Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://i.imgur.com/3ofVrUI.gifv
    this made me giggle more then it should of. poor horse but lol

i wonder how much of the stranger missons they recorded for both pre and pose epilogue . probably all of them but makes me think " thats a lot of work"
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    i wonder how much of the stranger missons they recorded for both pre and pose epilogue . probably all of them but makes me think " thats a lot of work"
    Most, but a few certain ones can only be done before the epilogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    On day 1 of playing found a dude on road bitten by a snake and helped him by sucking out the venom.

Long time later in gameplay I'm in town and same dude flags me down and tells me to go buy anything I want from the gunsmith on his tab.

The random events are authentic and don't just end at the point they start.
    Though I agree with you that this game is way way more polished and is more of an experience really, rather than just a game, you'll see later that this is one of rockstar's copy-paste things that you hate about ACO. The first one is scripted basically, not actually random, where it leads to him offering the upgrade later if you help him. But after you see the 12th guy sitting on the road/stumbling out of the woods complaining he was botten by a snake it get's more annoying than feeling authentic....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Though I agree with you that this game is way way more polished and is more of an experience really, rather than just a game, you'll see later that this is one of rockstar's copy-paste things that you hate about ACO. The first one is scripted basically, not actually random, where it leads to him offering the upgrade later if you help him. But after you see the 12th guy sitting on the road/stumbling out of the woods complaining he was botten by a snake it get's more annoying than feeling authentic....
    Yeah that's true. There are a huge amount of these random encounters though. I think I have only seen someone with a snake bit once or twice. Seen someone stuck in a bear trap a fair few times though. The one I see all the time is the person in the back of a wagon screaming about being innocent but in a way that makes sense since that is something that could happen a number of times. I do wonder if your karma level effects the types of encounters you get. I have playing is super good guy mode and for sure will be replaying the game again at some point down the line in super bandit mode to see what, if anything changes.

I am happy to see that while on the whole the game feels more grounded that the first, it still has it's fair share of crazy stranger missions and hidden secrets. Just last night I found a cave that had lit lanterns inside so I followed it in deeper to find some dude living in there claiming to be the devil or at least that he wanted to be so as well as a Tesla stand in trying to build a robotic "son." I do love this game. God of War is still my favorite game of the year however.

10+ Year Old Account

The name's Red! And all I see 'round here is yellow!

15+ Year Old Account
    find it kind of disappointing you cant complete the compendium w/o playing GTA online.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I'm also really loving the hats and masks that you can find. So far, i have found: pigs mask, conquistador helmet, a mining helmet that actually works as a lantern, a civil war hat, a big cat's skull that works as a mask, another skull that i pulled off some demon scarecrow, and a pirate hat. Enough to play fashion souls with lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess either the auto-saving in this game is terrible or I just had a really terrible glitch. The game crashed on me and I figured it wouldn't be a big deal but when I loaded it back it, I had lost probably 7-10 hours worth of progress. I was a fair bit into the epilogue and it put me back into chapter 6. I guess I will have to manually save after everything I do. Man, this is frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    God of War was an extremely linear game and frankly, a dull story. It looked great, had great music and nice combat, but trust me - no one will be talking about it in a year. People will still play this in 5 years, just as GTA 5 is still widely played now.
    Do you just not like adventure/coming of age stories? I can't think of anything else that stands out against the story.

Everyone knows the memes based Kratos and 'Bous' interactions because the tropes are relatable to real life father son bonds. People aren't going to forget one of Sony's biggest exclusives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    I'm also really loving the hats and masks that you can find. So far, i have found: pigs mask, conquistador helmet, a mining helmet that actually works as a lantern, a civil war hat, a big cat's skull that works as a mask, another skull that i pulled off some demon scarecrow, and a pirate hat. Enough to play fashion souls with lol.
    Have you been to the trapper yet?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

For people who have played both games, is it necessary to play 1 before playing 2? There's a deal for a PS4 Pro with RDR2 but I've never played the first.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    For people who have played both games, is it necessary to play 1 before playing 2? There's a deal for a PS4 Pro with RDR2 but I've never played the first.
    Its not required the game is mostly focused on the main characters arthur's story. Who is unknown in the first game.

But you do gain a lot by knowing the first games story.

Its an amazing story especially for a video game that deserves knowing the layers that build into so many beautiful moments.

I think the story might even be better if you don't know the RDR1 plot. It sort of telegraphs certain things as you know certain characters have plot armor, and the ending of the epilogue is pretty bittersweet if you know what happens in RDR1. It's a prequel in spite of the 2 attached to it if you can't figure that out by my wording btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I think the story might even be better if you don't know the RDR1 plot. It sort of telegraphs certain things as you know certain characters have plot armor, and the ending of the epilogue is pretty bittersweet if you know what happens in RDR1. It's a prequel in spite of the 2 attached to it if you can't figure that out by my wording btw.
    Yeah I can see that. But after playing RDR2 you would want to find out RDR1's story to better understand it.

But I laugh when I think of back before the game came out and people were trying to claim this game was a lame "cash grab" on retelling a story of john marston.

But this game was well in truely arthur's story.

And he'll go down in history as one of the best video game characters ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah I can see that. But after playing RDR2 you would want to find out RDR1's story to better understand it.

But I laugh when I think of back before the game came out and people were trying to claim this game was a lame "cash grab" on retelling a story of john marston.

But this game was well in truely arthur's story.

And he'll go down in history as one of the best video game characters ever.
    A lot of crow should have been eaten by rockstar haters after the game released, but they shifted goal posts to other issues and never ate it.

Remember, Rockstar no longer cares about SP after the success of GTAO... that's why they created the longest SP campaign they ever have which is twice as big as GTAV...

10+ Year Old Account
    What I find the most interesting specially if you played the first RDR:

The moment when Arthur and Dutch surrounded by the military in the cliff then Dutch said something you can't fight change and it is all over then jump in the cliff with Arthur? that moment actually is a clear forshadowing for his own death at the end of RDR1. My arabian Lightmere death at the end when Arthur said thank you that was sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post

The moment when Arthur and Dutch surrounded by the military in the cliff then Dutch said something you can't fight change and it is all over then jump in the cliff with Arthur? that moment actually is a clear forshadowing for his own death at the end of RDR1. My arabian Lightmere death at the end when Arthur said thank you that was sad.
    Watching buell die at the end got me more emotional then Arthur dying I really loved that horse.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Watching buell die at the end got me more emotional then Arthur dying I really loved that horse.
    Indeed man I had a white arabian horse I called it Lightmere (easter egg for Skyrim dark horse Shadowmere) and spent my entire game with her...so yeah it was super sad specially that last thank you....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post

Right?!? I knew Arthur was most likely going to die, but when my poor arabian Sasha died, I got super sad. Luckily, I had never gotten the poison trail treasure with Arthur so as soon as I could, I grabbed it with John and purchased a second arabian and named her Sasha II so my girl could live on in some form. I have not finished the Epilogue yet though so don't spoil it for me if John's horse also get killed or something!

Can you save the Buell stranger mission till after the epilogue?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Can you save the Buell stranger mission till after the epilogue?
    yes you can