Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    You can join bg as lvl 10 and face lvl 19. BGs as basic are not meant to be fair. If you go to bg as lvl 10 and say this is not fun then you should instead think for a bit, and hopefully, your conclusion is that maybe getting few pieces of gear and few levels is that way to go instead.
    Even a level 19 nontwink is basically a level 10 to a twink. You still don't seem to grasp how massive of a gap they had. The problem isn't the gap, it's the size of the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Even a level 19 nontwink is basically a level 10 to a twink. You still don't seem to grasp how massive of a gap they had. The problem isn't the gap, it's the size of the gap.
    a level 10 can still capture flags to help their team win

I did it many times when I was a brand new player queuing BG's on my level 10 rogue. I died many times trying, but I also succeeded many times.

15+ Year Old Account
    I stopped doing low level BGs because of twinks. Going into the battleground at level 10 (in the 10 to 19 bracket, for example), I expect to get rocked. I generally do a few at this level because I want to try new things, and at least with non-twinks, I live a little bit longer and can actually learn.

But any game that had a surplus of twinks (these are my own, personal, experiences) on either side was not only a faceroll, but the twinks (again, on either side) would sit in the enemy graveyard and just repeatedly kill the opposing team as they respawned. The only thing to do is move enough away from the Spirit Healer that I didn't get rezzed, just to hope that the twinks got bored and allowed me (us) to respawn.

If there was one or two twinks? They'd always go for the low levels first (which, admittedly, is a sound tactic). But then they'd keep going after the low levels even when we (or the opposing team) got the flag and held onto it. Rather than try to end the game and win, they'd just keep farming. Sometimes, we'd win by sheer virtue of their tunnel vision.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

So where does this gap seeking actually ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    So where does this gap seeking actually ends?
    the only solution is WoW communism where everybody is equally as strong at every point in the game

how EXCITING!

Quote Originally Posted by Antility View Post
    the only solution is WoW communism where everybody is equally as strong at every point in the game

how EXCITING!
    Soon we will have lvl 1 players saying they don't have fun in game cause there are lvl 60 in t3. Gap is too high, guess we need to delete whole game.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    not happening if they don't queue at the same time, also the BG queues were bugged after the seperation and they were bugged for months leading to very long queue times.

I also find it hard to believe you weren't a twink but somehow know of the 19 twinks from your battlegroup

also this isn't even a thread about twinks only fighting other twinks.
    everyone knew who the twinks were b/c they spent all day telling players how great they were. Also, twink if it's allowed and don't if it's not, nobody cares play how you want...my raiding guild all had a 19 twink alts so we could own wsg after raids with preform to blow off steam, we weren't special and neither are you, nobody outside of your basement cares

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    everyone knew who the twinks were b/c they spent all day telling players how great they were. Also, twink if it's allowed and don't if it's not, nobody cares play how you want...my raiding guild all had a 19 twink alts so we could own wsg after raids with preform to blow off steam, we weren't special and neither are you, nobody outside of your basement cares
    did I say I was special in this thread? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Ah, OP is pissed because he can't go gank all the level 10 PvEers anymore since they made warmode. Now he wants to twink again, and act like it's some great thing that he's a lamer who can only win in PvP if he outgears everyone.

Lovely.
    entire point of the thread went right over your head lul.

I haven't played retail since MoP and stopped twinking in Cataclysm because the gameplay changes were god awful at low level and completely broke low level PvP.

also, you realize both sides have equal opportunity to have twinks on them right? winning in WSG means you have to capture the flag, thus you are competing vs twinks from the opposing faction to win the game, brainlet.

This thread is giving me some good nostalgic laughs. I forgot just how much twinks try to justify themselves and ignore all counter points. Just admit you have fun stomping people who have no chance and nobody will blame you. If you truly cared about becoming stronger or being competitive you would level to max where the actual competition is.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    This thread is giving me some good nostalgic laughs. I forgot just how much twinks try to justify themselves and ignore all counter points. Just admit you have fun stomping people who have no chance and nobody will blame you. If you truly cared about becoming stronger or being competitive you would level to max where the actual competition is.
    nobody has provided any counter points that isn't easily refuted.

the most prominent counter point is "It's not fair" which isn't even a valid counterpoint because everybody can do it.

unless you have some other counter points you would like to share.

also, you don't get to determine what competition is. if you like the competition at max level that is great. some people like the competition below level cap, which is also great.

