Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    I understand how much time goes into creating content and so when a player simply fly’s over it the value is undermined.

Perhaps people forget that flight is a privilege not a right. In the most respectful way possible, you should appreciate that we even have mounts at all. We have mages that can teleport us to different continents. You don’t need mounts.

There are things Blizzard needs to improve but flight isn’t one of them.
    I appreciate more exploring with flying

Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post
    Nope, I like it. I like how it's gated now, but pathfinder is fucking stupid,
    Agreed. I hate pathfinder. Such a stupid idea.

The answer to "Does anyone else feel this way" is almost always yes. There are a lot of people on the planet, few thoughts are truly unique.

Also we have had this debate raging since WoD, so obviously it's pretty divisive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate flying, but I don't think it's the best thing to happen ever either.

It was amazing and ground breaking in TBC. I still remember the funny WoWNews clips with the gnome and troll.

I am glad that WoD set the standard for how flying will be unlocked. I believe it's fair to have to earn a luxury item like flying, in early WoW expansion it was gold. Now that gold is stupid easy to earn it's achievements which are still easy to unlock even playing causally.

There is something to be said enjoying the scenery and theme of an expansion from the ground. Being able to look up and be in awe or imagine what it looks like from up there. Then being able to eventually!
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Nope ... love flying. Next original topic?

Deleted
    Flying is too much fun so blizz got rid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    lol you guys still watch cinematics? Yikes, I'm lowkey mildly annoyed that I have to wait for my addons to autoskip them, wish there was a "no cinematics plz" option (right below the no RP option)

Yes I do, but that's not from a cinematic. That's a view you naturally come across while questing in Nazmir, proving my point about how no flying allows the devs to shape player experience better.

well i stop doing WQ because they are so tedious to go do them on groud mount

Deleted
    I would love it, but for gold, like in BC. If there had been no flyiing since classic I would prefer it, but now there are so much beautiful flying mounts then I would miss it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I sometimes take a long run on my flying mount and then slowly take off like an airplane would.

Flying rocks!
    I laughed more than I should have on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand how much time goes into creating content and so when a player simply fly’s over it the value is undermined.

Perhaps people forget that flight is a privilege not a right. In the most respectful way possible, you should appreciate that we even have mounts at all. We have mages that can teleport us to different continents. You don’t need mounts.

Love flight as a tool and luxury reward, and the Pathfinder system is the only improvement that I would've thought needed - of course, just keep to one part.

Some designs in the world you cannot see until you can fly, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And you lay ALL of the loss of that community at the feet of flying? Wow dude...just...wow....
    Yea ok you need to properly read what people say before you reply. I clearly said the communitys got killed off PARTLY because of flying.

Quote Originally Posted by valis View Post
    World PvP was nearly dead when BGs got released...

If the World is engaging than flying isn't the problem, remember when flying in Wrath, it was designed with flying in mind and was engaging.
    That's because we only engaged at max level with the zones that were designed with flying in mind. Icecrown and Storm Peaks, almost exclusively. Howling Fjord wasn't, or they wouldn't have put in all those cool lifts and bridges and the fancy boat intro. Or the harpoon ride for that matter, my favorite thing in the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleriol View Post
    Yea ok you need to properly read what people say before you reply. I clearly said the communitys got killed off PARTLY because of flying.
    Then maybe you should be more specific instead of speaking in vague generalities. "Partly". What does that mean? Because from my perspective flight doesn't even effect community at all. It's a mode of transportation primarily, and a method of interacting with the environment secondary.

Communication with players happens in Discord, guild chat, raid/party chat, and other chat channels. Interaction with player characters happens when you're actually doing content, which requires you to land anyway. Flying(in its current form) isn't any different than sitting outside the entrance to a dungeon, or sitting in a city, or just being ANYWHERE between actual content.

To claim that flying hurts community or interaction between players in ANY way is so incredibly, unfathomably ridiculous and unfounded, that OF COURSE I'm going to exaggerate and scoff at any such suggestion. Why? Because it doesn't make any sense to make such a claim. There's no evidence. No grounding. No argument you could possibly make to prove that claim. It's all bullshit because at one point in the past some Blizzard dev said something negative about flight based on his personal opinion, and the white-knights and bandwagon fans drank it down like poisoned coolaid without actually thinking about it. And we're STILL hearing the after-effects of that shit.

I feel the complete opposite, i spend more time flying over areas finding spots i missed running past due to mobs chasing me.
    Flying is the one thing this game had drawing me from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Well technically playing the game is a privilege,
    How in the heck do you even start to believe that playing "any" game is a "privilege". Wow, maybe a failed brain stem stem transfer? We pay to play most games so there is ZERO privilege involved...you really need a reality check. lol Playing a game is NOT a privilege, the game is a product that you buy and as such you are NOT playing as a privilege. Wow...I guess some kind of mind manipulation could be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Twizy View Post
    How in the heck do you even start to believe that playing "any" game is a "privilege". Wow, maybe a failed brain stem stem transfer? We pay to play most games so there is ZERO privilege involved...you really need a reality check. lol Playing a game is NOT a privilege, the game is a product that you buy and as such you are NOT playing as a privilege. Wow...I guess some kind of mind manipulation could be involved.
    Are you one of those people that demands a month of free game time when servers are down for a few hours?

Quote Originally Posted by NotInTheFace0 View Post
    Are you one of those people that demands a month of free game time when servers are down for a few hours?
    Not sure how or even why you put that together. Are you another one of those fools that believe that playing any game is a "privilege"? I have zero issues that a game needs maintenance and will be down for hours during upgrades/maintenance. You may need a life though...
    Last edited by Twizy; 2018-11-10 at 12:51 AM. Reason: structure

5+ Year Old Account
    It is a privilege, because playing the game is a right we earned through payment. Failure in payment or malicious behavior can result in termination of services or a ban.

Did you forget that? Or the fact that a company can deny their services to you if they feel fit? Just because you have money, doesn't mean you have an innate right to play a game. And just because you want something, doesn't mean you will get it. You have a privilege as a trusted consumer to play Blizzard's games. They don't have to give you anything if they don't accept your money, or you break ToS.

As a matter of fact, most things in life are privileges you earn through civic responsibilities or payment. There aren't many things beyond fundamental needs to survive that people are legally entitled to. Even your "right" to vote is a privilege in some countries.

Before you insult others, you should check your own understanding of the things they're talking about.

Not sure how or even why you put that together. Are you another one of those fools that believe that playing any game is a "privilege"? I have zero issues that a game needs maintenance and will be down for hours during upgrades/maintenance. You may need a life though...
    Jesus, why is everyone on the internet in such a pissy mood today. Saying I need a life a life cause I asked a simple question? I'm supposed to be the toxic person, not you guys!