Poll: ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Did you ever play a fresh MMO with a group of friends?

If you did, how was your experience?
    If you didnt, do you think you are missing out?

Im incredibly nostalgic about a time in my life where "we" (me and a real life group of friends) decided to play a fresh MMO (Guild Wars 2) from the beginning.
    Nostalgia is telling me it was one of the best times i ever had gaming.
    Discovering the game.
    Playing together.
    Making private rooms for PvP battles between us.
    Duels
    Discovering new builds
    Showing eachoter the new builds we discovered
    PvE together

The whole experience of discovering a new MMO with a big group of friends was amazing.

Wanted to know if you guys also experienced this. Recently or a long time ago.

Sometimes it doesnt even matter if the game is shit or not as long as you are experiencing it with friends. (Guild Wars was pretty good though, dont know if it still is)

No my friends got bored with mmos and the transparent gear treadmill so since like wrath we all just played monhun together instead. Far less time commitment meant we ended up putting way more time in because of its 'got 10 minutes for a hunt?' nature.

What fresh MMO?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Started Wildstar with about 5 friends, it was fun until we realized the game was shit and then we all just stopped logging in.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR and Wildstar I both started when they were released with some friends and family. Neither of them really delivered what we were hoping to get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    No my friends got bored with mmos and the transparent gear treadmill so since like wrath we all just played monhun together instead. Far less time commitment meant we ended up putting way more time in because of its 'got 10 minutes for a hunt?' nature.
    Damm, i only have 3 real life friends now...and i am the "crazy one" who wants to try new games.
    They never follow me to any other game.

Maybe i should start finding new friends via discord and social media

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    SWTOR and Wildstar I both started when they were released with some friends and family. Neither of them really delivered what we were hoping to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Started Wildstar with about 5 friends, it was fun until we realized the game was shit and then we all just stopped logging in.
    I guess i was wrong on the OP...and the game actually needs to be good in order to have good memories from it?
    I thought even a shitty game was fun with friends...

Rift when it came out and it was great. Playing with friends always makes the experience better.

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR.

That game was doing so well in the beginning until they lost 50% of their player base because the first ranked pvp season was pushed back again and again.

I only log in now to collect my cartel coins from my authenticater.

Many times. All great experiences overall.

Tibia back in the 90s. My other friends were playing that and Furcadia, so I decided to try it out with them. I wasn't a fan of the graphics, but I had some sick strat given to me where you power level in the very first cave you start out in. I never got past that cave lol, but I think I was pretty high level for never having left. I went back to console gaming until Runescape Classic came out.

Runescape Classic way back in '01. That game was jaw-dropping for me and my group of friends. I can remember going through entire schooldays thinking about nothing but what we'd do once we got home. Talking about it all throughout lunch and on the bus ride home. I miss my Runescape days dearly, but I can't play that point and click style of game anymore, it's just too outdated and clunky to me.

We all tried out Pristontale when it first launched in the US. Think that was around '01 too? Can't remember exactly. My computer was so crappy then it literally took three days to download. The graphics were next level (literally blew everything else out of the water at that time), the combat was fun, and I remember being enamored about the inventory system where you only had a certain amount of room to fit all the items that'd drop on a grid. It didn't last long, as Warcraft 3 came out soon and we all made the switch over to that.

Tried out Lord of the Rings Online when that first came out. I was so into LOTR that it was an easy transition, but my other friends weren't as big into that lore so it didn't last long. I think I got to like level 30ish and got some title for never dying (The Indomitable), but the game seemed sorta dead on arrival, so we went back to WoW.

When ArcheAge first came out I tried it out with a few friends. We got to like level 40 before the insane que times pushed us away. There was like 8 hour que times, and you could d\c at any point and get stuck at the back of the line after waiting for 7 hours. Fun game, enjoyable combat, interesting crafting system, and the gliding dynamic made travel a breeze. The ques were just too much though. I wonder how that game is doing now and where we'd be in it had we stuck with it. Oh well.

I think that's it as far as MMOs go. We were all gonna try out SWTOR, but not everyone was big fans of Star Wars so that never materialized. Tried out Neverwinter Nights with a friend, but it was just a brief departure from WoW before we both went back.

A bunch. Aion, Age of Conan, Tera Online, GW 2, etc. We usually got bored after a few months, since most of them just didn't have the content to compete with WoW.

