Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Am I witnessing history with this thread? Is this the first 'Wow, classic sucks' thread with the standard 'You asked for Vanilla, what did you expect?' replies? That didn't take long.

Like many have said earlier in this thread.

What did you expect.

Its vanilla.

I remember what it was and I have no intention to play it...

Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    Am I witnessing history with this thread? Is this the first 'Wow, classic sucks' thread with the standard 'You asked for Vanilla, what did you expect?' replies? That didn't take long.
    No, Tha's just a troll who probably didn't even play demo. 99% of people who want Classic knew what to expect from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    What a waste of time that was...resources could of been spent better allocated somewhere else.
    could have* silly Muricans.

And I hope you didn't pay 50€ just for Vanilla if you had no idea what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    It says that you have probably played more BFA since it released and there isn't much to do now and something that hasn't been out for a very long time was released as a demo so you decided to play that instead...doesn't say much at all really.
    Actually I didn't. I wanted to try it, so I asked GM, if they can offer me some free days. They did. And after realizing, only way I can play new races is via grinding in legion so I just gave up. Later they gave me 3 free days (during blizzcon) so I said I will try new content at least. I picked up my 110 level lock, rearranged skills and talents to hot bar headed to introduction BfA quest and I was already bored. I knew there is nothing interesting waiting for me. It just again same quest all over again, no growth for my character. There was nothing what kept me playing.

I downloaded classic demo later and just played it for a few days with different characters. It's insane how much modern wow lost compared to vanilla one. Yes, it's faster, more fancy etc... however the whole feel of journey just doesn't exist anymore nor is that feeling "this is my character". Hard to describe. In the end, I realized how much I like this type of MMOs and the closest thing on the market to this currently is ESO. I am thinking about trying it out again..at least until Classic will be out.

7+ Year Old Account
    What a waste of time that was...resources could of been spent better allocated somewhere else.
    Go back to your bfa and have fun with it
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    That's the problem though. When I was younger, I had the time to play Everquest, raising and camping for hours and hours for very little reward.

I had time to 'hardcore' raid through Classic. That doesnt mean it's better. Most of the people who played classic wont have the time to dedicate to 'the grind'.

That's what a lot of Classic extremists dont understand, and why I (and plenty of others) say its nostalgia/rose-tinted glasses.

I have time to jump on WoW as it is now, with my 40+ hour workweek plus college, do a few things with my roomies and actually progress in some tangible fashion.

I wouldn't (and wont) play Classic for that reason. The time it takes to do anything with minimal progress? I dont need 'the social aspect' a lot of people claim is missing, I still have my roomies, friends and guildies and we all still do stuff and find WoW entertaining without it being -forced-.

Once the slog hits, i feel people are gonna be incredibly disillusioned.
    So if you still have fun in retail then don't play Classic. No one is forcing you to, and it isn't a problem.

I don't have time to play hockey 4x a week even though I'd love to do so. That doesn't make it a problem though.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is what vanilla was. The levelling process is one of a kind and levels actually mattered.
    The exploring of the world was actually possible because you were forced to
    take your time to level. It wasn’t pointless to level like it is these days.
    These days it’s all a big rush to see the end-game.
    This experience that you call slow, boring and a waste of resources, that is what
    the people calling for vanilla sought after, and it the same experience people playing on private
    servers wanted.

WoW classic is just not aimed at you, and that is not a bad thing. You can still try it out and if that’s
    not your thing in the end, you’ll still have retail.

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    All I could do was grin from ear to fucking ear. The "reality check" for me was "oh yeah, you really do like the older version better". I can't fkn wait to play Classic.
    Nope, doesn't fit their narrative. You don't exist.

Yes. They could invest more time making Diablo Immortal, battle pets in WoW and new skins for HOTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I am not even sure where to begin regarding to how wrong you are with this statement because it'd just derail the thread, since this thread isn't about cars.
    Secondly, I've worked with building performance cars and engines involved in everything from roadracing to drag racing to land speed racing, for the last 17 years.

The only discernable difference if you take something like a 2012 Chevy Camaro compared to a 1970 Chevy Camaro would be ABS, traction control and stability manager, and slightly more comfortable seats.
    That's how the comparison just doesn't function even at a base level, because Vanilla and BfA are WILDLY different with WILDLY different philosophies and intended audiences. Cars are not, unless you somehow decide to compare a 1908 T-Ford with a 2018 Tesla, but that wasn't what he decided to compare.
    wtf? modern moters are made from cast alloy, not steel. frames are out of aluminium. the weight of the frame of a modern care is half to a 3rd of what it was. Motors are electronically controlled, not mechanically. a 1970 car is made of steel . a modern care is made of aluminium, and in case of high end cars, composite materials. U are not working anywhere near performance cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    wtf? modern moters are made from cast alloy, not steel. frames are out of aluminium. the weight of the frame of a modern care is half to a 3rd of what it was. Motors are electronically controlled, not mechanically. a 1970 car is made of steel . a modern care is made of aluminium, and in case of high end cars, composite materials. U are not working anywhere near performance cars.
    Older engines weren't made from steel either.
    Secondly, most modern cars don't actually have a frame either, aswell as most modern cars don't have aluminium bodypanels.

There's a lot of things wrong with that post, and it isn't on topic either.
    Not sure what you're trying to achieve with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Nope, doesn't fit their narrative. You don't exist.
    lol - i hear ya.
    Love the avatar, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    What if I told you that a lot of people actually kind of enjoy that slow, deliberate style of RPG, instead of the braindead hack-and-slash ARPG Live has become?
    Yeah no, you're talking out your hamster ass now. The GCD changes are done. It's slow as fuck. BFA is a fluff expansion so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yes. They could invest more time making Diablo Immortal, battle pets in WoW and new skins for HOTS.
    When do we get to play Warcraft inside of World of Warcraft?

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who played in vanilla, yes it was slow and boring, but the game was also fun and exciting, you can't compare wow in Vanilla to current day wow

True vanilla was faster than the demo because you'd go herbalism and alchemy to level in order to have stacks of swiftness potions to run faster as well as troll's blood potions to regen health. With the troll's blood potion buff you basically kill nonstop and its pretty quick like bfa.

The key difference between vanilla and bfa is that in bfa you effetively are playing as if you have trolls' blood potion buff on you all the time. Bfa effectively removes complexity so you don't have to think at all. Bfa is mindless. In vanilla, you have to think like "hmm, there are potions, what kind of potions, oh WOW theres a trolls blood potion, look at that I regen like MAD! This is easy now!"
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-11-09 at 06:19 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

idk what people expected from this, it was a broken and rushed 4 level demo with characters you feel no attachments towards in a game where that means a lot...

if it felt pointless and mundane, basically a complete waste of your time, that because that's exactly what it was. the alpha/beta or whatever else if they have it will likely feel very similar, if you want to feel what classic felt like then wait for the release and play a character to level 60. if you still feel like it's bad, boring, and slow at 60 then it's just not the game for you, and guess what princess... that's fine.

Sounds like they're doing a pretty bang-on job of recreating Classic. You want a twitchy game, play anything other than WoW - or stick to Live. Classic is a different game for different players. It's cool though - we'll have fun doing our thing, you do you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    That's factually wrong, there were a LOT of MMO's around back then, even moreso than now.
    Wowow chill with that "LOT"...

Care to name some?