Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly I don’t watch any at all, wow is a game better played than watched... wait does Guild Grumps count?

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Asmongold is the only one i've seen that isn't a ball washer / apologist for Blizzard (like towellie for instance) but also isn't a clickbait retard (like HeelvsBabyface for instance)
    Theres plenty of people like him, but only Asmongold has actual influence. The rest are just random plebs like myself
    Hahahahahahahahahahah that's why he became Blizz's bitch at blizzcon.... nice meme friend.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomAgony View Post
    Myself, I dont need others to tell me how I should feel about the game, or if I enjoy it or not
    ^ Exactly that, no one can tell me what to enjoy in WoW, every ppl have their likes and dislikes about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    That fact that there are so many people saying Asmongold makes me sad... The WoW community is just such a cesspool now. I guess he kind of reflects that though, however.
    Indeed. Then again, seeing who these people elect to the highest political offices IRL, why are we surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    Your argument against Asmon and for Tali and Evi is so bad, and so clearly makes you out to be the bad guy, that I can't help but suspect you're a false flag.

People, myself included, don't dislike Tali and Evi because they're "positive". I dislike them because they're really spectacularly dishonest, and kind of treat people who disagree with them like garbage, but they do it with an upbeat tone while pretending they have a moral high ground so people don't notice so much.

Kind of like how you just referred to people liking Asmongold as indicative of the community being a "cesspool". You're insulting people and starting a fight where none existed. You're treating people like dirt. But since you do so under the imagined pretense of being above them, you get to brush it off like you aren't the pouring the toxicity into the community yourself.
    It's been an observation, watching people who trash T&E in MMO-Champion and on Twitter. You look through their post history, and all I see is a bunch of Asmongold praise and fanservice. That isn't always the case, but it is most of the time. They attract two completely different kind of viewers.

If you think T&E treat people like garbage, you've got issues. There are very few content creators as non-toxic and fair as T&E. You can't go 5 minutes in an Asmongold stream without him targeting some group and saying "Fuck 'em!" I mean seriously, you have to be joking.

Asmongold's community is a cesspool. There isn't really any debating it. It's as obvious a fact as climate change, that the planet is round and that gravity exists. If me calling Asmongold and his community toxic is in itself toxic, firstly I think you're probably uneducated because me making an accurate observation is just that - an observation. Secondly, if you can't call Asmongold toxic... well, by those standards... no one is toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    It saddens me so many people actually have people to answer with..
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Kungen
    2. Devai
    3. Woundman

Bellular of course.

He is polite, neat, knows how to behave, he doesn't use hard language, he doesn't need to use clickbait titles, always digs deep while analyzing stuff. He always has his facts checked (often numbers) to support or backup his claims or theories. I really like his humble attitude and I am also giving him a special credit for recently becoming a game developer himself.

His studio looks tidy and always cleaned up and you don't have to suffer from the feeling that he has to swim in literal garbage in order to film a single video.

He also doesn't look like he's a 50 year old dad who puts on a beanie just to look like a really overgrown teenager.

Taliesin and Evitel are my favorite youtube duo as well, but I watch their content for mostly entertaining purposes. Taliesin has some serious clairvoyant ability when it comes to predictions of WoW's future.

I watched TradeChat with Panser because I like her dramatic cinematic reaction videos. But I feel she kind of can't keep up with the others atm.

Asmongold & McConnell, Nixxiom, Preach, Pilav, Esfand & Classic Cast.

1.Preach
    2.Asmon
    3.Fatboss
    4.Nixxiom
    5.Az

Bell, T&E, Bay and others are too shilly to my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I know its an act but Asmon is so toxic.
    So you know its an act but you're going to pretend its real anyway? Are you okay?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahah that's why he became Blizz's bitch at blizzcon.... nice meme friend.
    What're you even talking about?

So you know its an act but you're going to pretend its real anyway? Are you okay?
    If you 'act' 100% of the time, is it still an act?

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    If you 'act' 100% of the time, is it still an act?
    The reason you know it is an act is because you've seen him not like - a lot, actually. You've seen it in virtually every one of his youtube videos, as well as most of his Twitch clips.

