Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    This answer made me laugh..

"Part of making an alt can be having a fresh set of goals and rewards to pursue once you’re starting to run out of accessible goals on your main" in regard to rep.

Doing rep on an alt is not fresh and new.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Blizzard, give us a currency system. Let us earn a currency that we can then use to buy Titanforging upgrades for a piece of gear, the same way you did back in Mists of Pandaria. It doesn't feel good to run your face into the wall repeatedly hoping that RNG will grant you what you want, it DOES feel good being able to earn that upgrade over days or weeks of work.
    This, hundred times over! Way better solution which would fix the problem of lacking some gear to kill a boss without having to relay on rng, which was never good, and it would give me an actual reason to do raids again. Also, should remove sockets being random as well, this is as bad as wf/tf in my opinion. Let players be again on the same playfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Translation: 'MOMMY THAT BOY'S PIECE OF BIRTHDAY CAKE IS BIGGER THAN MINE!!!!"

Did you kick your feet and throw yourself on the ground when the warrior got that drop, too?
    Wrong. When I was not raiding the highest diff I was never jealous of other player's gear, because I knew he has earned it by doing the hardest content in game. Which made me wanting to do the same, so I could have the same gear as he does.

Being blessed by rng doesn't feel good in an mmorpg game, it doesn't feel like I have earned it, it could have never happened, it means I was just more lucky than the other guy doing the same thing I do. You might get that Pog feel for like 2 sec, but other than that it feels bad long term. Missing the time when gear progression mattered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    Lol this such complete crap. It ruins your sense of progression because you got a piece of gear to titanforge to mythic level in non mythic content? This community is so dramatic it's borderline insanity. How many gear slots do you have? If your running mythic content regularly (raid) how many titanforged pieces from low level content are as good as the mythic pieces you've obtained? One slot? Two if your extremely lucky? That ruins the game for you?
    I went from the best geared player on my server at the end of cata to not even being able to get a full bis gear at the end of mop, and I have killed Garrosh/cleared raid for at least 40 times on the hardest difficulty. At least in cata I knew for what I was working for, now I don't, which kills my sense of progression and fun in the same way.

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

Players: Hey, why you punish players who want to specc their character to any specific situation using the Azerite system?
    Blizzard: See, Azerite is an armor that has talents in them. You can select several talents for your specc and then pay gold to re-select them. Next question!

That question dodging is epic.

Deleted
    I know nobody gives a shit but I've been playing WoW since the very beginning... and although I've not really liked it in recent years (since WoD), I've always hoped that it'd just had a few bad moments and that it'd come back around with a few fixes etc... but that Titanforging being here to stay has kinda put the final nail in the coffin for me. What a shame. Thank goodness we have classic to look forward to for a real RPG experience.

"The achievements that require a certain number of Exalted reputations will now aggregate progress across your entire account."

Does anyone know if this will be retroactive?

Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    "The achievements that require a certain number of Exalted reputations will now aggregate progress across your entire account."

Does anyone know if this will be retroactive?
    I am not sure how you mean, you just go on all your characters and any new ones it adds to the tally. If it's a reputation on a character you deleted or so, yeah that one will not be count. Same as what happened with BfA when you had to login all of em to get your new Honor ranking.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai182 View Post
    I know nobody gives a shit but I've been playing WoW since the very beginning... and although I've not really liked it in recent years (since WoD), I've always hoped that it'd just had a few bad moments and that it'd come back around with a few fixes etc... but that Titanforging being here to stay has kinda put the final nail in the coffin for me. What a shame. Thank goodness we have classic to look forward to for a real RPG experience.
    I couldn't agree more. He is a shiny piece of gear you didn't work for. M+ and Titanforging have ruined the game.

Do you have plans to make more reputation rewards account-wide?

We feel that it’s important for characters to retain a certain element of distinct progression. Part of making an alt can be having a fresh set of goals and rewards to pursue once you’re starting to run out of accessible goals on your main, so we don’t make reputation globally account-wide. But some players feel compelled to re-earn reputations in a way that’s frustrating and we want to do what we can to help alleviate their specific concerns. We’re addressing some of that in Tides of Vengeance:

-- So...what I want to know is...who the hell makes an alt with having to level reputations again as a goal?
    Answer: Nobody.

Just another b/s excuse to not make reputation account-wide. Nobody wants to have to continuously re-level reputation on every single alt they make.

So basically "we hear you, we just don't give a shit about your opinion. But to avoid you being more whiny, we'll tell you we'll keep listening while ignoring you and doing WTF we want because some of you people will keep playing no matter what we do anyways".

They have no incentive to listen. I'm glad I haven't renewed my sub. We'll see how 8.1 goes.. but I doubt I'll come back from that. Their heads seem suck up their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    I am not sure how you mean, you just go on all your characters and any new ones it adds to the tally. If it's a reputation on a character you deleted or so, yeah that one will not be count. Same as what happened with BfA when you had to login all of em to get your new Honor ranking.
    ret·ro·ac·tive /ˌretrōˈaktiv/
    adjective
    adjective: retroactive

taking effect from a date in the past

I think maybe you answered the question, but I'm not sure.

Titanforging is a fucking rubbish system, I hate it and am really disappointed to hear that it is here to stay. There's nothing good about bis trinkets for mythic raid dropping from anywhere other than mythic raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai182 View Post
    Exactly the same feeling man. It is so sad to see them defending rng so much. I did not expect this answer at all. Seems they never learn.. See you in classic
    12 year rogue player!

Nice questions you got there. Fucking pet battles and new players being overwhelmed by content... must have been the same scuffed Hugo from Lost who said that Red Shirt Diablo Guy was inappropriate.

