Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    WC3 Reforged: YES! Finally! It looks so good! Omg, amazing! The new models are so good. Arthas got a neck! Amazing!" *Throws money at screen*

Classic WoW: Omg, even the option to have decent graphics is against eeeeverything I stand for! Give me the awful looking game I remember! Don't change it! I want squaaaares!
    You can't compare WC3 to WoW when even the BFA game has many old elements.

A 100% Reforged Classic I could support, but not this "new player models in blurry/blocky armor" , or "modern monsters in old forest/dungeon with stretched textures".

Legion and BfA went a long way updating many models but it's still nothing like a Reforged WoW, only in the newest zones they use the better textures and landscapes,and seeing like the newer models in the old zones looks weird, just like the player models in a lot of Vanilla transmog do.

Gnolls never got updated since like year 2001 when the first media appeared.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-11-23 at 01:49 PM.

What on earth is wrong with having a toggle and allowing players to play with the graphics they want?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    What on earth is wrong with having a toggle and allowing players to play with the graphics they want?
    Gimme a Toggle for new Entire Game World + Spells + Items, not just this partial out of place old clashing with new on many different fronts.

Hogger been crying for a new model since 2001, Centaurs are also one of the oldest ugliest by now.

Keeping Classic 100% old models at least is more cohesive then using some new models with old armor, or old gameworld.

I am not against a 100% remastered Classic , but this partial stuff just isn't feeling right to me.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-11-23 at 01:54 PM.

All I can do at this for my actual response would break MMO Champ as we know it.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    You can't compare WC3 to WoW when even the BFA game has many old elements.

A 100% Reforged Classic I could support, but not this "new player models in blurry/blocky armor" , or "modern monsters in old forest/dungeon with stretched textures".

Legion and BfA went a long way updating many models but it's still nothing like a Reforged WoW, only in the newest zones they use the better textures and landscapes,and seeing like the newer models in the old zones looks weird, just like the player models in a lot of Vanilla transmog do.

Gnolls never got updated since like year 2001 when the first media appeared.
    But if it is a toggle, you can play with old stuff. It wouldn't affect you at all. And honestly, it would be so much better with a remastered or even better, a reforged classic. Not that I have any faith that the current Blizz team would manage to make an updated classic, fixing kinks and maybe some classes without fucking it up royally. But, if they still had creativity and people who knew what vanilla was about, I think that could be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I doubt very many of them will get that far, to be honest.
    I know 80% of my guild will not reach level 60 without major help from more veteran players. It's just a different game, and the leveling experience is brutal for people who aren't used to pull carefully. I mean, I run in dungeon even today with people not aware of their surroundings and pulling extra. This type of things will be the end of them in Vanilla. As soon as they hit ~25-30, they will start realizing this game really want them dead.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Part of #NoChanges should be not changing ("updating") the graphics. Not a single bit. Not even the models.

Just think of Megan Fox:

New Megan Fox is new, shiny and fake... and a lot of people like that. But I like young Megan. The Megan who looks real and natural.

They continue to update their graphics in retail in order to bring in a new generation of fans. So but then, where do the old fans go? Classic. That's why Classic should keep Vanilla graphics the same. Their naturalness create a really immersive roleplaying environment for older fans of the game.
    Given that the Live version of WoW has more realistic and natural looking models, I think you've got the comparison the wrong way round.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post

So natural.

When you walk in on your husband cheating and wish you could join in.
    Last edited by mmocfb48d32508; 2018-11-23 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    There is an option to set it back to the original look.
    This option does not work. Graphics is different in demo. But I think that they'll come as close as possible, so it shouldn't be of a concern.

- - - Updated - - -

WC3 Reforged: YES! Finally! It looks so good! Omg, amazing! The new models are so good. Arthas got a neck! Amazing!" *Throws money at screen*

Classic WoW: Omg, even the option to have decent graphics is against eeeeverything I stand for! Give me the awful looking game I remember! Don't change it! I want squaaaares!
    This is a wrong comparison. If you want original WC3 graphics, you can just launch the original game. But you can't do the same with WoW, because half of the game is on server and has been shut down years ago.

I played in vanilla. The game wasn't good because of shit graphics. At the time the graphics were amazing. They aren't now. My nostalgia was going from Runescape to WoW, seeing how much better the graphics were and of course the superior gameplay. So my nostalgia is tied to going to a game that looks amazing... Why do people want a game that looks shit? I think an option to choose shitty graphics or updated one is fine. What is the problem? You can go with your shitty graphics since "vanillur experience must be kept puuuure!" as if you think it will be the same as when you first played it. It won't be, sorry to squash your dreams. Also, looting each individual mob wasn't fun either. Auto loot should be in classic too. Toggle it off if it bothers you.
    The problem is that they told us about reimplementing classic on a modern engine. And it means that everything should be the same, every pixel. Any changes are bad. That said, optional graphics or autoloot is not that bad. Now sharding or loot trading is just unacceptable and I hope that they'll revert this decision before it'll damage the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your Megan Fox comparison is totally flawed.

