Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    DLC straight up on point today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Christie gets to fuck up another game, great.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    What? Those two were some of thee most major characters in WC3. They weren't secondary.

Is it just because they're female?
    REtconning Sylvanas with Gilneas and Wrathgate wasn't enough. Now they've had to completely redo Warcraft III just to ruin her character from 20 years ago

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Christie gets to fuck up another game, great.
    Christie Golden does not work in a vacuum, nor does she have full control to make whatever changes she wants. The people who are working on this project are dedicated to keeping the game as good as it was, they have a serious love for the game and are genuinely passionate about it. That's not a flimsy barrier between her somehow trashing the game, it's important and a good thing.

And even if she somehow manages to fuck things up, you still have the option to switch to the old voice lines and dialogue and pretend her version doesn't exist.

I wonder how they plan to stretch out Dalaran, considering that the place was gigantic during WC3 while in WoW its considerably smaller. I don't see how they could even fit a human base inside current Dalaran.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    "Christie Golden has come in to help clean up the dialogue"

God fucking dammit
    Well, guess it's for the best to simply not see this game as canon then. Not like it won't get retcon'd later on down the road anyway, so pick whatever you feel is best! Thanks Blizzard for trying to change our childhood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I wonder how they plan to stretch out Dalaran, considering that the place was gigantic during WC3 while in WoW its considerably smaller. I don't see how they could even fit a human base inside current Dalaran.
    Dalaran was bigger before Archimonde destroyed it and the wizards ripped it out of the game.

Why are they bringing up gender? This reminds me of when crunchyroll made their own cartoon and all they advertised was how it was made by females as if that is a smart selling point. I hope these morons dont ruin it.

Lol, i expected to see some Golden bashing, and the community never ceases to disappoint me. I have nothing against the lady (i haven't read a single book of hers), but people keep talking so badly about her all the time, so the bulling was predictable.

I don't think Blizzard should change the dialogues though. Warcraft 3 was a success and cutting out old stuff to be more in pair with today's WoW might fire back against Blizzard.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-11-27 at 04:22 PM.

Yikes, if Jaina and Sylvanas are their idea of deep, interesting characters, I'd hate to see what they dismissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if we are able to easily import WoW models into Reforged compared to the current WC3. I haven’t found an answer to that yet.

Locations being similar to WoW is what I’m looking forward to the most, Dalaran, Black Temple, Silvermoon, Mount Hyjal. Just drool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    So much for gamers being sexist like the dumb leftist narritive will have you believe. Women rising to power organically, everyone loving it and no one minding it is women.
    are you blind

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Unfortunately, they burned that bridge all the way back in Wrath of the Lich King.

Though, given how they have a weird tendency to randomly recast people anyway, even when the original voice actor is talking about how they are available on social media, there's a good chance we probably would have gotten someone different as Arthas regardless.
    Things are more complicated than an actor being available or not.

There are contracts and likely issues with royalties and pay. For example, Patrick Gross declined the offer to reprise Arthas because he and his agent wanted them to pay more. And I may be mixing things up, but I believe some of the WC3 voice actors were part of a company that had some sort of contractual conflicts preventing some or all of them from working on WoW.

IIRC, Blizzard also only hires SAG-AFTRA members since like 2012 which would prevent them from hiring non-union actors.

I have no problem with women being the main characters in the expansion, but I am not that stupid to believe this was unintentional.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Why are they bringing up gender? This reminds me of when crunchyroll made their own cartoon and all they advertised was how it was made by females as if that is a smart selling point. I hope these morons dont ruin it.
    They aren't, Forbes is.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • Christie Golden has come in to help clean up the dialogue.
    RIP WC3.

At least we'll always have the originals, no matter how many retcons they pile up.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosweaver View Post
    I have no problem with women being the main characters in the expansion, but I am not that stupid to believe this was unintentional.
    Jaina, Sylvanas, and Azshara have all long been established and it makes sense that they're all prominently featured in this story. All of the other female characters feel pretty organic to the story. Tyrande's the leader of the night elves, Jaina's father and brother are dead so her mother rules, etc.

Beyond them, there are plenty of male characters driving the narrative. Saurfang and Anduin, obviously, are getting a lot of the spotlight. Same for Rastakhan, Nathanos, Bwonsamdi, Zul, Genn, hell, even Gallywix and Mekkatorque.

A lot of the plot in this expansion has felt arbitrary or contrived, but the people most involved in the conflict is a pretty natural progression of the story.

Oh good, lets rewrite history and force more wamen to the front screen because reasons.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Varian left Anduin big shoes to fill and there's enough edgy chicks to off. Imo one will get the axe soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warcraft III was selected to be reforged first over the other two because of the community demand.
    Are they saying they were considering remaking I and II but went with III because of the community? If so, that'd be amazing to see I and II redone like III is.
    I think 1 and 2 deserved a remake more , we all know and love WC3 . For me personally 1 and 2 were kinda boring because of lack of characterization.