Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Let's compile links of max DPS spreadsheets

There's so many caveats to get apples-to-apples comparisons, but I want to at least get within an order of magnitude of the power of different specs. I'll also take links to actual vanilla WoW screenshots on Patchwerk and throw them in the spreadsheet as well. Starting baseline:

--6-minute Patchwerk fight
    --No Naxx gear, legendaries, or AQ gong items
    --Document every buff and consumable it requires to get that DPS (Manual Crowd Pummelers for feral druids, mana runes for balance druids, etc.)
    --Most favorable race
    --Most favorable raid comp (e.g. Horde gets Windfury in their group)
    --We'll ignore threat (for now)
    --I'll make a google spreadsheet for damage using 0 debuff slots, 1 debuff slots, and 2 debuff slots

Debuffs on Boss, I need these fact-checked:
    Sunder Armor
    Thunderfury
    Deep Wounds
    Thunderclap ?
    Gift of Arthas?
    Curse of Elements
    Curse of Recklessness / Demo Shout (did the AP reduction stack)?
    Curse of Shadow
    Improved Shadowbolt?
    Shadowburn?
    Ignite
    Fireball?
    Scorch?
    Winter's Chill?
    Faerie Fire
    Insect Swarm?
    Nightfall
    Hunter's Mark
    Shadow Weaving
    Mind Flay?
    Shadow Word: Pain?
    Hemorrhage?

Buffs:
    Power Word: Fortitude
    Mark of the Wild
    Arcane Intelligence
    Battle Shout
    True Shot Aura
    Leader of the Pack
    Blessing of Kings
    Blessing of Might
    Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer / Warchief's Blessing (?)
    Spirit of Zandalar

Fengus' Ferocity
    Mol'dar's Moxie
    Slip'kik's Savvy

Elixir of the Mongoose
    (Other elixirs TBA)

Grilled Squid
    (Other food to be added)

(Flasks to be added)

I also don't know off the top of my head what the optimal specs were (like warlock was 30/21 something wasn't it?) so I'll just list all the specs

Warrior:
    Prot (Threat-per-second):
    Fury:
    Arms:

Paladin:
    Prot (threat-per-second):
    Ret:

Shaman:
    Elemental:
    Enhancement:

Hunter:
    Beast Mastery:
    Marksman:
    Survival:

Rogue: 1074, see post 3.
    Combat:
    Assassination:
    Subtlety:

Druid:
    Feral (bear): According to Taladril's spreadsheet (bottom), a Tauren Druid could do 1213 threat / second in T2.5 gear
    Feral (cat):
    Balance:

Warlock:
    Affliction:
    Destruction:
    Demon Mastery:

Mage:
    Fire:
    Frost:
    Arcane:

Priest:
    Shadow:

I'll start with this spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...E6Hub/pubhtml#

Results:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Screenshots:
    Patchwerk:
    https://youtu.be/pS1zaSjdqsA
    Lilos does 1200 DPS as fury

Noth:
    https://imgur.com/a/7PvhXDW
    Rogue Rogue Rogue Warrior Rogue Warrior Mage Warrior Mage Mage Warrior Mage Mage Warlock Shadow Priest Hunter

Grobbulus with a warlock on top:
    https://imgur.com/a/aRZYBWU
    Last edited by garicasha; 2018-11-27 at 05:26 AM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

What's the point in this?
    All this whould be diffrent on whichever private server you test it on.
    It's very likely none of this be representative of WoW:Classic once it goes live.

Ok, according to this:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

A rogue with
    Ancient Qiraji Ripper (Crusader, Instant Poison 6)
    Ravencrest's Legacy (+15 agility, IP6) (Absurdly optimistic as this is the reward from banging the AQ gong.)
    Striker's Mark
    Deathdealer's Helm
    Prestor's Talisman of Connivery
    Deathdealer's Spaulders
    Deathdealer's Vest (+4 stats)
    Belt of Never-Ending Agony
    Deathdealer's Leggings
    Deathdealer's Boots
    Qiraji Execution Bracers (+9 strength)
    Gloves of Enforcement (+15 agi)
    Cloak of Firemaw (+3 Agi)
    Signet Ring of the Bronze Dragon
    Band of Accuria
    Hand of Justice
    Drake Fang Talisman

Human, with Fortitude, Mark of the Wild, Battle Shout, True Shot Aura, Leader of the Pack, Elixir of the Mongoose, Grilled Squid, Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might, Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer, Fengus' Ferocity, Mol'dar's Moxie, and Spirit of Zandalar can do

1074.83 DPS with a 19/26/5 build. (Which adds up to 50, but didn't toons get 51 talent points?)

The spreadsheet is interesting because it has both the name of a popular private server in it as well as changelogs from 2006, so it was at least based on actual vanilla.

I want to change out the off-hand for the second-best item (that's not from the Timeless Cache) but I need someone that knows the details of rogues way better than I do.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2018-11-10 at 05:50 PM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    The spreadsheet is interesting because it has both the name of a popular private server
    Be careful with that.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ate-servers***
    there should be no reason to discuss, call by name, link to, or anything else that has to do with private servers.

Deleted
    Assume any data taken from private servers is wrong. It is similar to actual data, but not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulatomten View Post
    What's the point in this?
    All this whould be diffrent on whichever private server you test it on.
    It's very likely none of this be representative of WoW:Classic once it goes live.
    why? it's just numbers.

How would we possibly get this information? Classic isn't out yet and there's no documentation regarding all this stuff for vanilla.

I've continued searching a little every day. It's been tough to find balance druid info but using google's custom search date filter at least when I find something I know it's actually from vanilla. (1/1/2004 to 12/1/2006 if you want to avoid patch 2.0)

One website listed this for Balance Druid AQ40 BiS: Note that they have to be tailors for bloodvine and since balance druids got no spell hit from talents their DPS in raids before more spell hit items were available is especially low.

