Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    Check the stock, Activision Blizzard is dying. https://www.google.nl/search?q=blizzard+stock. I think the company will go bankrupt somewhere in 2019-2020.
    I'm guessing you don't know much about the stock market. Where its at now is slightly lower than it was a year ago, which is still 3 times what it was 5 years ago.

But then this is already proven wrong, sure 1 big bonus is gone, and instead the money is spread out over they hole year on request by the people working for Blizzard. So why would morale be low from getting what they actually been asking for.
    Last edited by Raven; 2018-11-19 at 09:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Color me surprised, he could show the proof but he'd rather not. What I think is that Blizzard is on the eye of the storm right now and he's just taking advantage of the situation, same thing all youtubers do.
    i'm not sure your small brain can comprehend this but hiding insider sources to protect them is commonplace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    Check the stock, Activision Blizzard is dying. https://www.google.nl/search?q=blizzard+stock. I think the company will go bankrupt somewhere in 2019-2020.
    You been listening to too many drama videos. Blizzard are not dying. But I will book mark your quote so I can come back to it next year

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    i'm not sure your small brain can comprehend this but hiding insider sources to protect them is commonplace
    this guy has no sources, he is a drama youtuber. If anyone has got leaks or insider sources it wouldn't be him. All his videos are outrage bait. And judging by the blind sheep that are subbed to him there are a lot of dumb brainless people out there that are ingesting this poison.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-11-19 at 09:50 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Is the whole basis of this thread put behind a YouTube video of some streamer?

Imagine if that's how real life worked. If the New York Times, CNN, Fox, etc.... sourced their beliefs on some guy on You Tube!

What a pointless thread. I don't even know what's it's about because I literally cannot watch streamers, so I don't know what the guy is saying.

I have insider sources too (can't reveal them, just trust me) and they tell me morale is at an all time high. This guy is definitely just making stuff up for attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    If all of that is true, I think that at this point, Blizzard should just move out of California, every time I heard/read something about that state, it's always the same thing, that life is ridiculously expensive there compared to the rest of the US. If you can't pay enough money to your employees so they can live in the same state where they work, something is fucked up, altho maybe this is common in the US (I'm not from there), but either way, it is ridiculous.
    The other thing should be redistributing the salaries of the company, giving absurdly huge amounts of money to the top guys in your company when you can't afford to do that is like shooting yourself on the foot. If they could afford that without hurting the company, go for it, but if they can't...

I personally hope that they get their shit together if this is true.
    cost of living in irvine was a very common complaint on glassdoor when I reviewed all blizzard reviews a couple of years ago.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

The company President retired, fans crapped on them at BlizzCon, and stocks have fallen dramatically. Yeah, they should have low morale rn.

Interesting. Blizzard is restructuring their profit scheme to reduce the amount payed out is rather sad. I find the most important information from that is that Blizzard is no longer as profitable as it was before that this has become a problem. Either they are now have low sales or they have a high running cost that is still high relative to their income.

As he said, there will come a time when the company needs accept the past success is in the past and change in the way it function. Blizzard paying below industrial standards does not surprise me. Given their brand, they probably feel there are people willing to accept a lower pay for the chance to work at Blizzard.

But the real problem is the cost of living. This is something that Blizzard cannot control and is a consequences of living and working in an expensive area. Regardless of the company.

I was surprise to read that 100k is considered low in SF due to living cost there.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    The company President retired, fans crapped on them at BlizzCon, and stocks have fallen dramatically. Yeah, they should have low morale rn.
    To be fair, they crapped on the fans first

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    You're right in your thoughts. California is a literal cesspool, mostly ruined by far-left politics. In fact, almost every large city has been ruined by far-left politics, so it's par for the course really.
    Yes yes, a literal cesspool.

Which is why our real estate values are always super low. Because people keep leaving because it's so....

Oh wait. That's wrong. California is a state that always has perpetually high real estate values. Since, for every person that moves away, there's like 10 waiting to take their spot.

