Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    If you like it, that's nice. Go ahead and guzzle down all the Blizzard-Brand Least-Effort-Possible Swill that you can. Glug, glug, glug, it sure goes down smooth, yeah?

The rest of us will keep fighting tooth and nail for a better game.
    Lol do you feel better painting yourself as a hero?

I do like it when people prove my point for me though.

Lol more world quests... what's better than regular world quests? Timed world quests once every 3 weeks. Give me a break. But hey, it just shows how unfinished and unpolished arathi was. Those "rare" mobs were for sure suppose to be "world quests"(like argus but timed 3 weeks content) but they got lazy and just threw that mess together.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Lol do you feel better painting yourself as a hero?

I do like it when people prove my point for me though.
    Yeah I mean I dislike Warfronts with a passion.

But I'm not going to tell others they are wrong for liking it.

Half the time when people pull that card all they have to go on for someone who likes WoW and they don't is the overused and basic "white knight" crap which has zero validity.

I just can't seem to get excited for 2 sets of content... One I get to do every 3 weeks on all characters for about 30 minutes for free epic piece(s). The other, they just enhanced with WQs.. I guess because those will be repeatable. fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Ok, going to join in the fun.

Blah blah, Blizzard lazy, blah blah, rehashed content, blah blah, morale at Blizzard low, blah blah, Activision, blah blah, worst expansion ever, blah blah, unfinished, blah blah, unpolished, blah blah cash grab, blah blah

Did I miss anything in the whinging?
    I don't think the content is lazy per se.

It just doesn't have any meat to it imo and that "Warcraft 3" feeling they mentioned just doesn't exist. Only Warcraft 3 thing about it is the resources and even then that resource dump is just Broken Shore but faster.

However I agree. The whole "morale is low" crap and people attacking others for liking it with the tired and overused arguments is just petulant.

Don't get me wrong 8.1/8.1.5 both look good. But it;s just not enough to get me back playing full time. I do keep the sub running for when I feel like it but for me WoW is definitely my second MMO atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Why? You think their bows and siege weapons just grow that way, die, and then fall to the ground fully constructed as part of their natural life cycle?
    Someone didn't play Wc3.

This is 8.1 content so they've been working on it for many months, before 8.0 released and everybody realized Warfronts were a failure and not popular. Every X.1 patch is like this. Course corrections come in X.2 patches.

So we're going to get a reskinned Arathi warfront with even more boring WQ's? I'd rather see them try to fix the actual game.

The best decision I've made in BfA is to not give a shit at all about warfronts. What a boring, lame, and tedious introduction to the game.

I might roll one on a fresh alter for the frer 370 and that's it. I didn't even do it a second time on my main, my boat research are frozen. Not even bothering. You fucked up with this content blizz, It's so hard to even care for it.
    Last edited by SilenceRedo; 2018-11-21 at 06:38 PM.

Well, I for one love that warfronts bring revamps for these awesome old world areas. I love the new forsaken and night elf model kit, and I only wish the warfront had further revamped the area like arathi was (but it is understandable why they had more time to do so in Arathi since every building was wod era, and in this one a lot of new models had to be made, particularly forsaken).
    I also like that this one allowed for further story on the night elf side, with introduction scenarios. I'm looking forward to doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Piss off, fanboy! Vanilla isn't going to save anything. Only a handful of nostalgia blinded jobless neckbeards care about an archaic, imbalanced, bug ridden shitfest of a game from 14 years ago. I'd sooner chew my own arms off than play Classic.
    Who is the "blinded jobless neckbeard fanboy" here considering you answer..mmmm :') priceless. Nobody is forcing you to play it. It's on the same sub anyway.

More seriously: Classic is not for you and it is FINE that you love retail. I have nothing against it and play it myself. What I say is that a niche of old school players like myself, will chill out and enjoy some "koselig tid" like we say here in Norway with Classic. And sub numbers for Blizz will go up. Everyone will be happy at the end of the day.

They might even port BfA on mobile if there is enough white knights around haha.

I had hoped there would be more mechanical improvements than this. Warfronts are just kind of boring with little variance in between them. Dragging them out for a longer period isn't going to help much.

The resource collection minigame in particular I feel drags down the experience. The first half of the Warfront just has most of the raid pick up items because there's no point in pushing farther than Highperch if you don't have Demos unlocked. Doesn't make for a very epic experience.

Hopefully the Heroic mode that is coming will be more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't think the content is lazy per se.

It just doesn't have any meat to it imo and that "Warcraft 3" feeling they mentioned just doesn't exist. Only Warcraft 3 thing about it is the resources and even then that resource dump is just Broken Shore but faster.

However I agree. The whole "morale is low" crap and people attacking others for liking it with the tired and overused arguments is just petulant.

Don't get me wrong 8.1/8.1.5 both look good. But it;s just not enough to get me back playing full time. I do keep the sub running for when I feel like it but for me WoW is definitely my second MMO atm.
    Personally 8.2 seems like where the really good stuff will come in, which is a bit frustrating since that probably means 8.1 isn't going to alleviate the feeling I have of content drought atm.

