sinister if you think about it in the “raising your dead allies” context...