I feel bad for you if you are drinking the kool-aid that hard dude. Warm air, sunshine, beautiful women, the best entertainment in the country. Yes, quite a cesspool. Ffs.
    Last edited by LBStx; 2018-11-19 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    You been listening to too many drama videos. Blizzard are not dying. But I will book mark your quote so I can come back to it next year

this guy has no sources, he is a drama youtuber. If anyone has got leaks or insider sources it wouldn't be him. All his videos are outrage bait. And judging by the blind sheep that are subbed to him there are a lot of dumb brainless people out there that are ingesting this poison.
    Well, we can either believe him or you, a random forum poster that also doesn't show anything. Better let people discuss the video.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Color me surprised, he could show the proof but he'd rather not. What I think is that Blizzard is on the eye of the storm right now and he's just taking advantage of the situation, same thing all youtubers do.
    This guy gets insiders from alot of game companies when theres drama... he has proven it DOZENS of times.

He doesnt show the Blizz employees names because they will probably get sacked. Which is the EXACT reason employees trust him and send him information!

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Interesting. Blizzard is restructuring their profit scheme to reduce the amount payed out is rather sad. I find the most important information from that is that Blizzard is no longer as profitable as it was before that this has become a problem. Either they are now have low sales or they have a high running cost that is still high relative to their income.

As he said, there will come a time when the company needs accept the past success is in the past and change in the way it function. Blizzard paying below industrial standards does not surprise me. Given their brand, they probably feel there are people willing to accept a lower pay for the chance to work at Blizzard.
    To be honest, this move just brings them closer to current industry standards.

It was pretty normal for IT/Programming gigs to come with substantial profit sharing, 20 years ago, when that was still a developing field.

Now it just isn't. You can go to college to learn to program games. So the compensation structure is changing, since you can just hire college grads now.

You couldn't back in 1990, or 2000. You had to hire really smart people that could trail blaze in a new field. People of that caliber tend to command profit sharing deals.

But the real problem is the cost of living. This is something that Blizzard cannot control and is a consequences of living and working in an expensive area. Regardless of the company.
    Yeah, Irvine is one of the most expensive parts of Los Angeles. Most of the areas around there that are somewhat affordable aren't safe. You'd end up with a 2ish hour one way commute if you legitimately want to find a comfortable, safe, affordable place to live, if you're in your 20s or 30s and aren't married/dual income.

The people who made the ip's are gone. A few talented people remain. A lot of 'diversity' hires were put in. Finally blizzard is owned by a company on the stock exchange.
    So you have a recipe for disaster.
    The big bois who made blizzard what they became got shitted on and left, demoralised. The talented and skilled devs who also actually love the products have either left, or sitting in demoralised limbo. Then the diversity hires, young shining sparks of joy, fresh from college. Who are simply their to push their collective agenda with zero skill, experience or actual love for the ip's, to do anything that is beneficial for blizzard. BFA was a real night and day notice of their influence, even more so than Legion. Then there is Activision, seeing the disaster unfold and the fact that Blizzard was only blizzard because of the people who were driven out. They care only about the bottom line and making money above all else so that they too can survive.

Blizzard will share the same fate of the many classic studios that were swallowed up by EA. You can say it was inevitable the moment they were bought by Activision, because it was only a matter of time that those who created Blizzard will be gone.

Publicly traded entities are a mistake that only make the elite rich. While only giving a gambling chance for the normal person to make a few scraps if they hold onto their shares for 20 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd be depressed and demoralised too if the company that made all my favorite childhood games is now focusing on mobile titles and is forcing me to do the same. Especially with the pathetic pay that Blizzard dole out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    To be fair, they crapped on the fans first
    The assholes high up crapped on the fans.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account

glassdoor reviews (some very positive) emphasize that this was part of many reviewers reasons for applying to blizzard - blizzard games for many people growing up were their favorites.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Well, we can either believe him or you, a random forum poster that also doesn't show anything. Better let people discuss the video.
    I am discussing the video I am discussing the lack of evidence or souses provided from a youtuber whose very popular for riding on outrage culture and has no credentials outside feeding the minds of dumb people who choose to believe him. Just look at his other videos, no wonder people watch them its like food for the outrage culture.

If I wanted people with actual credentials I would watch Yonyea or Jim Sterling. Or if it's Blizzard related some Blizzard related youtubers, I'd trust them more than some random drama channel dedicated to getting his right wing view point across. Because they provide actual news with actual sources.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-11-19 at 10:04 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    Finally blizzard is owned by a company on the stock exchange.
    They were owned by Vivendi from 1998 - 2008.

Vivendi was a publicly traded company. They were also 100% profit motivated and gave 0 shits about game quality.

I think you might need to revise your entire argument.
    Last edited by LBStx; 2018-11-19 at 10:02 PM.