Here the thing, we are humans, we don't look better as we change from age. The younger us was better. (btw I didn't look it up but those 2 photos must have like 10 years between them or something, maybe she changed more because of age than because of "enhancements")
    On graphics it's the other way around, graphics gets better as we move forward, the old graphics are never better. You can like them more, that's what's called an opinion, but they're factually not better.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I'm glad to hear you will also be playing this on a 2004 machine on a CRT monitor with a dial up connection and have your mom make calls every other hour to make sure you really replicate the vanilla experience. Oh and don't forget to get the MIB to wipe your memory for the last 14 years.

Get over it, we are getting new graphics. But then again this is on par with the type of topics you make.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

I would love a Classic WoW with NEW GRAPHICS (I played vanilla, since june 2005). Wouldn't mind at all.

Btw, in the demo at Blizzcon, I noticed that the water (rivers, sea, lakes) is the "new" water, not the original...
    Last edited by Escepticus; 2018-11-23 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Part of #NoChanges should be not changing ("updating") the graphics. Not a single bit. Not even the models.

Just think of Megan Fox:

New Megan Fox is new, shiny and fake... and a lot of people like that. But I like young Megan. The Megan who looks real and natural.

They continue to update their graphics in retail in order to bring in a new generation of fans. So but then, where do the old fans go? Classic. That's why Classic should keep Vanilla graphics the same. Their naturalness create a really immersive roleplaying environment for older fans of the game.
    We've reached the point where we're comparing video game graphics to Megan Fox.

We've arrived boys!

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    This option does not work. Graphics is different in demo. But I think that they'll come as close as possible, so it shouldn't be of a concern.

- - - Updated - - -
    It was a very raw demo, anyone expecting it to be much more than what it was just had their Hope's set to high. The bigger deal is that they are working on an option to get the original graphics back to as close as they can.

People hold onto this demo like it is gospel or something, and all it was was a quickly slapped together deal just to make a buck at Blizzcon and to have something to show off other than a diablo mobile game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    It was a very raw demo, anyone expecting it to be much more than what it was just had their Hope's set to high. The bigger deal is that they are working on an option to get the original graphics back to as close as they can.

People hold onto this demo like it is gospel or something, and all it was was a quickly slapped together deal just to make a buck at Blizzcon and to have something to show off other than a diablo mobile game.
    They worked 2 years on this project and they have something like 6-7 months before release, so demo is expected to be finished enough. Sure, nobody should complain about bugs, but seeing so many core things unfinished makes me a bit nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    They worked 2 years on this project and they have something like 6-7 months before release, so demo is expected to be finished enough. Sure, nobody should complain about bugs, but seeing so many core things unfinished makes me a bit nervous.
    Doesn't bother me at all. It took them the bulk of that time just to get the damn game to run in a stable state and even function. The hard part is over, what's left is just getting numbers in the right spot and back tracking things that need to be down graded to match up with vanilla.

What let's you know the demo was just slapped together is they didn't even bother cutting systems off from the retail version. Someone high up decided they wanted a demo, they slapped a couple of zones in and called it a day.

Also keep in mind there are certain systems and things they don't need to work on immediately because they won't be there at launch, so they have more time to work on some of that stuff once its pushed live. That allows them time to work on other things which should make it faster to get other parts correct.

The original models for everything should be used, absolutely. But I am definitely looking forward to running WoW in Ultra 4k rather than Low 1080 back on my potato computer in 2005.

Also, I can't wait to have my original feral forms restored. Newer does not equal better.
    Last edited by MatadorMedia; 2018-11-23 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Believe it or not, there's people that would prefer the first version. notably, there's a particular gradient pattern on the belly of the first frog, which makes it similar to what we observed in things like n64 games.

now it's pretty clear that the second model is objectively better, but given the number of changes, there's some cases where the improvement IS debatable. it's just happen at some point if you deal with so many models.

and I don't think anyone is in position to say what's best for those people, including the devs.

preservation matter, that's a rule we should all agree on.
    Lolol!!!!!!!!!!!

We have the option to set the graphic settings to a classic mode. That's good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    We have the option to set the graphic settings to a classic mode. That's good enough.
    Other people can't see your natural form unless they've set theirs to a classic mode as well; therefore, it is not good enough.