Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Indeed, at least ingame they have enough spine to say, the Alliance wins because of their numbers and their uberawesome super heroes with demigod powers. On a logical standpoint humans vs Orc 1 on 1, the humand would always loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    Unfortunately, it didn't make enough.

Why would those hack frauds in Hollywood choose to make art that pays for itself when they can churn out cook cutter super hero schlock and add a zero or two to their Christmas bonus instead?
    Let's be fair here, Warcraft was just schlock as well.

Heck with Live Action movie -- use the animation team who does the WoW cut scenes and make a movie using that.

I will also 2nd the view someone said about 1st time watching the WoW movie was not too bad but 2nd time around and your like -- OMG this does kind of suck.

If they did a movie using that animation i am not sure it would be a smash hit but i think it would make enough money from people who play WoW now and people who used to play WoW.

OR

Same thing but make a animated Series on like Netflix ... maybe both

Warcraft wasnt a bad movie, but it was a fan movie, it was made too heavily with fans in mind, its design had too many time lapses and not enough of a singular consistant plot, it was more of a cult classic, that had potential but lacked its full opportunity to shine.

Tbh, it was good, it just wasnt great.

I think the thing is, if they make another Warcraft movie, at the box office, they'd need alot of effort, I think its more likley, we will see a netflix live action warcraft series, to continue it. I suspect if their netflix diablo animated series is going to be a success (yes thats a thing mentioned in blizzards list of ideas for diablo) then if it works, warcraft might.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    The plot of the Movie was bad enough so nobody would miss it. And the only place where the box office was good was China, It flopped everywhere else.
    I had the impression that it was well-received in Europe as well. My s.o. is not into Warcraft at all, but he found the movie entertaining, and one of the good video game movies out there. I found the movie to be good as well, though I noticed the retcons. It was kinda like having WarCraft I told from the perspective of WoW, accounting for things they brought later to their setting. Of course, it's anecdotal.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    never say never, we just need to get jeff bezos to start playing wow.
    just have him buy blizzard, sack the scum working there currently, and make it great again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Warcraft wasnt a bad movie, but it was a fan movie
    half assed fanfic doesn't sell for the outcrowd wanting a cohesive movie and just like it's no longer selling as canon game lore.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

10+ Year Old Account
    Fact is, it was a passion project. And that passion isn't really around now to the degree it was several years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    It won't happen. They fucked up when they didn't start with Warcraft 3.
    Basically this. Wc3 had an easier plot to follow, not as many characters as in WC1 (at least the beginning) and therefore more interesting for people who had no idea what the whole warcraft universe is about. LotR did it right, which has a huge background story but the plot was still easy to follow.

All my none gamer friends like it and ask me when the next one is, more so now that it hit Netflix lol. So there is so interst in a part two, I for one want it. They can give a better movie now, used what worked and expanded on it.. maybe skip a move and go with a Netflix show.
    Last edited by Devilyaki; 2018-11-28 at 11:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I spoke with Duncan Jones briefly on twitter. He was quite amped for more movies but it is ultimately up to the studio / production company to provide more cash for another one.

Also:
    Budget $113 million-137 million
    Box office $433.7 million

Not sure if I would consider this "tanking".

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. First one wasn't good enough to make it a sure thing, and I doubt WoW will ever recapture the heights of popularity enough to warrant trying for another in the distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Prawnapple View Post
    I spoke with Duncan Jones briefly on twitter. He was quite amped for more movies but it is ultimately up to the studio / production company to provide more cash for another one.

Also:

Not sure if I would consider this "tanking".
    That's just the production budget. There's also the marketing budget, which can be anything from 50 to 125 million. Most of the box office income was made in China, and they keep part of the profit. The movie flopped badly in the US. It is said that a movie needs to earn at least double of the production and marketing budget just to break even. The movie would have needed to make at least 475 or 500 million box office for a chance for a sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Sucks I liked it. And everyone I know liked it. But apparently, we were in minority.
    Yup. I actually enjoyed it too.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Deleted
    Maybe they'll make an animted series. Would be the best way to tell the story considering how huge WoW's lore is.

The movie (as much as I liked it) was going to hard to fit the entire first war into a 2 hour movie, you can tell the movie was rushed. :P

If they made a high quality cinematic short , or hell 1 hour film and sell digitally on the internet they'd make bank IMO , in theaters it's always going to flop

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Sucks I liked it. And everyone I know liked it. But apparently, we were in minority.
    everyone in my guild was always ready to suck blizzards cock for no reason and we all disliked it, or at least meh`ed

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    Warcraft flopped pretty bad in the box office, so there will most likely never be a sequel.
    Well at germany and russia it out sold deadpool one and many other movies and it was among top 3 watched movies in many other European countries. the problem with it was that it flopped in US and US is alone like 50-60% of movies sales and as for chinas sales the international law made it that the studio got only one third of the money it made in china. So if big budget movies don't make money in US they always flop.

Coming to a mobile, near you, soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    Warcraft flopped pretty bad in the box office, so there will most likely never be a sequel.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_(film)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    Uh, except it didn`t. The only place where the movie bombed was the U.S., it did well pretty much everywhere else.
    Tanked even harder here. Even my boy Travis Fimmel couldn't help it. Too far off the source for WoW fans, to reliant on knowing WoW for non fans. Missed the mark hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedfreak View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_(film)
    And then directly underneath that on the same wiki page; However it was still considered a financial disappointment, losing between $15–40 million.