Poll: Do you agree with Marc Lamont Hill being fired?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Silly thing to say but it could be kinda fun to see their reaction to a Jewish baby that was genetically modified to have blond hair, blue eyes and maybe a red beard.
    There are tons of jews that have those characteristics. Celebrity examples: Bar Refaeli (an israeli), Scarlett Johansson.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Forced by whom to be neutral? You mean biased humans who are pushing a political agenda? Yeah, that didn't work out too well under fascism and communism... let's try it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Any rights as in to private property?

What exactly would be your argument that their civil rights as a company or the owners shouldn't have the right to exercise in what is best business for them provided legally they aren't harming anyone?

And you don't give two fucking shits about them being neutral, you care about them conforming to your personal beliefs or that of the group you choose, and that is unconstitutional. They have every right not to be neutral on anything. If you don't like it you have the FREEDOM to start your own company.
    there is a way to be neutral: force nobody to conform to anyone's beliefs, and speak freely.

that is true neutrality, that is what i want.

the only right a company deserves is to not have their services/goods stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Do you think that his statements were anti-Semitic? Do you agree with him being fired? And would it be reasonable for the United States to pass laws making support for the boycott and divest movement illegal like HR 1697? (https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/1697)

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/exclusiv...rael-comments/
    I think israel should be recognized as an illegal occupation of sovereign lands and should be dismantled and returned to Palestine, allowing all residents to come to the US (or any other country that will have them).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levaustian View Post
    There are tons of jews that have those characteristics. Celebrity examples: Bar Refaeli (an israeli), Scarlett Johansson.
    scarojo has an american jewish mother and a Danish father. does this make her "a jew"?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there is a way to be neutral: force nobody to conform to anyone's beliefs, and speak freely.

But that's not neutral, as you are forcing a limitation on being able to speak freely.

isnt using a private company's platform to say something they dont agree with a theft of their service? if someone spray painted a swastika on the side of my house, i wouldnt just say "oh well, i cant stop them from speaking their mind", i would erase it.

10+ Year Old Account

No you are trying to use the term Neutral to basically target those who discriminate against who you don't like, that isn't how this works.

No companies and business have rights because they represent share holders or owners all of whom have a vested interest, YOU do not, so YOU can patronize somewhere else.

Fox is free to hire as many bimbos and empty headed dude bros to read a teleprompter and make shit up, that is their constitutional right as a business and their civil right to control their image.

In fact I don't even have a problem with their reporting being conservative or alt- right in general, however since they are supposed to serve the public trust, I think it would be nice if they were stripped of being able to call themselves NEWS.

However Fox News isn't the only ones guilty of it, CNN, MSNBC and most of all the Youtube Blogger news web trash. But that is neither here nor there now.

So if we aren't even going to hold business or corporations accountable for serving the public trust and not lying or misleading with the NEWS, we sure as fuck can't restrict a business like Twitter, Google or CNN in general from protecting their brands as they see fit, or any other company.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    scarojo has an american jewish mother and a Danish father. does this make her "a jew"?
    It does, as it is passed on by mothers for jews.
    But let's be honest, she's not an archetype

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    That does not make sense since the jewish community is what the 'whites' hate. So shouldnt he be endores then?
    I mean the US got a president who love to portray neo-nazis as "very fine people".
    trump sucks israels dick, are you not paying attention

- - - Updated - - -

Israel is run by whites. Claiming Ashkenazim aren't whites is as silly as claiming the French don't qualify as whites.
    they dont consider themselves as whites

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    I think israel should be recognized as an illegal occupation of sovereign lands and should be dismantled and returned to Palestine, allowing all residents to come to the US (or any other country that will have them).
    As soon as you agree to let the Kurds have their land, Nepal independent, and China handed back over to Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    China handed back over to Taiwan.
    Taiwan isn't a different ethnic group. That's a civil war between Han Chinese.

1. I do not find his statements anti semitic.

2. It was right to sack him. If you are a political commentator on the payroll of a media outlet, keep your opinions to yourself. This isn't Fox News.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvestra View Post
    trump sucks israels dick, are you not paying attention
    He sure does, when it suits him. Trump got no problem pissing on jews when it suits his needs, see my previous example.
    Also, Im talking about jewish related issues not Israeli
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

He sure does, when it suits him. Trump got no problem pissing on jews when it suits his needs, see my previous example.
    He loves jews dude, all his kids are married to jews. Guess thats not the narrative though I guess, he's a neo nazi who allowed his entire family to marry jews lmao...

10+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect. Trump is simply a jackass in wolf's clothing ... not an antisemitic neo-nazi.
    Cheeto Conservatism =/= Nazism. So sorry .... but he'll have to amp up his efforts many times over to be considered a full blown jingoist "Heil Hitler" sort ...

Borrowing lines from Hamas seems pretty extreme for cable news so I would probably fire him. He seems to disagree with this characterization of his statement "from sea to the river" but it should be pretty obvious that this implies taking away Israeli land. So he is either stupid or trying to save face, considering he is a tenured professor I would think the latter is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by motorized View Post
    Mel Gibson was ostracized for vilifying the Jewish people that control Hollywood (sure it was a drunken rant but still), now they taken out a reporter for exercising his freedom of speech.
    This comes up in every thread about speech. Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence. CNN is not stopping him from saying those things or holding those views. They just aren't going to pay him to say them on air.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Its ridiculous to say something is "anti-Semitic" because it doesn't benefit the well being of Israel. There are Jews in every country.

Its essentially a strawman, distracting people from the issues through allegations of some form of prejudice. The Democrats did this whenever anyone pointed out valid criticisms of Clinton during the primaries and general. The Republicans do it whenever anyone points out valid criticisms of Israel.

It shouldn't be a shock that CNN fired someone. Contrary to popular belief, they are not a liberal outlet. How could a corporate owned media ever conceivably be liberal?
    He wasn't pointing out valid criticisms. He was making a statement with a lot of flowery language in it that (supposedly) inadvertently included language used by Hamas.

CNN does have people who are critical of Israel. They are also definitely center-left (or more specifically "anything anti-Trump or anti-Republican"). Corporate media can definitely be left-wing and I think most people realize that besides Noam Chomsky and people who share an ideological affinity with the person in your profile picture.

First of all. I dont live in a nation where free speech is safely protected by law. Aka im not from the US.
    Even if im pro israel and very much against palestinian terrorism i would support his right to say what he wants and support whatever and whoever he wants.
    Thats in the constitution. You shouldnt be fired, punished or have negative consequenses for opinions.

However if you try to make people call to arms and do stupid shit, like supporting the murder of jews etc, then you should be punished.
    That goes for any sort of encouraging people to take physical actions towars any group of people.

But free speech? Saying what you feel and what you really think and believe? No... nobody should be punished for that. Ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you agree with him being fired?
    CNN can fire whomever they want, whenever they want, as long as it's a legal reason. In this case ...
    ... the problem wasn't his anti-Israel remarks, but the "from river to sea" bit. Which he was noted using TWICE ...?
    Highly provocative phrase, which would essentially be the equivalent of an ethnic German today calling for the reclamation of Sudetenland thru East Prussia ....

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Using old demographics as an argument opens up a can of worms.

Should Greece and Armenia get to carve up Turkey because it used to be their land? Should Mongolia get to seize Inner Mongolia from China? Should Iran annex Iraq because Iraq was part of previous Persian dynasties?
    Sure. I don't care.