Lok'amir il Romathis
    Royal Scepter of Vek'lor

Mish'undare, Circlet of the Mind Flayer
    Amulet of Vek'nilash
    Mantle of the Blackwing Cabal
    Bloodvine Vest
    Cloak of the Devoured
    Rockfury Bracers
    Dark Storm Gauntlets
    Eyestalk Waist Cord
    Bloodvine Leggings
    Bloodvine Boots
    Ring of the Fallen God
    Ritssyn's Ring of Chaos
    Neltharion's Tear
    Briarwood Reed

Here's a hunter PoV on Patchwerk that is surprisingly high resolution. Sadly there's no DPS meter, but the guy's chat log is spamming his window with all the hits from Patchwerk on the tanks so you can see those really clearly. Also they have Patchwerk at 3% when he enrages at 7 minutes so the fight definitely goes the distance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InrowKVl0Mk

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    How would we possibly get this information? Classic isn't out yet and there's no documentation regarding all this stuff for vanilla.
    Assuming classic will use the same numbers in regards to attack tables, damage values etc then what's the problem with using old sheets from vanilla, or even private servers for that matter? As far as I know, the only currently contested points regarding this would currently be:

- Proc rates for various items. Some items simply wasnt tested enough in vanilla to know them for sure.
    - 8.6% vs 9% base miss for melee attacks.
    - Linear vs exponential curve of weapon skill in the ranges of 300-315
    - (some) debate regarding 310 being the cap vs 315 (although most seem to agree 315 to be the actual one).
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    why? it's just numbers.
    Because they can have inconsistencies, for example on that one big Pserver that got this classic ball rolling, Paladin's consecrate scaled with attack power very aggressively, it ain't supposed to scale with AP at all.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Assuming classic will use the same numbers in regards to attack tables, damage values etc then what's the problem with using old sheets from vanilla, or even private servers for that matter? As far as I know, the only currently contested points regarding this would currently be:

- Proc rates for various items. Some items simply wasnt tested enough in vanilla to know them for sure.
    - 8.6% vs 9% base miss for melee attacks.
    - Linear vs exponential curve of weapon skill in the ranges of 300-315
    - (some) debate regarding 310 being the cap vs 315 (although most seem to agree 315 to be the actual one).
    How about resistance and armor values on bosses? That has a huge impact on DPS.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Because they can have inconsistencies, for example on that one big Pserver that got this classic ball rolling, Paladin's consecrate scaled with attack power very aggressively, it ain't supposed to scale with AP at all.
    The important tidbit here being past-tense. I believe it doesnt anymore on any (serious) private, blizzlike-vanilla servers. Due to the amounts of research having been done the past 10-or-so years the current day 2018-private servers are alot more accurate than the original private server Mangos-core derived from TBC 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    How about resistance and armor values on bosses? That has a huge impact on DPS.
    I was under the impression that these where already known as a matter of fact due to extensive testing done back in the day. I could ofcourse be wrong.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

15+ Year Old Account
    Judgement of Wisdom can increase DPS output duration for mana consuming classes.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    There is a video from vanilla wow where fury warrior did 1550 dps on patchwerk,warriors were THE best dps with bis gear

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
    There is a video from vanilla wow where fury warrior did 1550 dps on patchwerk,warriors were THE best dps with bis gear
    Lilos actually did 1235 DPS on Patchwerk. The 1550dps is a mis-quote. 1550 is where he peaked with Deathwish/Recklessness. Even still, impressive numbers for its time.

EDIT: I'd like to add that the record has been beaten on private vanilla servers now.

Geez wasnt 1200 DPS Sunwell levels?

5+ Year Old Account
    Nah, more like T5-content levels. As a warrior in TBC I would be doing about 2k dps on Brutallus in Sunwell. Our Glaive rogues would be around 2.4k dps iirc. You have to remember that Vanilla had absolutely REDICULOUS worldbuff and consumable stacking far more than TBC ever did.

These spreadsheets list idols for druids and librams for Paladins?? That was TBC not vanilla - great research guys!

The spreadsheet model of doing things is a really primitive way of estimating dps compared to tools like simcraft, Vanilla theorycrafting was super primitive too. TBC theorycrafting was also primitive, people were still figuring how the game worked out when the WOTLK 3.0 prepatch was on the PTR, of course people had a good general idea but it was nothing like how fast people cling on to the inner workings of the game today.

If you had a full BIS level raid with optimised consumables/cooldown usage in Sunwell you're looking at closer to 3000 dps+, on progression 1700-2400 dps.

This is a good example video, though it's not nearly a full BIS raid and of course some classes aren't represented. A Warglaive Fury Warrior given the benefit of the right buffs/group would put out incredible dps but Warglaive Fury Warriors were relatively rare and the best comps preferred just a single Arms Warrior (Not amazing personal dps but 4% physical damage debuff) while group boosting the hunters, being boosted by raid comp in TBC was crucial for personal dps.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-11-13 at 11:15 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

MAIN DEBUFFS

1.Sunder Armor
    2. Thunderfury
    3. Thunderfury (Yes it used two slots)
    4. Curse of Elements
    5. Curse of Recklessness
    6. Curse of Shadow
    7. Improved Shadowbolt
    9. Nightfall

Up next are more raid dependant debuffs

10. Scorch / Winter's Chill (We had all mages playing the same spec to reduce debuff count)
    11. Ignite (if you had fire mages)
    12. Shadow Weaving

So that leaves 4-5 debuff slots leftover for other things

Hard hitting bosses required Thunder Clap
    But after that we kinda gave everyone a chance, so on some fights warlocks could get corruption up, on others we let warriors have deep wounds etc...