Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    By buying consumables. If you aren't spending that much its because you're letting your raid pick up your slack or you're not running difficult raids/mythic+s.

every mythic+ of a decent level is a flask (700-900g) at minimum. Some require battle potions. Run 3-4 of those a week, which is pretty low honestly, and you're spending 2500g just on flasks. Another 1000g or more on battle potions depending on affixes.

3 hours of progression raiding per week : 2200-2800g on flasks. 1-2 pots per boss attempt, say you're doing 35 "attempts" per week using a second pot on maybe 1/3 of those attempts and you're looking at 50 battle potions for raiding at 400-550gp each (Int battle potion currently at 520g/each).

Lets say you don't always pre pot on a fight you're learning. You're still looking at probably 25-30 battle potions used per week @ ~ 500gp each.

Mythic+ approx costs for 3-4 runs per week at mythic 10+
    3.5 flasks @ 800g each = 2800g
    7.5 battle potions @ 450g each = 3375
    = 6175 gp JUST on mythic+

Lets look at raiding for 3 hours (progression)
    3 flasks @ 800gp each = 2400gp
    27.5 battle potions (low balling) @ 500gp each = 13750gp

Total of ~20,000 gp per week used on consumables - and that is going easy on it.

Even if I cut my pot and flask usage IN HALF I'd STILL be spending 10k a week, so my initial number of 5k was actually low balling by 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

So the most difficult content in the game isn't intended to be gold neutral or positive? Just read that in your head and seriously consider what it means. The most challenging content in the game is actually a net loss in gold.

You shouldn't have to sell "boosts" to make gold from mythic+/raiding. That is actually an INCREDIBLE grey area even in Blizzard's TOS, and if they could actually enforce it they would probably not even allow boosting for gold.
    Fair enough, but thats beside the point of the whole thread here.

Besides, if everything is so expensive, why not pick up the proffs alchemy & enchanting and make shittons of gold?

i'm sure their plan was to push away players all along /s

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Fair enough, but thats beside the point of the whole thread here.

Besides, if everything is so expensive, why not pick up the proffs alchemy & enchanting and make shittons of gold?
    I have a 150 alch with rank 3 of every pot. Nearly every potion sells at a loss, and the ones that don't are at such a low margin that you'll end up taking a loss because you end up not being able to sell them at the temporary positive price.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    wtf are you doing, that is giving you a net loss?
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=279164...n-of-intellect

Still 500g each pot now, even 2 months after expansion launch, and herb prices have stopped falling ages ago. And that's with me being quite conservative in my pot usage, just to save some gold.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy View Post
    i dont have time for all that they just need 2 pop them in the store
    That's not what I meant. I'm saying that all the free gold out there is why high gold mounts exist. Blizzard wants to keep removing gold from the game and this is the best way to do it. They don't care about your needs in particular.

With the buffs to emissary cache gold on a good week I can make it out with a net gain in gold.

First longboi, now this? They are really determined to suck that gold back out of the economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Wait are you complaining that the mounts aren't in the in game shop?
    Yeah. I'm not sure what the OP is even outraged about
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Or you could just accept that you won't get them.
    This, so much this. Either play the game and find your source of Gold income, or just don't get it. problem solved.

Like the goofy pirate ship, I think I can live without any of these mounts. I have like 300 I don't use already.

The AH one would be nice, none-the-less, I've pulled in about 500K this expansion, so Ill get there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    I have a better idea. How about if you can't earn it you don't deserve it? This, ladies and gentlemen, is the face of LFR and the face of everything wrong with gaming.
    A lot is wrong with the OP but lfr does not factor in. Check his post history.

The game needs money drains like this, as there are a pretty significant amount of players with too much of it. Really not seeing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    You are actually a psychopath if you buy gold with tokens, when you get 10+ times more gold for the same price on gold selling sites.
    Or....I don't want to have my account banned after spending thousands of dollars and thousands of hours on it over a 15 year period.

Why not introduce Platinum, 10.000 gold = 1 plat, which basically gives you the old "gold sinks" for free.
    Make the new economy based on platinum, like 1 quest gives you 20 gold now will give 20 plat.

That's it, trading is going in platinum, old shit are "free", new ones you have to work for, and all the gold from wod/legion tables will be "gone".
    Problem solved with my brain still asleep.

Then you shouldn't have them if you don't have time for it. Simple as that. (Same as me btw, no time to play enough to have gold income, so I won't be having these mounts)
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Why not introduce Platinum, 10.000 gold = 1 plat, which basically gives you the old "gold sinks" for free.
    Make the new economy based on platinum, like 1 quest gives you 20 gold now will give 20 plat.

That's it, trading is going in platinum, old shit are "free", new ones you have to work for, and all the gold from wod/legion tables will be "gone".
    Problem solved with my brain still asleep.
    Up until you realise that the only actual change you made is increasing gold gains by 10,000 times. What it is called doesn't matter, the balance of gold coming into the economy and going out is what does.

You didn't solve shit. You just perpetuate the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play the game, don't be lame.

Not everything should be available in the store just because you don't have time to actually work for it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Play the game, don't be lame.

Not everything should be available in the store just because you don't have time to actually work for it.
    What's funny about this statement is that ANYONE could simply work more in real life, purchase gold via token, then get the mount that way. The supposed "I don't have time to grind gold for it" argument just doesn't apply. Putting the mount in the shop is a nonsense "solution", and I mean the word nonsense in a literal way.

All of this....over a cosmetic mount when most of the time you'll spend being summoned, or using a hearth/whistle/portal to move around anyway. Or be in a dungeon or raid where you generally can't use a mount anyway.

Uhg...the level of barking up the wrong tree here is staggering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    What's funny about this statement is that ANYONE could simply work more in real life, purchase gold via token, then get the mount that way. The supposed "I don't have time to grind gold for it" argument just doesn't apply. Putting the mount in the shop is a nonsense "solution", and I mean the word nonsense in a literal way.

All of this....over a cosmetic mount when most of the time you'll spend being summoned, or using a hearth/whistle/portal to move around anyway. Or be in a dungeon or raid where you generally can't use a mount anyway.

Uhg...the level of barking up the wrong tree here is staggering.
    Honestly, it is thanks to the token that I think more of the store things should just be some rare vendor walking around in the open world.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Wait are you complaining that the mounts aren't in the in game shop?
    ^^ This.
    Mounts ingame are best mounts.
    I don't care if they cost gold its fine gives people something to waste gold on and lower the overall money floating around in-game.
    Which will then lower the cost of other items as price of items go down etc.. store mounts i feel people just cash out for more than use the token system where the reverse even if done lowers the token cost its win/win.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    What's the big deal here? If you don't have gold, you don't want to farm it but still really want the mounts just buy some token and buy them. I don't know how hard is to make gold in BfA, but is good that there is an alternative, no?
    There aren't really any good ways to make gold in BfA except for selling mounts and transmogs