Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Because youre a troll. Im mad they perma banned genn, but they let your ass stay.
    Dude, you have an anime avatar and your user name is "Video Games". That automatically makes you a troll. A 4chan kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    It’s like they think Twitter is the only method to reach the public or something. If you want your voice heard by the most amount of people twitter isn’t the best. I don’t understand why anyone cares.
    They want the free version that they can then make money from is the tldr of it all tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    It’s like they think Twitter is the only method to reach the public or something. If you want your voice heard by the most amount of people twitter isn’t the best. I don’t understand why anyone cares.
    how many people actually have twitter anyway.

like i keep hearing about all these tweets but i dont know any one who actually has twitter, and i noticed this and started asking my friends and co workers so far only 2 out of about 30 ish people ive asked, actually has a twitter account.

who are these people on twitter, what is there demographic because they certainly arnt the averedge northern England joe at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    It is your opinion that they should be regulated, but the fact is, they are private businesses and may do as they like. If you want to start regulating private businesses, that is on you, but I don't want to go down that path. An actual private business may do as it likes as long as there are actual alternatives, and given this is the internet, I can find multiples.

Not to mention you don't need facebook or twitter to live, no one does.
    as i posted - i dont want them to, but it seems to be the only solution at this point. Correct, you dont need twitter or facebook, but by now everyone except those in denial, knows it extends much further. Google for example. Much of the media coming out of hollywood is now filled with agenda or shaped in fear of being labled.

Do we need any of those things? of course not. But asking people to live without google for example, touching some facet of their lives is a severe inconvenience at very best.

real democrats/liberals or should i say, freethinking ones also support ideals that frown upon this type of censorship and control. Need is irrelevant when tens of millions, billions of people consume the data, news, ideas, that come from these sources.

Soooo much power.

Along the same vein as indoctrination being taught in public schools as opposed to academia now. Or in equal share at least. But thats a whooooole nother thing. Point is it shapes ideals early on. Schools should be sticking to education just like social media should be neutral. (as should the media) but pipe dream.
    Last edited by klepp0906; 2018-11-29 at 11:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Rofl. Okay then, just like you're claiming that what I say is not factual. I guess everybody is a liar making claim and there's no proof of anything.

Or maybe there's people way smarter than you, who don't need a scientific research to understand what's in their face. But anyway, why am I or anyone else typing on the internet, everything is just a claim based on absolutely nothing that's happening in the real world.

- - - Updated - - -

Get in that post with the other NPC.
    So let me get this right you posted something you claimed to be fact, then when asked for evidence you only found other people news articles about people claiming the same thing, again without evidence. Then people pointed out that those articles aren't evidence and now you're smarter than them so you don't need evidence and their opinion is mindless repetition?

I've considered myself to be either a conservative-democrat or a liberal-republican, but I have no clue who Laura Loomer is and I'm thinking that it's a good thing that I do not.

That said, Twitter is open to being criticized by this loony person, her following or anyone who chooses to look at the situation now as they clearly do not openly enforce their own rules. Farrakhan not being banned is kind of a clear example of that. He's a staunch anti-semite and racist and it's amazing that he's still given a platform on Twitter.

-=-=-=-

Are conservatives being censored? No.

Is Twitter enforcing their rules on both sides? Absolutely Not.

Deleted
    Can you not technicallyyyyyy me and actually argue to the topic, please?
    to elaborate it does have a point to the debate. the government legislating for fair use of privately owned platforms has a basis and track record in legislation all ready in most country's.

legislating twitter wouldent be anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    as i posted - i dont want them to, but it seems to be the only solution at this point. Correct, you dont need twitter or facebook, but by now everyone except those in denial, knows it extends much further. Google for example. Much of the media coming out of hollywood is now filled with agenda or shaped in fear of being labled.

Do we need any of those things? of course not. But asking people to live without google for example, touching some facet of their lives is a severe inconvenience at very best.
    So help start a movement to counter these perceived agendas and change the world for how you view would be the better? Right now the market is deciding to go this way that you see as a negative, so gather people and rally to change the culture if you think it is bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Your obsession with and knowledge of america with you still posting what would be 3-5am over there is evidence enough. Dont bother with google translate. Youre not fooling me, trollmeister.
    https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/germany

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    to elaborate it does have a point to the debate. the government legislating for fair use of privately owned platforms has a basis and track record in legislation all ready in most country's.

legislating twitter wouldent be anything new.
    With what you bring up, that hypothetical microphone would be regulated because it harmed enough people's "peace", not because people were not allowed to use it. So it is off topic and diverting from the point I am making about "right for me to let people use my private property or not".

