Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's "play destiny 2" week, where the previous one was "push" week. Simple as that :P Just do one +14/15 (even not in time) for weekly + key for next week and you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by TorikSAn View Post
    If you CC someone you have to go out of LOS from CCed mob and get back only to recontrol if needed.
    Isn't that very hard in quite a few dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Teeming = try finally using that CC button.

Explosive = LoS and learn to target swap

the more mobs you try to pull the more orbs that spawn.

there are ragnaros and nemesis players that have a big enough brain to cruise through this..... do you?
    Says the guy who has never finished higher than a M2, lmao.

It's more that the combo is not fun. There's tons of trash that takes ages to kill and that you have to pull slowly while constantly changing targets, and then the bosses fall over more easily than the minibosses. As Arms I'm fine since it means tons of War Machine procs but I feel the pain of, say, Aff Locks or UH DKs.

It's still not as hard or annoying as Grievous/Sanguine weeks.

I did a +10 freehold this week and it was pretty easy. You can tab target the explosive affix and kill them in 1-2 attacks. The individuals having issues with teeming are probably face pulling too many groups, not CCing, or not using invis pots to get past certain packs.

Meh, I think talking about specific affixes shift the conversation towards details that don't matter.

Overall most people just don't like hard dungeons, so whatever ends up being harder will be bad. Especially if it disproportionately affects only some classes. The difficulty curve in BfA is harsher than Legion because we get Fortified or Tyrannical at level 2 as an extra affix, so all the dungeons have more affixes and more difficulty at all levels.

The bigger isue is that mythic+ is a speedrun. Anything that slows down the pace feels contrary to the point of running the dungeon fast, therefore most people dislike being forced to slow down. The term "difficulty" only matters in relationship of how much it slows down the pace. Enemies having tons of HP or effects that don't let you pull big packs are way more annoying than hard-hitting mechanics.

Randomizing affixes is not inherently a bad thing for the sake of variety. It's forcing you to slow down that feels not fun.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2018-11-14 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Meh, I think talking about specific affixes shift the conversation towards details that don't matter.

Overall most people just don't like hard dungeons, so whatever ends up being harder will be bad. Especially if it disproportionately affects only some classes. The difficulty curve in BfA is harsher than Legion because we get Fortified or Tyrannical at level 2 as an extra affix, so all the dungeons have more affixes and more difficulty at all levels.

The bigger isue is that mythic+ is a speedrun. Anything that slows down the pace feels contrary to the point of running the dungeon fast, therefore most people dislike being forced to slow down. The term "difficulty" only matters in relationship of how much it slows down the pace. Enemies having tons of HP or effects that don't let you pull big packs are way more annoying than hard-hitting mechanics.

Randomizing affixes is not inherently a bad thing for the sake of variety. It's forcing you to slow down that feels not fun.
    Exactly, i dont know who had that magnificent idea to add tyrannical and Fortified to +2 or what community pushed for it. I just know that i dont dare take my tank and healer alt to any m+ since i feel i would screw up big time and ppl will hate me for it lol

Anyway, i feel like m+ are heavier and consumes more time compared to Legion, i dont get to do more than 2 or 3 in a week before i get bored or tired, and the rewards arent that much exciting ilvl wise.
    Last edited by Daevied; 2018-11-14 at 05:10 PM.

I guess I just don't like the tightness of it all. It seems even this many months later I am finishing keys with like 1 minute to spare or seconds.
    That's just not fun. If I wanted stress levels like that - I go do arenas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Exactly, i dont know who had that magnificent idea to add tyrannical and Fortified to +2 or what community pushed for it. I just know that i dont dare take my tank and healer alt to any m+ since i feel i would screw up big time and ppl will hate me for it lol

Anyway, i feel like m+ are heavier and consumes more time compared to Legion, i dont get to do more than 2 or 3 in a week before i get bored or tired, and the rewards arent that much exciting ilvl wise.
    This is what I've complained about since day one of these... moving the affixes that only came at a +10 to +2? And what that really means is by the time you are on a +10 - that means the fortified is like fortified x 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post

Dungeons are longer in BfA. Most Legion dungeon timers were in the 20s and BfA are all in the 30s. Turning a 25 minute run up to 35 minutes is a 40% increase in length, which is very large.

there are ragnaros and nemesis players that have a big enough brain to cruise through this
    Citation needed.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

This combo is a nightmare to pug as a healer I feel so helpless.

Did they buff the explosives from last time? It takes 2-3 globals to kill one.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    An affliction warlock can spec to destruction and be one of the best specs for dealing with orbs. A warlock and a tank is all that you need for dealing with all of the orbs that spawn (wherever they may be). This isn't legion anymore to be stuck with one spec.
    How do you think Destro is good at orbs again? We can

A: Use a conflag on one (assuming you have a charge of it!)

or

B: Double cast immolate

Oh boy, such good at orbs! For reference, incinerate doesn't hit orbs.

Teeming = try finally using that CC button.

Explosive = LoS and learn to target swap

the more mobs you try to pull the more orbs that spawn.

there are ragnaros and nemesis players that have a big enough brain to cruise through this..... do you?
    Just do mechanics 4Head

Also who cares M+ is useless now anyway unless you like vendoring shit every week

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is the real problem with Explosive is that 'critter' types of mobs/adds also trigger them.
    Like tunnel in Told Dagor or Underrot Second and last boss and no, you can not always LOS them.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Did they buff the explosives from last time? It takes 2-3 globals to kill one.
    They always took 1-2 globals.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    They always took 1-2 globals.
    Maybe it's different on my DH. I could 1shot them with almost every ability on my Paladin
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    How do you think Destro is good at orbs again?
    Try speccing Shadowburn. Its CD resets on an orb kill, so it's an easily spammable kill shot. One, or at most two, takes care of orbs just fine.

This week is one that that has always sucked, mainly just the combo of teeming and fortified, explosive is pretty simple. There are a few reasons you are seeing more affix complaints this expack. First off, so many people last expansion just never did high keys, so they never saw Fortified/Tyrannical, moving that affix onto every single M+ key was a dumb decision by Blizzard. The other thing, is that an affix like Sanguine, which was pretty free all of Legion, all of a sudden in BFA is kind of a pain in the ass in a lot of dungeons do to a bunch of VERY cramped dungeons. For example, Sanguine in Tol Dagor or Waycrest is just obnoxious.

Explosive always makes it harder to get into groups as affliction warlock aka the only toon I got.