I am not sure what your point is for this thread. Are you just trying to troll? Twinking is allowed but most who arent involved see it as almost griefing. As someone who made a 19 twink the majority of the point is to roll people as fast as possible. You ran around being busted strong and using max level enchants on low level gear. It was very rarely about fair fights.

But dont blame the people for being upset when they expected others in the bg to be around the same gear level and to just do it as a passing through thing.

10+ Year Old Account

the most prominent counter point is "It's not fair" which isn't even a valid counterpoint because everybody can do it.

also, you don't get to determine what competition is. if you like the competition at max level that is great. some people like the competition below level cap, which is also great.
    You haven't once refuted my claim that twinks are toxic. You are really good at cherry picking posts or ignoring things though.

And your behavior in this thread only strengthens my claim, that most twinks are toxic shitty people.

15+ Year Old Account

It legitimately looks like you're looking for an echo chamber, expecting more people to agree with you than not. And it surprised you when most of the people in this thread pushed back and stated that twinking is, generally considered, bad.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

You haven't once refuted my claim that twinks are toxic. You are really good at cherry picking posts or ignoring things though.

seeing something as "toxic" is subjective.

how is Twinking toxic when it's people who are playing the game a certain way, a way in which everybody has the ability to play it if they choose?

your argument is invalid.

are highly skilled max gearded 60's toxic for obliterating noobs in bg's as well ? your argument holds no weight whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    seeing something as "toxic" is subjective.

how is Twinking toxic when it's people who are playing the game a certain way, a way in which everybody has the ability to play it if they choose?

your argument is invalid.

are highly skilled max gearded 60's toxic for obliterating noobs in bg's as well ? your argument holds no weight whatsoever.
    When you decide to play the game in a way that makes it unfun for everyone around you, it's toxic.

But I guess ninja looting isn't toxic, it's just how I chose to play the game right? Totally fine for me to screw over 4-39 people, cause it's just how I want to play the game! Corpse camping lowbies isn't toxic, it's just how I choose to play man, you can do it too!

When you decide to play the game in a way that makes it unfun for everyone around you, it's toxic.

But I guess ninja looting isn't toxic, it's just how I chose to play the game right? Totally fine for me to screw over 4-39 people, cause it's just how I want to play the game! Corpse camping lowbies isn't toxic, it's just how I choose to play man, you can do it too!
    and your choices in the game will directly impact the way other people will view you in the game.

if some people view me as Toxic because I like to play twinks that is fine.

it is clear that you wan't blizzard to remove player choice from the game. sad.

why does anyone care how someone else plays the game. I don't twink toons, it is just not my style. But who cares if people do? Its a micro niche of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to twink and never set foot in BGs.

The absolute best time I have ever had in WoW was twinking at 80/81. I could solo farm Cata instances, so I would queue up as a tank and healer, dual boxing, and just have an absolute blast. All of my runs were always fun, people always wanted to stick around for more. I made a lot of my in-game friends that way, and two who turned into real life (but never met in person) friends. Granted I never enjoyed doing PvP in the first place, twinking or no.

I've played long enough that I remember twinking in normal BGs, and I remember how impressed I was the effort people put into doing such a thing. I had just started to gear up a twink for BGs before they introduced the segregated BGs, so I stopped. Saw no point in running in BGs where everyone was a twink, what's the point? It's just like normal BGs except you don't gain experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    and your choices in the game will directly impact the way other people will view you in the game.

if some people view me as Toxic because I like to play twinks that is fine.

it is clear that you wan't blizzard to remove player choice from the game. sad.
    You shouldn't be allowed choices with negative impacts on those around you. I'm am indeed all for the removal of such choices, in a game that people play to have fun.

You also haven't refuted my claim. Just admitted you have no issues being a terrible person.