Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

SPOILERS 8.1 Zuldazar Riad Bwonsamdi

Blood moon and a giant army of undeads, I am sure the alliance will feel good in killing undeads, also surely the people who hates Sylvanas will now hate Bwon as well

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    why would anyone hate bwom for doing what he does best?

he's the loa of death, necromancy is his specialty.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    why would anyone hate bwom for doing what he does best?

he's the loa of death, necromancy is his specialty.
    He raised Winston against his will
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    not really Bwonsamdi's awesome, sylvanas is a bi*ch.

also fairly certain just because he's raising the dead to fight, doesn't mean their stay in an undead state, unlike sylvanas.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

also fairly certain just because he's raising the dead to fight, doesn't mean their stay in an undead state, unlike sylvanas.
    Sylvanas plays at being a deity of death, Bwonsamdi is one. Though considering helyas origins and Blizz storytelling Sylvanas might actually become another one at the end of this all, pulling a kerrigan lite or whatever. I mean with this joke of a narrative it is quite possible

The main difference between Sylvanas and Bwonsamedi is he build his kingdom in the proper afterlife and the souls he claims become literally his property and he can do with them whatever he wants, while Sylvanas tries to build her domain in the realm of the living. Bwonsamdi unleashes his "subjects" at his own pleasure in the realm of the living whether they want or not and after their job is done they are dragged back in his domain.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2018-11-11 at 03:48 PM.

Bwom's necromancy is fine because the plot says so. Much like we take the Lich King's moral judgment on Sylvanas seriously. Best not think too much about it.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Bwom's necromancy is fine because the plot says so. Much like we take the Lich King's moral judgment on Sylvanas seriously. Best not think too much about it.
    The slogan for Blizzard whenever you point any lore inconsistencies out to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I wonder just how many new playthings Bwom might get once the invasion is over, I mean everyone in the raid literally dies in his new mortal domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Sylvanas plays at being a deity of death, Bwonsamdi is one. Though considering helyas origins and Blizz storytelling Sylvanas might actually become another one at the end of this all, pulling a kerrigan lite or whatever. I mean with this joke of a narrative it is quite possible

The main difference between Sylvanas and Bwonsamedi is he build his kingdom in the proper afterlife and the souls he claims become literally his property and he can do with them whatever he wants, while Sylvanas tries to build her domain in the realm of the living. Bwonsamdi unleashes his "subjects" at his own pleasure in the realm of the living whether they want or not and after their job is done they are dragged back in his domain.
    That is actually confirmed in the prequel book with seeing herself as some goddess with the azerite crap, probably that is what we are gonna see, also bwon is being builded up like that alien of Star trek voyager that was putting people in his own Matrix when they suffered some fathal/brain damage and as obviosly happen, that machine/realm was meant to feed the alien and with blizzard pulling shit for more raid bosses, I can see them using that excuse to kill bwon and slap in the face to the trolls again

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

Very solid response. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    That is actually confirmed in the prequel book with seeing herself as some goddess with the azerite crap, probably that is what we are gonna see, also bwon is being builded up like that alien of Star trek voyager that was putting people in his own Matrix when they suffered some fathal/brain damage and as obviosly happen, that machine/realm was meant to feed the alien and with blizzard pulling shit for more raid bosses, I can see them using that excuse to kill bwon and slap in the face to the trolls again
    Bwom has always taken souls by force and bend them to his will this is nothing new as he should, he is a deity of death after all, it is what they do and he does it normally. Sylvanas is skirting the line, much like the lich king because their domains are build somewhere were they don't really belong.Same goes for Odyn all three of them are doing things out of the ordinary to varying degrees and the possible severe side effects this might have. Odyns actions for example created another deity of death with her own realm to lord over, helya.

I never liked bwansamdi. Hes a fun character, but a greedy psychopomp is the worst kind.

A lot of death gods do this. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Interesting. Bwonsamdi specifically says he hates the undead because they're unnatural. Wouldn't have expected him to be using them.

Although, I guess if he disposes of them after the fight it's not an issue for him? Still seems a bit jarring personality wise.
    Indeed he hates undead because they remain in the realm of the living, thus escaping the grasp of beings like him, but using them and dragging their souls back afterwards, back into his pockets is quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    A lot of death gods do this. Nothing new.
    So far all of them do this.

Deleted
    You guys need to realize what exactly is Bwonsamdi's domain. The undead he ressurects are the souls he has control of, so it doesn't matter, he can just wave his hand and they die and return to him.
    What he doesn't like is the souls that he can't control and that STAY undead, effectively denying him power and control.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Indeed he hates undead because they remain in the realm of the living, thus escaping the grasp of beings like him, but using them and dragging their souls back afterwards, back into his pockets is quite different.

So far all of them do this.
    If you count the Spirit Healer thingy in the Shadow Lands. Then no, they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I wonder how many death gods are in the shadowlands. We've seen at least three now (Helya, Bwonsamdi, Gorak'tul).
    No idea and then there is the question who is the most powerful of all? I mean the legion must have created a beast of a death god through their actions.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how everytime Rastakhan calls Bwonsamdi, it's by supreme yelling.

"BWOMSAAANDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WE GOT A DEAL, FUCKER"

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    If you count the Spirit Healer thingy in the Shadow Lands. Then no, they don't.
    The spirit healers are not death gods they are a side effect of Odyn trade for knowledge, in order to create such beings, in order to take souls from the shadowlands for his armies, they are literally a small force of independent agents. They are one of the side effects I hinted at earlier, without odyns idea to create his own undead army they wouldn't exist and neither would the ones serving Sylvanas, giving her the ability to toy with death as she does.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2018-11-11 at 04:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bwonsamdi is the only good thing in BfA. They better not kill him, even tho i bet they will.