Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    yeh figured as much rofl, DBW is a great example, literally gave nothing but stats on a proc and people think it was somehow more "interesting"
    than lets say current stat proc trinkets
    turned you into a cow. cosmetics r fun my guy

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why are 90% of trinkets just primary stat with either a secondary on use or secondary proc.

Losing tier sets was not enough they have to remove gameplay changing trinkets too.

Bah
    Have you looked at 8.1 trinkets?
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=288638/...eance-trinkets
    they are super cool and super fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    This.

Everything is simplified for the casual players. Have fun.
    Wrong. It's simplified for the lazy game designers.

Don't we always get fun stuff in last tier anyway?

Even when we had tier sets, first ones generally have been simple and less fun.

It's the first tier.

To all of the people complaint about warforging and never feeling compelled to step up to harder content, that's your choice. The only 3 pieces i don't have filled from mythic raid are a heroic mythrax trinket (he doesn't want to drop it), a m+ cache item, and a single azerite pieces. As far as i was aware warforging is meant to be like a bonus for those not at the top end, and looking around my raid team I'm compelled to agree. It only feels bad if you let it.

Nobody heard of bwonsamdi's bargain? There are some pretty dope trinkets in the next raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Were "too hard to balance" and they didt want ppl farming the first raid tier for bis trinket that would last forever

Like the 1 from Ursoc, i think that was BiS till Antorus for BM hunters and others.
    if only you could cap previous tier items TF

Quote Originally Posted by miwonehema View Post
    the fact that you got an item from the first tier that was the best for an entire expansion wasn't a problem to you, huh? interesting.
    That is not what i said. I said that in BC, with this one item, that had no chance of proccing, i had no issue with at all, in fact, i was extremely excited, and still talk about the event to this day. Different time, different loot expectations and rules. And, if you had chosen to read things properly, it backs up my point that i new i would not get a better trinket, as there was no chance of getting a better version of the same trinket. Under the current system, if such a powerful item existed things would be very different.

Gruul would have LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic. Say i get the lfr version, but it doesnt proc anything. Now it is still worth me doing Gruul on normal, heroic, and mythic every week, AS WELL as LFR. Now say i get a normal version that procs to heroic ilvl, it is STILL worth me doing it on LFR, Normal, Heroic, and mythic, because all difficulties can drop the same item with a higher ilvl.

There is absolutely ZERO weight in the argument "oh yeah but it might not happen". That argument falls to shit when you consider people farm mounts with a 1% drop rate. People buy lotto tickets in their millions, even with a chance to win below 0.0001% The only way to stop this mindset is to remove the carrot from the stick. Remove the motivation to begin with. Instead promoting THIS reality:

do all difficulties each week. Get the LFR version. Start farming normal, heroic, and mythic. Get heroic version, just run mythic once a week hoping for better item. feel a strong sense of progression as you do this with all items in all slots.the end.

The current devs are anti-BiS.

Because with BiS set-ups, you're not gonna farm as much. You'll get everything in a reasonable time frame.

Then what? Work on another toon or something, right?

That's what the devs do not want.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    That is not what i said. I said that in BC, with this one item, that had no chance of proccing, i had no issue with at all, in fact, i was extremely excited, and still talk about the event to this day. Different time, different loot expectations and rules. And, if you had chosen to read things properly, it backs up my point that i new i would not get a better trinket, as there was no chance of getting a better version of the same trinket. Under the current system, if such a powerful item existed things would be very different.

Gruul would have LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic. Say i get the lfr version, but it doesnt proc anything. Now it is still worth me doing Gruul on normal, heroic, and mythic every week, AS WELL as LFR. Now say i get a normal version that procs to heroic ilvl, it is STILL worth me doing it on LFR, Normal, Heroic, and mythic, because all difficulties can drop the same item with a higher ilvl.

There is absolutely ZERO weight in the argument "oh yeah but it might not happen". That argument falls to shit when you consider people farm mounts with a 1% drop rate. People buy lotto tickets in their millions, even with a chance to win below 0.0001% The only way to stop this mindset is to remove the carrot from the stick. Remove the motivation to begin with. Instead promoting THIS reality:

do all difficulties each week. Get the LFR version. Start farming normal, heroic, and mythic. Get heroic version, just run mythic once a week hoping for better item. feel a strong sense of progression as you do this with all items in all slots.the end.
    Or, and I mean this as respectfully as I can possibly get it across, stop treating warforged items as chase rares. Just stop doing it. Stop. Treat them as nice bonuses instead. Nice little things that sometimes happen while you're doing shit you were going to do anyway. You're talking like somebody with a gambling problem or an obsessive personality disorder. Your perspective on this subject is fundamentally unhealthy. Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by zebreck View Post
    Or, and I mean this as respectfully as I can possibly get it across, stop treating warforged items as chase rares. Just stop doing it. Stop. Treat them as nice bonuses instead. Nice little things that sometimes happen while you're doing shit you were going to do anyway. You're talking like somebody with a gambling problem or an obsessive personality disorder. Your perspective on this subject is fundamentally unhealthy. Stop it.
    And his unhealthy attitude is what most of the kids here have. it's actually sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    The current devs are anti-BiS.

Because with BiS set-ups, you're not gonna farm as much. You'll get everything in a reasonable time frame.

Then what? Work on another toon or something, right?