Out of curiosity, what's your first MMO right now?

tldr for the comment section for every thread. "This content isn't for me so it sucks"
    Been that way since i started playing in TBC and will forever be that way.
    Plenty of stuff i personally dislike does that mean it should be removed? Of course not. Silly attitude to have.

Blizzard has and probably will always make stuff for different play styles. Warfronts...definitely not made for the hardcore. (Im gonna go out on a limb and assume mmo champ's demographic is mostly hardcore...) If that's your play style you probably wont like it.
    Not everything will be made for the hardcore and not everything will be made for the casual. Everyone plays a game for different reasons especially in a mmo. Im not saying people cant give their opinion, hopefully explaining the parts you don't like instead of useless blanket statements, but the sooner people realize things are made for a large group of different play styles and not just their play style the better.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2018-11-21 at 06:25 PM.

The patch on the ptr is still garbage story wise. If anything BFA has been garbage. Wow more WQ to unlock and another front to focus on collecting supplies for....It's like no matter what side your on a warfront will be unlocked each week for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    The rp/lore-forums are that way--->

- - - Updated - - -

Expeditions are a treat compared to warfronts.
    Not even comparable really...
    Sorry but no. Warfronts are better than islands. They’re both bad but if I had to choose between the 2 I’d easily pick warfronts.

Islands are literally a mindless trash grind with practically no reward unless you get lucky and even then you might get something not great. You run around killing normal/heroic level trash mobs as if everyone loves doing trash in raids/regular dungeons. They literally put reskinned dungeon trash into a small map for you to grind until you’re done.

Only thing that makes them passable is the random events however these appear very randomly and closer to the end of the expedition. A lot of the time we didn’t even need to go into any portals or kill any of the extra mobs that come from the events since they appeared when we were at ~8k.

At least with warfronts you can choose to do a few things. You can run with a group and take areas, kill the rares and do hostage events or you can farm wood/iron. It’s pretty bad but not nearly as boring as islands imo.

I usually need to throw on tv or focus on work while doing islands because focusing only on islands is so fucking boring it’s actually mind numbing. It’s like walking into a normal dungeon with 0 loot and just trash.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-11-21 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Personally 8.2 seems like where the really good stuff will come in, which is a bit frustrating since that probably means 8.1 isn't going to alleviate the feeling I have of content drought atm.

Out of curiosity, what's your first MMO right now?
    FF14. I enjoy it quite a bit plus I'm a huge fan of the FF series.

I mean it has it's flaws like any game but it's given me a lot more enjoyment than WoW since I started playing it in Heavensward.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    FF14. I enjoy it quite a bit plus I'm a huge fan of the FF series.

I mean it has it's flaws like any game but it's given me a lot more enjoyment than WoW since I started playing it in Heavensward.
    i been playing FF14 for a while, i just couldnt get behind the unpolish zones, i mean yeah quest are good and all but the whole feeling on the game is a bad japanes MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    If you like it, that's nice. Go ahead and guzzle down all the Blizzard-Brand Least-Effort-Possible Swill that you can. Glug, glug, glug, it sure goes down smooth, yeah?

The rest of us will keep fighting tooth and nail for a worse outdated out of touch with current playerbase game.
    fixed that for you you are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Who is the "blinded jobless neckbeard fanboy" here considering you answer..mmmm :') priceless. Nobody is forcing you to play it. It's on the same sub anyway.

More seriously: Classic is not for you and it is FINE that you love retail. I have nothing against it and play it myself. What I say is that a niche of old school players like myself, will chill out and enjoy some "koselig tid" like we say here in Norway with Classic. And sub numbers for Blizz will go up. Everyone will be happy at the end of the day.

They might even port BfA on mobile if there is enough white knights around haha.
    I didn't once mention BFA in my response. I haven't even logged into retail in weeks. I'm just saying that even if given the option, I wouldn't play Classic because there are a fuck ton of games released during the past decade which are miles better than the dumpster fire that is Vanilla WoW. Like Red Dead Redemption 2, Warframe, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate and Witcher 3 to name a few that I've been playing lately.

It just really brings my piss to a boil whenever I hear someone say "Classic is going to save WoW". Like a bunch of Religious Zealots that think it's the second coming of Christ. Well I've got news for you. It isn't. The few hundred thousand brainless plebeians that give a shit about Classic will not make a difference to sub numbers or ActiBlizzard's revenue in the long run. It'll just be swarmed day one by retail players who will get bored shitless and quit within a few days. The only ones that will stay are the fanboys and the retail players that take delight in griefing said fanboys. It'll be an absolute mess.

And finally. Not even the biggest of Blizzard White Knights would defend a WoW Mobile game. Especially after the shitstorm that Diablo Intolerable kicked up. If they did, I'd be the first in line at Blizzard's HQ with my torch and pitchfork, wanting Ion's head mounted on my wall.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2018-11-21 at 09:27 PM.