Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, i actually like that they will allow embedded videos and images. That's a huge step forward for the WoW forums, no more ominous links to get rickrolled or worse

5+ Year Old Account
    The official forums are as they've been for quite some time - slow, hard to navigate and aesthetically unappealing. Come on Blizzard, it's time to lift your game!

You can only like posts, can't see any downvote button. I guess they will implement this feature really fast on the D3 forum.... nah, just kidding, they don't give a fuck about that game and its forum

Combined with that trust based allowed amount of comment rumor, this looks like the next step turning everything around Blizzard into a PC SJW safespace for mentally challenged manchilds

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    You can only like posts, can't see any downvote button. I guess they will implement this feature really fast on the D3 forum.... nah, just kidding, they don't give a fuck about that game and its forum

Combined with that trust based allowed amount of comment rumor, this looks like the next step turning everything around Blizzard into a PC SJW safespace for mentally challenged manchilds
    Yes the sky is totally falling and you're not being over the top alarmist at all. /s Sounds like you need the safespace.

The rules around the Trust system are linked in this thread, and some of them literally posted in this thread. There is no rumor; you can see the flat out facts. But you'd rather spazz and piss on Blizzard for... reasons... I guess. Talk about bad faith posting.

I can't post on it so I don't really care.

Shills. It's so funny, I never heard this word before until a couple of months ago and now everyone and his mother is using it. It went the same with fanboi, toxic, bandwagon, and so many other words, it's funny to watch that. So I guess the new meaning is "everyone that has anything positive to say about the game", right?

OT: I doubt it will change much. Those trust levels are nice, but the difference between them is too big. Only 3 levels that go from 'read 5 posts' to 'read 20.000 posts, get lots of likes, post a lot, do these 15 things' (and for little reward as well), is a bit too steep.

5+ Year Old Account
    The levels of yesmanship weren't enough for Blizz, so they are making the job easier for the claque of blizzdrones that derail every single thread with an ounce of criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The levels of yesmanship weren't enough for Blizz, so they are making the job easier for the claque of blizzdrones that derail every single thread with an ounce of criticism.
    How so? No more dislikes, limited likes and flags... seems to me it's going to be harder to derail threads.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Yes the sky is totally falling and you're not being over the top alarmist at all. /s Sounds like you need the safespace.

The rules around the Trust system are linked in this thread, and some of them literally posted in this thread. There is no rumor; you can see the flat out facts. But you'd rather spazz and piss on Blizzard for... reasons... I guess. Talk about bad faith posting.
    That forum will perfectly fit your needs. I'm happy for you

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Blizzard's announcement literally says you won't be able to post very often unless you get higher trust levels.

TLDR: They are ruining their forums, so less people post, so they don't have to pay as many CMs.

Honestly, after reading the rules for "trust levels", it sounds like a scheme to boost participation numbers. The MAUs of the forums or something like that?

Blizzard is probably doing this to appease China.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Shills. It's so funny, I never heard this word before until a couple of months ago and now everyone and his mother is using it. It went the same with fanboi, toxic, bandwagon, and so many other words, it's funny to watch that. So I guess the new meaning is "everyone that has anything positive to say about the game", right?

OT: I doubt it will change much. Those trust levels are nice, but the difference between them is too big. Only 3 levels that go from 'read 5 posts' to 'read 20.000 posts, get lots of likes, post a lot, do these 15 things' (and for little reward as well), is a bit too steep.
    Pretty much this.

Oh WoW forums are moving to Discourse also? Great news, Discourse works great on mobile and is generally much more pleasant to use.

Removing dislikes is a major improvement, studies have shown they encourage gang piles/groupthink and discourage actual conversation.

Interesting. I've never really used the official forums so I can't say it'll have too much of an effect on me. It does seem like the changes are mostly designed to help alleviate spam. I wonder if MMO-C would be interested in updating some of their tech. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wish they would. MMO-champ forums are unreadable on mobile.

Discourse is great but it is much more expensive to run, you need more hardware to support the same users and postcounts. Moving from vBulletin to Discourse I had to move from 1 CPU to 4 and 4GB ram to 16GB. So I can understand why they'd be hesitant to move.

Also note Discourse is infinite-scroll not paginated, and lots of people hate that with the fire of a thousand burning suns. So there'll be blowback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    they go into read only mode the 13th and then are supposed to have functionality like the overwatch forums.

i dont know .

there is something about "trust levels" or some ominous sounding stuff like that.

also though they are going to allow people with certain "trust levels" to embed images and memes .

i just dont know if its going to be some sort of bad thing with only blizzard shills getting those levels.
    Or just don't be a dick and post constructively? I know its hard these days with the outage culture angry at everything, but attempt to try at least. Calling people shills for daring to like a game is a bad start.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post

Yeah, they even say shills get paid, but I haven't seen a dime yet

Not really a big user of the official forums, my problem is that even if I type the eu wow website I get up the US one. That is for both forums and battle.net.

Damn they might remove my shill-status after this

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, they even say shills get paid, but I haven't seen a dime yet

Not really a big user of the official forums, my problem is that even if I type the eu wow website I get up the US one. That is for both forums and battle.net.

Damn they might remove my shill-status after this
    being a person thats positive about the game as a whole is alot different than being a shill. even positive people can agree that there are some aspects of the game that could use some real work.

being a shill is being obnoxiously generous in the leeway for blizzard on everything . including things that are very clearly just bad design.
    so much so , they stifle all constructive discussion with their own buzzwords.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    being a person thats positive about the game as a whole is alot different than being a shill. even positive people can agree that there are some aspects of the game that could use some real work.

being a shill is being obnoxiously generous in the leeway for blizzard on everything . including things that are very clearly just bad design.
    so much so , they stifle all constructive discussion with their own buzzwords.
    So I am not a shill then. Didn't get paid anyway.

I don't think it's fair that someone who loves WoW as a whole gets people so angry that they throw silly insults like that to them, in any way, even if they think everything is great or some parts of it.

People who say they like BfA get tagged as a troll from the one that doesn't like the game is also silly af. Some people just have face the fact that people like different stuff, also when it comes to games.

Sorry, going a bit off topic, though I am afraid this is highly relevant for this thread, sadly. Blizzard isn't making changes just so "shills" can have a safespot. If people hate the game and want to share their opinion on it, just do the require steps and express those feelings just like now.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Blizzard's announcement literally says you won't be able to post very often unless you get higher trust levels.

TLDR: They are ruining their forums, so less people post, so they don't have to pay as many CMs.
    I mean have you actually spent any amount of time on the official forums? Less people posting is a good thing.