Deleted
    Thanks for the stories guys

I was so nostalgic about those times that i decided today to give another shot on a fresh MMO...but alone, as im lacking friends willing to do this.
    The game i replayed today was......BLESS Online

I know, i know
    This game is a meme.
    But i love it so much and the only thing preventing me from playing it more is "performace issues" and "no friends crazy enough to try it"

The performance issues went away and stopped after a while playing (as always, its been like this since launch for me)

And...i found a Guild from my country recruting im so happy now
    They told me there was a beginners toolkit on the Shop that could help me out...i opened it and got some kind of insane overpowered weapons.
    This weapons are on a whole different level compared to Heirlooms from WoW. Im one shotting mobs with them now

Im so happy i found a Guild from my country (T_T) maybe i can make some new friends

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What friends?
    I need new friends T_T

I started UO with 1 friend. That same friend and I started WoW but he quit within a month or so maybe. And I started Wildstar with a friend. Other than that, I've always started them by myself unless I'm forgetting one. And other than UO and WoW, I didn't make any friends either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I started UO with 1 friend. That same friend and I started WoW but he quit within a month or so maybe. And I started Wildstar with a friend. Other than that, I've always started them by myself unless I'm forgetting one. And other than UO and WoW, I didn't make any friends either.
    Its cool when you have a "leader friend".
    A person who can lead the group and create "events" for your party.
    "Lets go do a dungeon"
    "Lets go do some duels"
    "Lets go do some puzzles, world pvp etc"

I was never the leader of a group. I dont like the responsability and it requires knowledge of the game to teach the people around you.

Either way, maybe joining a guild and joining voice coms is the same...but i lack the....willingness to make new friends.
    Its like i have chains in my brain preventing me from meeting new people.
    Its strange.
    Maybe i can change that...

15+ Year Old Account
    The closest I've come is playing with a partner, and that was fun.

I would like to have this experience with a big group of friends though. Especially they way you make it sound

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katratzi View Post
    The closest I've come is playing with a partner, and that was fun.

I would like to have this experience with a big group of friends though. Especially they way you make it sound
    What made me nostalgic about those times was soon after watching this videos:
    (they are very big and i dont expect people to watch them, but is just a big group of friends playing together on Battle for Azeroth's Launch)
    This stupid videos

I started up Wildstar with a few friends, I loved the game, but a lot of them quit before max level. Which is a shame because the last couple leveling zones were AMAZING. I never got into the end game sadly before it shut down, mainly because I couldn't find other people to play with to hash out the Attunements .
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking back, I have actually never started with friends where we started at the same time.

Runescape I was playing already before I met my current friends.
    World of Warcraft I joined them late because my mum was: "You have to pay for that, you can't!"
    Wildstar I joined 1 week before them.
    Aion I played alone.
    Neverwinter they joined me 3 years later.
    Dungeons and dragons online. We were 3 that started at the same time but we had a friend helping us who had been playing for a few years.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Its cool when you have a "leader friend".
    A person who can lead the group and create "events" for your party.
    "Lets go do a dungeon"
    "Lets go do some duels"
    "Lets go do some puzzles, world pvp etc"

I was never the leader of a group. I dont like the responsability and it requires knowledge of the game to teach the people around you.

Either way, maybe joining a guild and joining voice coms is the same...but i lack the....willingness to make new friends.
    Its like i have chains in my brain preventing me from meeting new people.
    Its strange.
    Maybe i can change that...
    I started UO because a friend told me it was great. It was. It was amazing. I met a lot of friends in that game, and even pulled in some IRL friends to UO. I tried a handful of MMO's after that. DAoC, AO, E&B... Probably some others i can't remember. I never had anyone with me though. And never stayed long enough to meet other people. The same friend who got me into UO, started WoW with me. I guess he didn't like it, so I stayed on my own. I met tons of people, but it took a while before I made friends. I eventually found out an IRL (who also played UO with me) played WoW also, and we got together. I made lots of friends over the years, mainly from being in guilds. One really close friend that I don't I can ever forget. We still talk all of the time, and very rarely, we meet up on my vacation time. Most, if not all, of the friends I made in WoW though, have quit. Which is a big reason I have no reason to go back to it. (That and I don't care for BfA)

Since I've played (and quit) WoW, I've tried other MMO's. Guild Wars 2, FF14, uhh... that one that starts with "R". I can't think of the name. They're all ok in their ways, but I went in solo, and never bothered making friends. Nowadays, I'd love to play with a group of friends, but it's not gonna happen. I think that time has come and gone. Not enough IRL friends. Even less who give a shit. Not enough friends from other games to rally together.

That's it I guess.:\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I think that time has come and gone. Not enough IRL friends. Even less who give a shit. Not enough friends from other games to rally together.

That's it I guess.:\
    Yeah, im in the same boat.
    Doesnt seem like i will get the same experience from GW2 in a near future.

Maybe with a bit of luck...lets see.

Yeah I started WoW with like 4 friends and we eventually ended up rerolling to start fresh with like 20 people we knew IRL. Was amazingly fun while it lasted. I think I'm the only one still playing of the group tho.