Lightbulb Remaining Loa that haven't made an appearance

We've seen A LOT of loa this expansion which have been pretty cool, though a few got shortchanged (Shadra got robbed, so did Hir'eek but hopefully we can bring them back)
    For old loa... We see Shadra in Zuldazar, and Hir'eek in Nazmir, but Shirvallah, Bethekk, Hethiss, and Zanza don't show up outside of passing references in the hall of Loa.

Of new loa mentioned, only Torcali, the Direhorn loa doesn't appear anywhere in questing.

Shirvallah: Tiger loa, shows up in Rastakhans rumble in hearthstone as a paladin loa but uses Kimbul's art in it, making some folks wonder if they're siblings lorewise.

(Oddly enough, lorewise Kimbul is supposed to be a tiger with black fur and blacker stripes, but I guess that'd have been tricky for Blizz to do as a model)

Bethekk: Panther loa, sadly hasn't shown up since Cata-ZG which portrayed her as taking direct control of her priest.

I expect Shirvallah and Bethekk don't show up in Zuldazar because there's not many Tigers and panthers there. (Sadly no jaguars either despite the mesoamerica look) It's actually kind of odd that Kimbul was chosen to show up given he was pretty minor but I think he was chosen since he showed up in the "Traveler" book recently.

Hethiss: In the past Darkspear were implied to consider the snake as a pretty important spirit (Snake totems, a quest in TBC showing they disdain birds and consider them more a forest-troll/amani spirit and like snake spirits more, etc) but sadly he hasn't shown up in any quests at all since Cata ZG

Hard to think of a way to bring him to play in BFA but here's hoping we get to see the Darkspear set up some shrines to him.

Torcali: It's actually pretty odd we haven't seen Torcali as she's implied to be a defender of the Zandalari's homes, deity of the harvest, shield, etc...

Hopefully if the Naga or someone else attacks Zuldazar again after battle of Dazar'alor Torcali can be summoned and we can have her drive them back into the sea, or perhaps we get a questchain explaining their absence (Maybe Torcali was weakened in some ancient battle or Torcali powered the shield that protected Zuldazar during the Sundering?)
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    It would have been pretty cool to have some interplay between Hethiss and Sethraliss (or even Dambala), come to think of it.

We haven't seen much of Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Nalorakk or Halazzi in BfA besides their disciples in Zuldazar.

The Loa of Tits and Wine

I wouldn't read too much into what artwork Hearthstone uses. Even from release it used Kalecgos's art for Malygos despite artwork being available of Malygos.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into what artwork Hearthstone uses. Even from release it used Kalecgos's art for Malygos despite artwork being available of Malygos.
    Nevermind. Misread the statement.

In Zandalar it's outrageous that Torcali and especially ZANZA didn't show up.Zanza the restless could be a nice tie up to Zandalari mage caste, but noooo let's fill enchanter section with elves because Zandalari apparently don't have enchanting culture at all.

/facepalm.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    In Zandalar it's outrageous that Torcali and especially ZANZA didn't show up.Zanza the restless could be a nice tie up to Zandalari mage caste, but noooo let's fill enchanter section with elves because Zandalari apparently don't have enchanting culture at all.

/facepalm.
    This. I wonder if they would have changed it if somebody asked earlier.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Torcali's absence is pretty weird considering how important she is in Zandalari lore. There's even a temple dedicated to her with followers in Dazar'alor, as well as an armor set named after her. Seems like a pretty big oversight, but maybe she'll play a role in helping the Zandalari recover after the Alliance's assault.

7+ Year Old Account
    Torcali makes a brief cameo during the event of Rastakhan, Rezan and the player character storm Atal'Dazar the first time to confront Zul.

Right before you engage the cutscene where Zul kills Rezan, you run through the arches and there a couple of guards battling with Zul's followers... and a little up the ways is Torcali.

As you run up, Pa'ku flies down and grabs the direhorn loa by the tail and flies off.

It's kind of funny to see a direhorn dangle from its tail.

Start at 10:24 in this video.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2018-11-11 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Torcali makes a brief cameo during the event of Rastakhan, Rezan and the player character storm Atal'Dazar the first time to confront Zul.

Right before you engage the cutscene where Zul kills Rezan, you run through the arches and there a couple of guards battling with Zul's followers... and a little up the ways is Torcali.

As you run up, Pa'ku flies down and grabs the direhorn loa by the tail and flies off.

It's kind of funny to see a direhorn dangle from its tail.

Start at 10:24 in this video.
    That's not Torcali that's one of Zul's warbeast Direhorns.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    That's not Torcali that's one of Zul's warbeast Direhorns.
    Oh.

Well... oof.

As much as I am saddened by the lack of appearances from the loa this expansion, I'm equally as sad that there is no brutosaur loa, would've been awesome to see a unique brutosaur loa model.

Quote Originally Posted by War-God Matt View Post
    As much as I am saddened by the lack of appearances from the loa this expansion, I'm equally as sad that there is no brutosaur loa, would've been awesome to see a unique brutosaur loa model.
    At least we got "Zuldazar Forever"
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    The big one would be Hakkar I suppose, if he even really is a loa.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The big one would be Hakkar I suppose, if he even really is a loa.
    Damn you're right I kept thinking they'd do something with him after G'huun died. I think he's definitely a loa.

I've always theorized that Hakkar ate a bunch of faceless and that's what pushed him from being a jerk to being a WORLD ENDING THREAT.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Yeah, and Mal'ganis is actually Varimathras as well. I'm sure there are other examples, plus if we take Hearthstone as an example War Master Voone is both alive and the disciple of a dead Drakkari loa, somehow.

As for the rest of the loa, really there's only so much art budget and story real estate for them, especially since Zandalar is only half of the content this expansion. I'm fine with the half-dozen loas of import we saw personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    The Loa of Tits and Wine
    The bright future of Talanji

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    This is what I've been thinking ever since I first saw just how good the brutosaur model is. There's got to be a brutosaur loa somewhere.
    I figure it died in WotA fighting demons or something similarly badass.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Zanza the Restless is a big miss
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Rezan's mommy and Mueh'zala are probably the missing important ones, and Hakkar though in the game before is now missing.

Would be cool to see the 3 have a rivalry and be the strongest 3 Loa.