Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Literally any time someone posts something negative about Republicans or Trump, Hubcap spins it into some "Don't be mean about them or you just drive more people into their arms"

Its kinda tired shtick by now.
    Well, as adorable as concern trolling is, it's rather low-effort bullshit.

He's a Trumpster, through and through. He's just choosing to be a lying Trumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    The point of representative democracy is for population to have representatives defending their interests. And if Nazis are as prominent as forum claims, surely they should have one as well?

That doesn't necessarily means "being run by them"... Because 1 out of 435 being Nazi? Right, your democracy is totally going to fall from that - just like it was going to fall from blacks being there. /s

And if it is going to be more then your entire perception of what America is about is clearly just carefully nurtured illusion.
    A tolerant society must reject intolerant ideas. Full stop.

Nazis have no place on the ballot, let alone actually becoming representatives.

This isn't difficult unless you really want to like Nazis. Do you like Nazis?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    A tolerant society must reject intolerant ideas. Full stop.
    That happened here though - he only got 25% of vote.

His own ideas were largely irrelevant too if "straight ticket" voting was a thing there.

Nazis have no place on the ballot, let alone actually becoming representatives.
    How about you make it a law then? How are you going to define it btw?

This isn't difficult unless you really want to like Nazis. Do you like Nazis?
    It was difficult in this case though because law was on Nazi side. What do you like more - existing laws being followed or punishing already fringe Nazis?

15+ Year Old Account
    Some districts get absolutely no Republican representation despite having Republican-leaning voters, and then Nazi come to fill the void and get those votes (even if, ultimately, they do not win yet - or, perhaps, because noone actually expects him to win so he works great as protest vote).

That is what happened in this particular case.

If people get no actual representation either way they can vote for literal Nazi given an option.
    So what goes through their head, "Well an ACTUAL REAL NAZI is better than a Democrat!"?

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Alabama proved that Republicans think that being a pedophile is better than being a Democrat, or that being a sex offender is better than being a Democrat. Basically Republicans see Democrats as the worst thing on the planet, even over people who believe in actual genocide and racial superiority.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    So what goes through their head, "Well an ACTUAL REAL NAZI is better than a Democrat!"?
    Well, people already linked "Better be Russian then Democrat" T-shirts being worn in this thread...

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Alabama proved that Republicans think that being a pedophile is better than being a Democrat, or that being a sex offender is better than being a Democrat. Basically Republicans see Democrats as the worst thing on the planet, even over people who believe in actual genocide and racial superiority.
    "Clearly baby-killing (pro-choice) Democrats inviting rapist illegals into the country are worse!" would be my guess if anyone bothered to actually think about it rather then just pass it through by tribal markers.

That happened here though - he only got 25% of vote.

His own ideas were largely irrelevant too if "straight ticket" voting was a thing there.

How about you make it a law then? How are you going to define it btw?

It was difficult in this case though because law was on Nazi side. What do you like more - existing laws being followed or punishing already fringe Nazis?
    Do you ever actually answer questions or just dodge them every time?

I asked if you like Nazis. Are you struggling to answer this?

Incidentally a good first step would have been if the GOP rejected him from even being part of the Republican party in the first place. He could have run as a member of the Nazi party since that's what he literally is.

Intolerant ideas that are detrimental to a tolerant society are shockingly easy to codify but also veering off topic to play into your quest for something to let you get some sealioning in. So let's stick with the easy part of this discussion - Do you like Nazis?

Well, people already linked "Better be Russian then Democrat" T-shirts being worn in this thread...

"Clearly baby-killing (pro-choice) Democrats inviting rapist illegals into the country are worse!" would be my guess if anyone bothered to actually think about it rather then just pass it through by tribal markers.
    What do Nazi's do with Jewish babies and pregnant women, hug and kiss them?

15+ Year Old Account

I guess if someone considers removing a fetus no bigger than a thumbnail clipping "Baby killing" then sure, I can see why they'd think that. Inviting illegals into this country is basically fully fabricated nonsense that's not even worth addressing, other than that I realize Republicans are gullible enough to believe it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Do you ever actually answer questions or just dodge them every time?
    In most cases that's rhetorical question.

I asked if you like Nazis. Are you struggling to answer this?
    Okay, if you are seriously wondering then it's simple - no, i don't.

Incidentally a good first step would have been if the GOP rejected him from even being part of the Republican party in the first place. He could have run as a member of the Nazi party since that's what he literally is.
    There are only two major parties in US though, and naturally right-wingers generally lean GOP.

Next you'll say they should reject NRA members too...

Are you Republican though arguing for purity of your own party, or are you arguing as outsider that they should conform to your standards while you wouldn't vote for them anyway? (and that Nazi will)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    What do Nazi's do with Jewish babies and pregnant women, hug and kiss them?
    Propose that as anti-Jones ad next time Nazi runs.

Okay, if you are seriously wondering then it's simple - no, i don't.
    Considering your staunch support of giving them legitimacy, yes it was a serious question and thank you for answering.

There are only two major parties in US though, and naturally right-wingers generally lean GOP.
    While its true that Dem and Repub are the big kahunas, that clearly doesn't stop the Green Party, the Libertarian Party, etc, nor does it stop people from running as Independents, so this is no real excuse.

Next you'll say they should reject NRA members too...
    Why would I do that? Are you suggesting that NRA members all share an intolerant ideology that we should be ousting from the US?

Are you Republican though arguing for purity of your own party, or are you arguing as outsider that they should conform to your standards while you wouldn't vote for them anyway? (and that Nazi will)
    I'm arguing as an American who understands the concept that intolerance has no place in a tolerant society.

Why are you defending a Nazi since you have stated you don't like them?

Well Steve King won. He is a flat out racist. No hyperbole.

Seth Grossman of NJ lost by only 2 points. He was condemned by Republican party and they withdrew all support for him Basically like Steve King, the Republicans called this guy a racist.

So as we say; The Republican party is not racist, but all the racist are in the Republican party.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I'm arguing as an American who understands the concept that intolerance has no place in a tolerant society.
    I simply consider that best way to show Nazis their place is to defeat them fair and square each time they try to lift their head - just like it happened in this case.

Not to deny them opportunity to compete - that would be showing your potential weakness to them.

Do you seriously consider that simply allowing them to run will undo decades of civil right struggles that put them to fringes of society?

That by simply being heard they are going to win?

How can someone spend several pages defending actual neo-Nazis?

He has an R. I'll give most of the 50k a benefit of the doubt that all they knew was his party.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    How can someone spend several pages defending actual neo-Nazis?
    Because they believe in democracy? We don't just abondan our founding principles because you don't believe people should have a say.

yet more people coming in to support Nazis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal Serv View Post
    Because they believe in democracy? We don't just abondan our founding principles because you don't believe people should have a say.
    On your 2nd alt already?

And defending nazis has nothing to do with democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    On your 2nd alt already?

And defending nazis has nothing to do with democracy.
    Nah this is like 36? I don't keep count. I also don't think you have a firm grasp on what democracy is...

Nah this is like 36? I don't keep count. I also don't think you have a firm grasp on what democracy is...
    Great, now we have to wait half a day again until a mod comes around to clean you up.

And you're thinking of ochlocracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    It does not mean I have to be okay with every viewpoint lol