Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was ok until i tried to watch it a 2nd time....man, it was bad.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    LoTR was crap.
    That's a pretty spicy take there, brochacho. Careful not to cut yourself on all that edge.
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Proving once again that the Americans have the best taste in the world, because this movie was hot stinking garbage. Everyone I know hated it, especially people who didn't know anything or very little about the game beforehand. The only saving grace were the set pieces, because the CGI and acting were SyFy-level bad.

If they ever made a sequel, it would probably make Transformers: The Last Knight look like Citizen Kane.
    No, proving once again that Americans are sheep that blindly follow bribed critics.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    No, proving once again that Americans are sheep that blindly follow bribed critics.
    I mean you only have to see RT's review of She-ra reboot and you can see it's full of NPCs and far-left progressives now.
    Which is funny because during the time of Last Jedi you could still trust the audience score at least. Now they're both corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The latest tweet of Duncan said ''not looking good'' so I wouldn't expect any new movie to come anytime soon. They completely missed the mark with the first movie and failed to appeal to the general audience, or even a lot of the fans. If they really wanted to cash in they should've made an Arthas movie released 10 years earlier, back when WoW was at its prime and the story of Arthas was coming to an end.
    At that time, the Revenge of the sith was on the cinema, probably people would have called the movie a "medieval star wars clone" besides you need to do some build up for the movie of Arthas like the Alliance of Lordaeron, the high elves, the orcs and their masters, Mediv and a lot of more things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    I would rather endure a Hot Carl than watch that movie again.

Given the amount of lore you have available it would be way better suited as a Castlevania style anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    LoTR was crap.

Youre all saying this movie was bad. You may be right, but how awesome was it seeing the dark portal open on the big screen? Seeing Grom for the first time, Guldan even. As bad as I thought this movie was, there were spine tingling moments that truly appealed to me through love of the game.
    Still a bad film tho, all my non wow friends liked it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie looked too redicilous.
    The live action vs CGI was just too weird.

The high elves and humans with their ridiculous armor and aesthetics just looked weird.
    If this entire movie was CGI or 2D it would have done way better.

Simply put when it went live action it suddenly had a lot to live up to and it failed spectacularly.

This looks like a bad sci-fi tv show.
    plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Sucks I liked it. And everyone I know liked it. But apparently, we were in minority.
    I didnt mind it but there was alot to dislike too.

- Every single one of the humans were miscast
    - Asian elves... weird
    - Chopped to fuck editing

They pretty much got the props and orcs dead on!

Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    Is there any new information, will there be or will not be a movie?
    Won't be one, first movie did poorly outside of China. They also sold all the props, so that's basically confirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

honestly, they should make computer animated television series IMO.

The CGI was awesome but live action and Warcraft don’t mix

They should release it on Mobile.

dojugyehafonz

even when duncan jones did a great job (what he imo did), its all about $$$ these days. and since „$$ bill ya“ wasnt enough, i assume there will not be a second part of a movie that maybe only genre specific fans view. or at least nobody will pay for making that movie because of „omg we dont earn millions of billions with that stuff. kick it!“ ...

brave new world...

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennriss View Post
    Don't think there will be one, first one was a financial flop.
    For a movie to break even, it has to make three times what it cost to make. It cost $113m to produce. It made (mostly thanks to China) $433m. That's not a flop. It wasn't monumentally successful, but it still wasn't a flop. It broke even and made a small profit comparatively.

The biggest issue with it was Legendary stepping in and making too many changes. Blizzard should have just done it as a CGI animation and told the story properly without all the dumbass alterations.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, it made money overall, it just wasn't this juggernaut people assumed it was going to be. It's US/EU box office was disappointing though, and I don't think Hollywood has really started making movies solely for the Chinese market.

Maybe in the future... But seeing how remake happy Hollywood is, I'd expect a reboot before a sequel.
    Unfortunately, it didn't make enough.

Why would those hack frauds in Hollywood choose to make art that pays for itself when they can churn out cook cutter super hero schlock and add a zero or two to their Christmas bonus instead?

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    Warcraft flopped pretty bad in the box office, so there will most likely never be a sequel.
    never say never, we just need to get jeff bezos to start playing wow.

Um no.. They completely failed with that all CGI film lol.. It may be a fantasy type movie, but having Orcs the size of houses going toe to toe with humans was the dumbest thing ever, gotta have some sense of realism... Wun-Wun looks more real than the entire Warcraft movie, thats what you call an epic fail