Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Is BfA what you wanted out of a pirate expansion?

I envisioned maybe your guild owning a pirate ship. The entire guild would board and ship out to the uncharted seas and you'd have to try to navigate it. Maybe you'd run into sea monsters or rival pirate ships or maybe an island with a raid on it. Your guild could upgrade the pirate ship.

Another idea is maybe you owe a huge debt and wind up getting conscripted into a gang of pirates to pay it off. Maybe you'd have a weekly timer to collect enough gold to pay off some of the debt each week or get punished. Maybe you'd have to run secret pirate WQs against your own faction sometimes to get enough gold to pay up. Maybe you slowly work your way up the chain of command in the gang of pirates until you become an officer or something.

What did you expect?
    Like other people has said, BFA is not a pirate expansion. It is an expansion about an Azeroth stabbed by Sargeras' sword, a wounded world, harvested by the Horde and Alliance gone to war. Azshara and N'zoth rising as the ultimate threat of the expansion.

Now, if you want a Pirate expansion -- the way I would see it is: The South Seas expansion including Plunder Isle. If Lady Ashvane escaped like Gul'dan did at the end of Warlords of Draenor... Maybe it could be Ashvane rising as the main boss uniting all Pirate clans together. Each clan boss serving Ashvane, and becoming like the Lords of War kind of thing. We defeat each boss in their proper zone until we reach the last boss raid, end-game.

However, a full pirate expansion seems a bit boring. There should be more than just that. Only benefit is that pirates have members of basically all races in Azeroth: Hozen, Tauren, Undead, trolls, goblins, gnomes, Quillboar and even Saurok (as seen in Daelin's Gate).

They are trying to make guilds obsolete so why do you expect them to suddenly create content for guilds?

I envisioned maybe your guild owning a pirate ship. The entire guild would board and ship out to the uncharted seas and you'd have to try to navigate it. Maybe you'd run into sea monsters or rival pirate ships or maybe an island with a raid on it. Your guild could upgrade the pirate ship.

Another idea is maybe you owe a huge debt and wind up getting conscripted into a gang of pirates to pay it off. Maybe you'd have a weekly timer to collect enough gold to pay off some of the debt each week or get punished. Maybe you'd have to run secret pirate WQs against your own faction sometimes to get enough gold to pay up. Maybe you slowly work your way up the chain of command in the gang of pirates until you become an officer or something.

What did you expect?
    I think you're misscategorizing it as a pirate expansion. While people were hoping for one, it is only like 10% of what the expansion is about, at most. It's Battle for Azeroth, with Horde vs Alliance and Old Gods mixed in. It's not WoW: Booty in the South Seas.

Deleted
    While Tirigarde Sound story is really fun and I love the pirate stuff, BFA is not what i pictured a pirate expansion will be like.

I was thinking more of the south sea expansion, and while again - Freehold is great pirate themed dungeon, I was hoping for some giant Pirate themed raid. Bloodsail Hold, the bastion of the Bloodsail Bucaneers. It would look like those giant fortresses towering on shorelines that the Brittish built in the Caribean on their colony islands. That would be so sick. Maybe something more tropical. Kul Tiras is so bleak and cold, pirates look better on a tropical island.

I am glad we got so much pirate stuff in BfA, but I would still love to see more in the future.

What did you expect?
    In the game,where you belong to the factions,such thing is impossible to make. And actually,I really wouldn't support an expansion,that is built around the pirate theme - pirates in WoW are portrayed as clowns,they have never been portrayed as serious enemies and to build a whole expansion about that - no,thanks.

At one point I expected a ship as headquarters. Like order halls or garrison or something. But did't really expect much else.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    I expected a half-assed expansion that was essentially a carry-over of Legion. My actual hopes for BfA were pretty low.

Somehow I was still massively disappointed, even while expecting mediocrity. I've been playing MMOs for about 17 years off and on and BfA is the least enjoyable one to date.
    Warlords of Draenor were so "fun" and "full" of content...

Oh yes. Yes it is an more.

I remember as I was exiting Legion all I could think was I hope they follow this up with a Pirate expansion.

Considering the naval theme, especially for Alliance, I wanted naval battles/vehicles/travel, guild ships or such.

All the naval we get is in cutscenes and art.

While I do love the artistic accomplishments in BfA and think they are the best ever, I'm disappointed by the gameplay innovation or the lack of. Islands and Warfronts are boring and easy. Any degree of difficulty in the mythic islands comes from the rush design, which then defeats that sense of exploration and mystery solving that they wanted to achieve (they ruin their own design in my opinion). Azerite is a terrible system at every level and so is RNG in everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

It's an old god expansion.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

What did you expect?
    so you have completely unrealistic expectations and were disappointed... makes sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not really a pirate expansion though, is it?

Zandalar barely has any pirates, except for dead ones. Kul Tiras has a few in Drustvar Tirasgarde and that’s it.

It was never intended to be a pirate expansion. As much as I’d love some free roam ship combat.

BfA is a faction war expansion that immediately got derailed into an old god and Horde Civil War expansion.

It's not really a "pirate" expansion though, is it? It's nautical themed. That's it.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc Not , we don't even have a ride-able ship.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say a single zone's B-plot encompasses a whole expansion theme. More accurately, is this what I expected out of a South Seas expansion? Well, no. I didn't expect a schlocky, badly-written faction war A-plot wherein the most unlikably-sociopathic characters are given the lion's share of the plot's focus, the Horde sees multiple story beats over each patch and so far the Alliance story beats are either reactionary in nature or feel like an afterthought, and interesting story beats are promptly left by the wayside to make room for more of the lazy, schlocky faction war A-plot (because by god we put all that time into Nathanos's new model and we're damn well gonna use it!).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I've got pirate mogs, that's what I wanted. I think the only thing we're missing is that sweet longcoat look. They have something that vaguely resembles it but doesn't pop out enough IMO. (no doubt clipping, but I don't care, I want my cool coat!)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't call it a pirate expansion without player boats.

This is a generic Azshara expansion with extra faction warfare thrown in.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account

What did you expect?
    What ever led you to expect anything like this?

after allied races, my expectations that have already dropped since half the WOD reached almost zero.
    the artifact weapon was amazing, new traits, skills etc (increased hype for a long time)
    but this expansion was able to undo me much, 10 level, and no skill or talent I was very disappointed.
    in the new expansion I had the impression of losing content instead of adding (It became more evident in the classic)

It seems that the quality of the game is inversely proportional to the art (Cinematics, environments, etc.)

BFA is not what I wanted out of any expansion. After the Letdown that has been the last 3 Expansions I was hoping that coming back to old school faction war would be a trip back to wow Pre MOP.... Boy was I wrong it's just shitty legion with even less to content.