Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You can't make 333,333 gold???

10+ Year Old Account
    Vendor mounts are gold dumps. If they are too much for you, don't buy them.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mounts in store, people complain...

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    Good.
    They need to shut down the real money shop altogether.
    Mounts in game people complain...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy View Post
    i dont have time for all that they just need 2 pop them in the store
    There really is no winning for Blizz.

This has to be a troll post...

333,333 doesn't take so much enormous efforts to make. If you got no time to make that, then buy the token to convert into golds OR you can wait out till token spike back up then u can buy and sell the token. I don't really see the problem here... It's your call. Ppl complain for small things. This wow has been on going for 14 years and ppl still complain how to make money? Seriously guys....

Save for herbing/oreing (not immersive), playing the AH (not immersive), or standing in town harping trade chat (political/troll/ad immersion), all for at least an hour of your life daily, actually playing the game proper (as in Legion) will not yield respectable amounts of gold today.
    I don't get the immersion point. Having a profession in order to make money, and then going to the tradepost in the city to sell it to other people is about as immersive as it gets. You could call it tedious for sure, you could call it boring, but if you're going to use immersion as the reason why you don't want to do this I don't think you really get what immersion is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    What do you consider an immersive way to make gold? Just having it given to you via mission table?
    It'd be great if doing things like raiding actually made you gold. As it is right now, they cost you an immense amount of gold.

Compare that to something like Ultima Online where killing shit was the primary way that money was introduced into the economy, and then the player economy was based off of that. As it is right now, the primary way gold (made) it isn't the economy is no longer valid, so only the people who abused the shit out of it get to have gold right now, while everyone else is poor A.F.

Killing mobs in this game doesn't generate any real profit, and that is really disappointing. Reward me gold for raiding.

Please unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    It is a Miracle that we have NOT had store mounts so far this expansion. GJ Blizzard Keep it coming. Also these frog mounts were data mined in the alpha as well i believe.
    to me its the same thing... buying token then reselling it on ah to get gold to buy the mounts, better off putting it directly on the blizz store as store mounts
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    to me its the same thing... buying token then reselling it on ah to get gold to buy the mounts, better off putting it directly on the blizz store as store mounts
    Its not the same thing.

If you just buy the mount with real $$$, money is not removed from the economy. If the mount is purchased with gold then that gold is being removed from the economy.

Buy token with $$$ -> Sell Token for X Gold from another player -> Spend X gold to buy mount -> That gold is removed from the economy.

as opposed to

Buy mount with $$$ -> No gold is ever removed from the economy.

The way it is set right now is the proper way to have it set up. Helps reduce inflation for a couple extra minor steps.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2018-11-10 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    It'd be great if doing things like raiding actually made you gold. As it is right now, they cost you an immense amount of gold.

Compare that to something like Ultima Online where killing shit was the primary way that money was introduced into the economy, and then the player economy was based off of that. As it is right now, the primary way gold (made) it isn't the economy is no longer valid, so only the people who abused the shit out of it get to have gold right now, while everyone else is poor A.F.

Killing mobs in this game doesn't generate any real profit, and that is really disappointing. Reward me gold for raiding.
    Get enchanting and alch on one character. Then get herb on another. Make stuff and sell on ah. success.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    You can't make 333,333 gold???
    IDK how to make that much gold in BFA with out playing the AH or farming herbs, neither is interesting.

I grinded up alch with rank 3 hoping to make gold selling pots, pots are crafted at a loss. That's not good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Get enchanting and alch on one character. Then get herb on another. Make stuff and sell on ah. success.
    I have no desire to do boring herbing. That isn't "playing the game".

I took Alch to 150 with rank 3 pots at the start of the expac. At no point has crafting potions been profitable, they're always crafted at a loss.

Most enchants are also sold at a loss.

Lucrative gold missions on the mission table is inevitable. If you want to be ready, just suffer through leveling alts now, get a couple thousand resources on them after you level up your companions and then forget about them. Come back when the gold starts coming in and make bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    IDK how to make that much gold in BFA with out playing the AH or farming herbs, neither is interesting.

I grinded up alch with rank 3 hoping to make gold selling pots, pots are crafted at a loss. That's not good.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no desire to do boring herbing. That isn't "playing the game".

I took Alch to 150 with rank 3 pots at the start of the expac. At no point has crafting potions been profitable, they're always crafted at a loss.

Most enchants are also sold at a loss.
    Then dont moan about not making gold. Move along.

I mean.. he is partially right.. Gold = dollars now so a mount having a gold cost is effectively an in-game shop item.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-11-11 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Video

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    You want WoW to go back to 10 mil players but you want it to progressively turn into a microtranscation shitfest which its destined to become in up to 5 years.

Pick one.
    WoW will never go back to 10 million players. That train left the station, went around the world, and went off a trestle and crashed into the canyon floor years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    WoW will never go back to 10 million players. That train left the station, went around the world, and went off a trestle and crashed into the canyon floor years ago.
    Yep.. WoD killed any hope of that happening. People said "nope.. I'm not coming back EVER again" after that shit show and BFA is doing a good job of it too. Luckily I don't think that BFA will have a snapchat/tick tock patch.

Deleted
    Start selling boosts for gold in "immersive" manner or RP, pretending to be a mercenary. Newsflash, it is not mandatory to have all mounts. If you are collector, how is that immersive to have 400 "pets" ?

Yep they definitely restructured the economy and gold flow with BfA. I assume that deleting all that existing gold from the game and considerably reducing generation of new gold somehow leads to them to selling more tokens. Or maybe they can more easily hike the (relative) token value up now. I don't know I don't have a brain for finance. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in dev meetings where this kind of stuff is decided upon though.