Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If I was able to raise $400,000 to make a potato salad, I would be starting one right now.
    Well he raised $55,000, that's pretty good too no?

$55,492
    pledged of $10 goal
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Well he raised $55,000, that's pretty good too no?

$55,492
    pledged of $10 goal
    Damn, that's cheaper and easier than winning the lottery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, that's cheaper and easier than winning the lottery.
    The internet was really inspired by his quest for potato salad
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I read the OP and it says the couple defrauded the homeless guy out of the $400,000. Well he only got $75,000 of it.

They said, 'sure we'll handle your money for you.' And then they took it. This is an old story.

The OP title is inaccurate.
    It's becoming exceedingly obvious you don't actually read the story, including the ones you actually post yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if he was actually homeless, shit I'd do the same. I mean the guy was still living on the street. Whether he's an outrageously kind person or not, he still needed the money. Basically, the couple are pieces of shit, and the guy made some bad but understandable choices.

So... to sum it up:

1. It was made up by the 3 of them from the start, the story and everything
    2. They got a shitload of money, likely more than they first expected and they got greedy.
    3. Homeless guy wanted more of his "share", and they ended up turning on eachother
    4. Good chance they had gotten away with it, if they did not turn against each other and kept the story alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/15/us/co...dme/index.html

I remember when this story first came out last year. Later on it was revealed that the couple were scumbags who were hoarding the donations. Now it turns out all 3 people involved are scumbags.
    They should have to pay every penny back!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a big reason why I'm extremely hesitant to donate to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    If they'd just given him half of it it probably would have never come to light, unless his addiction got the better of him where he threw them under the bus when they wouldn't fork more over. They were extra greedy.
    Yup, I doubt the homeless dude really cares about what trouble he could get into given well, he is homeless. Their greed ruined the whole scheme.

Deleted
    This has the making of a movie

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I'd be more shocked if any of these fundraisers turned out to be true.
    its disturbing the amount a "charity" is legally required to actually donate to a cause, and still be able to claim charity status in regards to things like taxes. I think the min required is 10% of funds raised, but many states have that boosted to 22%, which is still a disturbingly low percentage of money being pocketed by those who it was actually intended for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How about all the money this dumb bitch got https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford
    damn, half a million more than what she was asking. good for her on the hustle. i hope she dies in a swarm of starving rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I really don't understand donating to anything that isn't local.
    Reflecting back on my less-than-reputable younger days, it's insanely easy to fleece people's money by tugging on their heartstrings. When it comes to emotional situations or depictions, people tend to suspend reason and rely on emotional responses. Happens locally with panhandlers, happens nationally with politics, it happens everywhere in between: people are fed emotional, dramatic, or tragic stories in order to separate them from their stuff. Doesn't have to be someone trying to get cash out of your wallet, either, it's generally just a reliable method of manipulating people into doing or believing something that isn't true. Solution: always be skeptical of anything, especially if you automatically believe or find yourself emotionally invested in something.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

This is just more reason not to trust any charity.
    Always check and double check:

Deleted
    the whole platform is a panhandling scam. These retards got 400k and they couldn't even keep it together. shit hustlers.

funny how the homeless man’s greed exposed it all haha

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    funny how the homeless man’s greed exposed it all haha
    He only got 75k not really greed.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He only got 75k not really greed.
    how much he actually got is disputed I thought? And even taking 75k as true it’s 75k vs potentially nothing and prison time if they were to be exposed (which is what happened apparently). How did he expect the couple to respond?! Did he really think they would just defend his lawsuit (where he’d have very likely prevailed) without exposing his role in the conspiracy? He’s either very greedy or very baïve.

People like this need to be put down. Using someone who has lost everything and has hit rock bottom...

Evil exists.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, it's cases like this that will give gofundme a bad name and make people think twice before donating in the future. As usual, the rats in society have to try to ruin it for everyone else by taking advantage of people's good nature.
    Wait until the Star Citizen case...
    Still not tired of winning.