ขอบคุณสำหรับข้อมูลดีๆค่ะ

ขอบคุณสำหรับข้อมูลดีๆค่ะ Ufabet

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    Retail is Dead.
    Long live Classic!!!
    Hmm..you DO know that Retail and classic are the same game right? Personally, i can't really get into a game area that I played 13 years ago. But that's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    Yeah I'm done with this shitshow of a game now. Bring on Classic.
    Why not just play on a classic server then?

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    What a stubborn... he will really drive wow to the bottom..

Also, when I make a new alt, I am not doing it to grind reputations... I make it to have a different playstyle/combat/role than my main... dont pretend you care about my goals, you only care about my sub which you think you will extend with no account-wide reps... (you actually ended my sub dude, thank god classic is releasing... although I am still nervous about your ability to ruin it)
    So, let me try to understand, you said that they are undermining your capacity to bring your alt to a level where you can switch between your alt and your main with your friends, being raiding, m+ or whatever. And no account-wide reps are also a reason.

Then you said "thanks god classic is releasing", ok, I did not play classic but help me here, as far as I've heard whatever you are complaining about alts CAN'T be better in classic. You still don't have account-wide reps, the progress of your character is way slower and by no means alt friendly.

I don't dislike WF/TF, but I agree it scales a lot, it should be at best 10+ ilvl and that being rare. You can gear up pretty fast and that actually helps your alts a lot...

What I mean is, your post makes no sense. If you want to go to classic because BFA is not "alt-friendly" I don't understand. If you want to go to classic because you want a more hardcore and rewarding experience for investing a lot of time then you are surely doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    So, let me try to understand, you said that they are undermining your capacity to bring your alt to a level where you can switch between your alt and your main with your friends, being raiding, m+ or whatever. And no account-wide reps are also a reason.

Then you said "thanks god classic is releasing", ok, I did not play classic but help me here, as far as I've heard whatever you are complaining about alts CAN'T be better in classic. You still don't have account-wide reps, the progress of your character is way slower and by no means alt friendly.

I don't dislike WF/TF, but I agree it scales a lot, it should be at best 10+ ilvl and that being rare. You can gear up pretty fast and that actually helps your alts a lot...

What I mean is, your post makes no sense. If you want to go to classic because BFA is not "alt-friendly" I don't understand. If you want to go to classic because you want a more hardcore and rewarding experience for investing a lot of time then you are surely doing the right thing.
    Retail has transmog, classic not. The reason people ask for account wide reps are for transmogs reason and some extra utilities (Like the boat vehicle from MoP anglers where you can fish from the boat). In classic you dont have to care about such things. In Retail, 1 character cannot unlock transmogs for all others, so its kind of trolling that they said "we hear you" and that they will make transmog you get with 1 character "account wide".

Second, yes alts are better in classic, because there is no time gating on what you try to achieve. In retail, I can only do 7-8 WQs per day and hope for the emossary if I want to get rep with a faction. In Classic, I just grind mobs and items.

In retail for example, think you have a warrior and a mage. You log in with your warrior Monday to Satarday and play 1 hour each day (total 6 hours). Then on Sunday you log with your mage alt and play 8 hours straight because is your free day. Warrior will be by far more advanced and progressed than your mage even if your mage has 2 more hours gameplay. Not only in reputations, but in Artifact power, gold and gear too.

In Classic, your mage will be more advanced than your warrior, because he played 2 more hours, period. That for me is alt friendly. It is also Freedom to do whatever I want with my time, rather than get tunneled into specific tasks.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Retail has transmog, classic not. The reason people ask for account wide reps are for transmogs reason and some extra utilities (Like the boat vehicle from MoP anglers where you can fish from the boat). In classic you dont have to care about such things. In Retail, 1 character cannot unlock transmogs for all others, so its kind of trolling that they said "we hear you" and that they will make transmog you get with 1 character "account wide".

Second, yes alts are better in classic, because there is no time gating on what you try to achieve. In retail, I can only do 7-8 WQs per day and hope for the emossary if I want to get rep with a faction. In Classic, I just grind mobs and items.

In retail for example, think you have a warrior and a mage. You log in with your warrior Monday to Satarday and play 1 hour each day (total 6 hours). Then on Sunday you log with your mage alt and play 8 hours straight because is your free day. Warrior will be by far more advanced and progressed than your mage even if your mage has 2 more hours gameplay. Not only in reputations, but in Artifact power, gold and gear too.

In Classic, your mage will be more advanced than your warrior, because he played 2 more hours, period. That for me is alt friendly. It is also Freedom to do whatever I want with my time, rather than get tunneled into specific tasks.
    hmmm I understand then, thanks for the info! did not see it that way at all ^^

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    hmmm I understand then, thanks for the info! did not see it that way at all ^^
    No worries thanks too for understanding!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    On one hand, the breadth and depth of World of Warcraft is one of the game’s strengths. A new player entering Azeroth gets access to fourteen years of content, with entire worlds to explore and stories to unravel. But that same content can also be a daunting. Including a character boost with our recent expansions is one way of making sure that players can always leap directly into the latest and greatest content, but that’s far from a complete solution.

We’re taking a fresh look at our new player experience, with the goal of making it better reflect the quality and scope of the modern game. That’s a long-term project, but it’s an essential one as many brand-new players try out WoW for the first time every way, and we want to make sure we’re welcoming them into Azeroth and really showing off everything that is awesome about World of Warcraft.
    I have to admit that I find it quite impressive in how talented Blizzard is at avoiding answering questions.

Essentially, Blizzard is saying that they really want to make it so that they can keep the overwhelming amount of content for current players to slog through to keep them playing excessively on new alts without pushing away potential new players because of how tedious and long the leveling experience is.

Strangely enough, they can't find a viable solution... go figure!