Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Might as well just kill Sylvanas now and spare us this predictable ending to this crappy xpac

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I guess ya it's not a good thing but if it works then Jaina would be dead. I say that's worth it.
    It's really not because it fractures the horde because no one trusts sylv if she does this shady stuff without any remorse or sympathy for doing to others what Arthas did to her
    Twas brillig

Jaina, Tandred, and Katherine accept him anyway, turn him into a double(triple?) agent, yadda yadda. Alternatively he kills Katherine, screams "what have I done?!" and then comes to his senses and Jaina and Tandred accept him anyway. Let's just hurry up and kill Sylvanas so we can move on to, hopefully, more interesting stories.

15+ Year Old Account
    It'll only be as predictable as Sylvanas dying, being reborn into a slightly different living elf body (made up from her not transformed sister) and the Horde/Alliance becoming a single, unified Horlliance (Allorde?), while Reborn Sylvanas goes to make weird whoopie babies with Bolvar.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    mfw I have to remind a guy with an orc avatar about Strength and Honor.
    A common orcish greeting vs a saying that drives the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    A common orcish greeting vs a saying that drives the horde.
    You say that as if honor hasn't always been a big part of this Horde.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    You say that as if honor hasn't always been a big part of this Horde.
    Sylvanas's horde? No.

Man, this plan has to work. It's like the only thing from the War Campaign that has a chance of being meaningful. If this is just a plot point for Jaina's character, i'm going to be frustrated.

Also, Garona's reaction is kinda... interesting. They're pretty much doing to Derek what happened to her with Llane, yet no comment? Strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Sylvanas's horde? No.
    This Horde was founded by Thrall, Sylvanas just inherited it. By your own logic lok'tar ogar means nothing to this Horde too, since it wasn't made by "Sylvanas's Horde".

You can't have it both ways, important things from the Horde's past either matter or they don't, if lok'tar ogar matters, honor matters.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-11-07 at 04:27 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The one thing that upsets me the most is Garona's writing. Like wtf... She was brainwashed and forced to kill against her will, kill her own friends. And now she's like "Oh, in times of war y'a know" I can't.

EDIT: reading it again I guess she does leave it open ended. But still

I'm pretty sure Garona and Lillian are both working on behalf of the Uncrowned still. Blizzard makes some...interesting decisions sometimes, but everything about those two characters in particular go against Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    The one thing that upsets me the most is Garona's writing. Like wtf... She was brainwashed and forced to kill against her will, kill her own friends. And now she's like "Oh, in times of war y'a know" I can't.
    Yeah. that one is some major BS... She would not say that, she wouldn't even be participating in this war if they stuck to her character.

Lilian should be pissed off about it too, in life she was a member of the Scarlet Crusade, she was brainwashed by them, she absolutely shouldn't be ok with doing the same thing to Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    I'm pretty sure Garona and Lillian are both working on behalf of the Uncrowned still. Blizzard makes some...interesting decisions sometimes, but everything about those two characters in particular go against Sylvanas.
    I really hope so, because neither of them should be ok with any of this...
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-11-07 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koraggar View Post
    Man, this plan has to work. It's like the only thing from the War Campaign that has a chance of being meaningful. If this is just a plot point for Jaina's character, i'm going to be frustrated.

Also, Garona's reaction is kinda... interesting. They're pretty much doing to Derek what happened to her with Llane, yet no comment? Strange.
    Garona has perfected the art of doublespeak. She says bad shit happens in war, so Sylvanas goons think she's on their side. She implies there should be limits, hinting that she's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Considering that Sylvanas resorts to Xal'ataths old knife in 8.2, I'm going to guess that this gambit doesn't work out.

If it does, it's just for parity and only Katherine will die (because Rastakhan did)
    But dose that mean Gallywix will get stuck in an incinerator and be suspended in fire until mecha goblins can wake him from the flame?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Jaina, Tandred, and Katherine accept him anyway, turn him into a double(triple?) agent, yadda yadda. Alternatively he kills Katherine, screams "what have I done?!" and then comes to his senses and Jaina and Tandred accept him anyway. Let's just hurry up and kill Sylvanas so we can move on to, hopefully, more interesting stories.
    Derek is Ocelot confirmed

I can't wait to see Sylvanas killed off and replaced by someone else. People keep comparing her to Garrosh but at least Garrosh in Cata had honor and wasn't being shady about everything. At least I can forgive Garrosh going powermad, he went from no experience leading, into leading the whole horde.

Quote Originally Posted by samus View Post
    I can't wait to see Sylvanas killed off and replaced by someone else. People keep comparing her to Garrosh but at least Garrosh in Cata had honor and wasn't being shady about everything. At least I can forgive Garrosh going powermad, he went from no experience leading, into leading the whole horde.
    Fun fact. Lilian's dialogue makes it clear that Sylvanas has repeatedly talked about "Arrows in her quiver". She still treats her people as disposable tools. It turns out that never changed.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Fun fact. Lilian's dialogue makes it clear that Sylvanas has repeatedly talked about "Arrows in her quiver". She still treats her people as disposable tools. It turns out that never changed.
    Yep! She went from being the leader and the light for the damned and confused undead who managed to gain freedom from mind control to being a monster obsessed with her own survival after she got a view of 'hell' (which was clearly a corrupted vision at the hands of Yogg Saron). It's been clear for some time that she's been an unwilling pawn of the old gods, and now she's stepping over the boundaries of the hordes honor.

She'll die putting Nzoth in a cage, using her old god dagger, and then we can have an interesting horde leader.

Every time Baine questions Sylvanas, I just feel a pull to her side. I don't agree with her, but I'm so tired of Baine talking tough and then not doing anything. Frustrating.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    This Horde was founded by Thrall, Sylvanas just inherited it. By your own logic lok'tar ogar means nothing to this Horde too, since it wasn't made by "Sylvanas's Horde".

You can't have it both ways, important things from the Horde's past either matter or they don't, if lok'tar ogar matters, honor matters.
    So the horde is finders keepers, and phrases only hold significance to those who started them? I'm guessing you just pulled this out of your ass.

To inherit something is to gain possession of it, especially if it's handed over willingly. So yes even with your choice of words it's sylvanas's horde now, just like how it was vol'jin's and garrosh's.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2018-11-07 at 05:04 AM.