That's what the devs do not want.
    You know you can basically follow your stat priority from sims and have a set within 2-3% of theoretical bis with basically little effort, right?
    Assuming you shoot for 370 m10 gear, you just get *gasp* 370 dungeon drops + emissary gear/heroic uldir azerite.
    If you want to attain some sort of 395 "i got the best gear in the game" type shit, you're delusional from the first step and you need to stop yourself

- - - Updated - - -

I read what you said, and it came down to you wanted a trinket from the first tier of content to be something you use for the entire expansion. We're still in the first tier of this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove warforging. Problem solved.
    Yea because a 910 arcano crystal clearly didnt beat a 980 raid trinket .... oh wait it did. Warforged isnt the problem, think for once instead of just blabberin after shitty youtubers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by miwonehema View Post
    And his unhealthy attitude is what most of the kids here have. it's actually sad.

- - - Updated - - -

You know you can basically follow your stat priority from sims and have a set within 2-3% of theoretical bis with basically little effort, right?
    Assuming you shoot for 370 m10 gear, you just get *gasp* 370 dungeon drops + emissary gear/heroic uldir azerite.
    If you want to attain some sort of 395 "i got the best gear in the game" type shit, you're delusional from the first step and you need to stop yourself

- - - Updated - - -

I read what you said, and it came down to you wanted a trinket from the first tier of content to be something you use for the entire expansion. We're still in the first tier of this expansion.
    You didnt read it then. Because that is not what i said. Please quote where i said anything even close to "i want a trinket from the first tier to use for the entire expansion". I am happy to wait, honestly. Please quote anything even CLOSE to that. Any other reply will get no response from me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yea because a 910 arcano crystal clearly didnt beat a 980 raid trinket .... oh wait it did. Warforged isnt the problem, think for once instead of just blabberin after shitty youtubers.
    As i CLEARLY said there are issues with stat budgets on items being wrong. You have chosen one item from the history of wow, one this is heavily documented and has been spoken about at length.

Farming meaningless content all day rather than stepping up in difficulty and extensive gating are their chosen carrot on the stick these days. I dont buy the 'its to keep us playing' logic at all sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree mostly. I remember getting DST off gruul and thinking "right, thats that slot sorted for the expansion" and sure enough, i never replaced it. I was ok with that. What im not ok with is feeling the pressure to continue running Gruul every single week incase i get a higher item ilvl version. That, in my opinion, is the problem.
    okay here you go

so you were happy with not having to upgrade a slot for the rest of the expansion. k

anyway lol cool if you block me on here it really doesn't matter cus you've been wrong and all it does is stop you from learning how badly you're wrong. do what pleases you, brother

Rubbish, ofc they were affected by WF. Although the scaling changed depending on stat distribution / budget and procs, what made the item appealing FAR AFTER it had any right to be so was farming warforged procs. Blizzard messed up on the stat budged of a few trinkets, and by messed up i mean 'intentionally blew the budget', and that is a problem all of its own.
    He has a point though. Fathoms deck that was obtainable day 1 is near BiS for all Melee and is only outshined by certain World Quest trinkets that are required to Warforge up to or past 370 in order to compete, or there's 1 M+10 trinket (for Rogue anyway) that passes it by about 100 dps. (Deadeye Spyglass. Windcaller's Gale sims really high but the practicality of standing still in its buff for melee is laughable.) Or the trinket from Warfront boss which I have not been lucky enough yet to get in the 4 or 5 kills my Rogue's had.

I agree with you that Warforging is one of the biggest problems WoW has right now, but Blizzard is so bad at itemization that sometimes WF'ing isn't even needed to create totally broken items.

Remove warforging. Problem solved.
    Warforging is good for the game tho. So you're not BiS 3 weeks into a raid.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Warforging is good for the game tho. So you're not BiS 3 weeks into a raid.
    Theres a way to solve that.

Reduce the fucking insane ass loot drops and four diificulties.

I really like to seeing more interesting trinkets like Convergence of Fates and similar (not Draught of Souls, that was stupid.)

I also really like seeing them scattered along the various raid tiers too.

I think the Tentacle of G'Huun could be more interesting, but overall things are pretty good so far and look to keep improving. Although the upcoming raid tier looks to be a lot of on-use. Which isn't to my particular taste, but definitely shows that they LOVE BiS and min/Max.

10+ Year Old Account
    As i CLEARLY said there are issues with stat budgets on items being wrong. You have chosen one item from the history of wow, one this is heavily documented and has been spoken about at length.
    toe'knee, umbral, draught, pretty much any statstick... and the list goes on...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah see, I'd be cool with fun trinkets if the fun trinkets weren't almost universally shit for Ret. The one time there was a fucking amazing one, they nerfed it SPECIFICALLY for Ret. If Ret worked well without just "lol get a nice 2m trinket and pop wings gg" playstyle, that'd be nice too. Almost every 'fun' trinket sucks for me and ironically 2m CD trinkets are good for now, dull as they are. Proc trinkets, likewise, are either really good if they proc a lot for good damage (MUH FALLIN ANCHORS) or shit. I LIKE being able to use a trinket when I need it. That's fun for me and even using it during wings, dull as that is, is at least effective and not "lol shit my trinket procced during a phase where I'm moving or the boss is immune again" kind of RNG.

None of the raid trinkets in either tier appeals to me. Maybe later on they will have a really cool trinket but I'm not holding my breath. It's going to be farming high titanforged 5-man trinkets all expansion again. At least shit like Angerboda was a fun proc. Getting 3 of those at once felt fucking cool.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.