So saying '100%' when you quite clearly reveal that you don't think it is, is pretty stupid to begin with. But adding on your potential motive for lying to yourself (and others) about your thoughts is even more stupid. I can't nail down your specific motive for doing it, but judging from the typical Asmongold hater's perspective, its likely because he is a neckbeard or that he is popular. Probably both.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    Influencer is such a retarded word for this.
    Influencer is retarded overall. Media shits on YouTubers claiming that they don't have a real job while at the same time puts Instagram and twitter "influencers" on a pedestal.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Taliesin and Evitel
    2) Bellular
    3) SoulSoBreezy
    4) Kelani

I wouldn't call them "influencers", though. I look for their analysis of the current WoW-related news, for angles of view that I didn't think about myself.

Influencers. Fucking lulz @ that stupid fucking label. I seriously cannot believe this is what media/reporting has become.

On topic: For me, I guess it depends on what you mean by "honest".
    Is your idea of honesty "doling out critique that bounces off of your echochamber"? Or are you referring to actual objective reporting about a game / design choice / art style? I'm betting it's not the latter.

That said, they all annoy me to some degree. Most of the more popular streamers just bitch about the internet complaint du jour regarding WoW, and it gets really old after a while . Bellular is the worst for me, because I feel like he should know better being a game dev. I almost can't wait for his game to release, just so I can see people to make the same comments about his design choices that he makes about WoW. Curious to see how he handles it.

The only one that I really enjoy, though, is Az (HeelvsBabyface). I don't always agree with him but he's entertaining. Dude makes me laugh.

Edit: Kelani is pretty cool, and Hayven was pretty awesome before he passed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smrtby View Post
    Same as this. Asmon is very blunt in giving his thoughts, but isn't just a whiner or a clickbaiter. He doesn't hand-wave away obviously bad things Blizzard are doing so he can stay in their good graces. When he's negative it's because he genuinely thinks Blizzard are doing something wrong, and he goes against his audience on a lot of things.
    A lot of other streamers/youtubers just say what either Blizzard or their audience wants them to say.
    Even though I'm not a fan of him, I do respect him for not taking shit and not being a shill.

Me, I like Bellular because he goes the extra mile with explanations and and is not a condescending cock when it comes to various subjects in WoW or classic vs modern.

Kelani is pleasant to listen to sometimes as well.

The only one that actually influenced me for a couple years was Ming back when I mained my rogue the last year of classic and the first year of TBC. I liked reading his crazy stories on his website and watching his BRM gank videos.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The reason you know it is an act is because you've seen him not like - a lot, actually. You've seen it in virtually every one of his youtube videos, as well as most of his Twitch clips.

So saying '100%' when you quite clearly reveal that you don't think it is, is pretty stupid to begin with. But adding on your potential motive for lying to yourself (and others) about your thoughts is even more stupid. I can't nail down your specific motive for doing it, but judging from the typical Asmongold hater's perspective, its likely because he is a neckbeard or that he is popular. Probably both.
    Obviously I don't watch many of his videos. Yet, from what I have seen, I can clearly state it was 100% toxic and instigating toxic behavior.
    I don't even know what you mean by 'neckbeard', maybe you should explain.

Definately Preach and Asmongold. They advocate for the most basic and most important things in an MMORPG, which are:
    a) Variety of content that reflects both skill and commitment of people participating, which gives players a feeling of accomplishment when they earn some actual feat of strength,
    b) Making the game balanced and fun environment without cheap hookups involving RNG as the driving factor for replayability.

All these WoW Influencers, OP calls them, are making money out of this, so they really can't be toxic about all these issues, or else they would turn into a "persona non grata" for Blizzard. So they need to do videos that satisfy them and at the same time their public and their sponsors (patreon?) that give them real life money that pays their bills. They probably want to remain in this industry so they need to be diplomatic and captivate the public at the same time.

From the current existing ones, I like watching Bellular and Taliesin & Wife, but sometimes they all just talk too much, probably to keep the 15/20 minimum format required from their sponsors.

Taliesin is quite in funny, but many times he exagerates while trying to find arguments to defend Blizzard, so his videos are a bit too pro-Blizzard. Bellular is more neutral and is in the gaming business, so he is promoting himself in the gaming business and doing wow fans a service. He says criticisms when he feels it is important for the game. So i like watching both of them, even to compare the two different approaches and compare them with my own opinion.

PS: Bellular must urgently do a hair treatment, or soon he will end up with nothing
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-11-15 at 02:39 PM.