If I had a giant microphone that I owned myself that could get millions of people to hear when someone talked into it, I would have no obligation to allow people to use it. It is my property and thus I can regulate its usage as I want.
    That's not the reality of the situation though. Twitter is a monopoly and nothing is taking it's place in the near-future. It is the clear platform of choice for someone to reach a very large audience and have influence.

We are both right about this in our own ways, I see what you're saying, but disagree on the grounds that it's a monopoly...in the west anyway.

Twitter can do whatever the hell they want, justified or not. And I do think there exists cases where their actions aren't very justified. Looking at Laura Loomer's tweets though....she had it coming.

also its not about what you have discussed or not that makes a straw man, you can reframe arguments and make equivilances in debate where they are apt and this is such a case, it would only be a straw man if i misrepresented your argument which i am not as the fundemental structure of your point is exactly the same no matter what group you apply it to. unless you are being specific to conservatives in which case you are a bigot and thats your problem.
    They are not apt. at all. You pulled those specific groups out of your ass precicely because in your mind I MUST belong to somekind of leftist bogeyman stereotype endorsing said groups no matter what the issue. And once again, even though I have not mentioned them.

Deleted
    I simply typed in "feminism" and within 6 results I found something about the wage gap myth. The first three were definitions and feminist dot com, the fourth and fifth were stuff about trans people fighting against terfs.

I don't get this argument because even simple google searches find "different opinions" to me.
    they find the most sensationalist.

you got 1 alt right myth post.
    a bunch of turf cancer
    and the bee hive of man haters as the top results.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    in that tweet, he's restating something he said while preaching. he's calling jews termites.
    in that case hes an anti-Semite pile of shit.

but his donkey story is still good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Dude, you have an anime avatar and your user name is "Video Games". That automatically makes you a troll. A 4chan kid.

Nuh, im not letting somebody that pretzel logics themselves into saying whites are the best race call me a troll.

in that case hes an anti-Semite pile of shit.

but his donkey story is still good.
    his whole belief system is based on racism.

him and his followers believe that white people are demons created by an evil black scientist, and anti-semitism is absolute.

Deleted
    With what you bring up, that hypothetical microphone would be regulated because it harmed enough people's "peace", not because people were not allowed to use it. So it is off topic and diverting from the point I am making about "right for me to let people use my private property or not".
    ahh but you shouldn't confuse personal property and law with corporate property and law.

there very different things and the arm of government has vastly different reach on each.

in the UK we already police twitter and face book through the communications act and we do have public orders that ban people from using platforms, even cell phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    So let me get this right you posted something you claimed to be fact, then when asked for evidence you only found other people news articles about people claiming the same thing, again without evidence. Then people pointed out that those articles aren't evidence and now you're smarter than them so you don't need evidence and their opinion is mindless repetition?
    Basically what I'm saying is anyone can say anything is a claim. Just like people believed in gravity and then Einstein proved the first theory of gravity to be wrong.

Gravity was considered a fact before Einstein proved it wrong, and there's still people today who think gravity is the first theory and not Einstein's version of it.

So what was a fact turned out to be a claim, in this case, is the current fact really a fact or is it also a claim that will be proven wrong by a different fact in a thousand years?

Every facts are studied by humans who make mistake or make people believe that their claims are true. Facts are only what people decide to believe.

So you can take the information at hand, which is that social media companies are overwhelmingly leftist, and the claims of conservatives getting shit because of it, and realize it's most likely a fucking fact regardless of any scientific """""""""""""evidence""""""""""""""" that would sell you the idea.

Basically there's a giant amount of conservatives claiming they're getting shit because of very leftist medias. Whether it's all just claims, straight up lies, or true, it's happening, make of it what you want. Even if you see evidence of something you don't believe in, you can make the choice to say the evidence is just a claim, like fucking flat earthers, you sound exactly like flat earthers.

15+ Year Old Account
    This isnt his first thread, you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    his whole belief system is based on racism.

him and his followers believe that white people are demons created by an evil black scientist, and anti-semitism is absolute.
    well yea hes right, i was made by Dr. Gero for the all white red ribbon army to opress the popo's and kill the goku's duuuuuuuuuuh wernt you ?