Poll: Who is your favorite Old God?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yogg for them tooth eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Elune being a seemingly benevolent Old God would be amazing. Imagine the Nelf tears.
    Elune could be a Lightforged Old God. I mean, there's that one dreadlord with the faceroll name.

IT COULD HAPPEN.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Elune being a seemingly benevolent Old God would be amazing. Imagine the Nelf tears.
    It would be rather delicious, wouldn't it?

Well, we know that the lunar lady is apparently accepting of some more barbaric forms of worship, such as blood sacrifice (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ten_Pounds_of_Flesh)... Perhaps there's more to Elune than the Kaldorei would wish to know...?

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    They are all parasitic blights and must be purged!

Favourite is Elune though...
    Odyn is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

C'thun! He comes in a Mech variant! Also, C'thun decks are awesome as heck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Odyn is that you?
    *puts on old man costume and scurries away*

No one, they are just losers, peons, minions. The Void Lords are the real deal, and I can't wait to meet them in the next expansion.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    N'zoth, hands down. I get the Yogg-love, but N'zoth has been built up the most. Azshara and the naga still exist thanks to him. He brought us a renewed and thoroughly corrupted Deathwing, which was cool throughout the Cataclysm, even if the battle with him was arguably underwhelming. Cho'gall and the Twilight's Hammer aided his cause, though I suppose that can be sort of stated for C'thun as well.

Yogg may have the Emerald Nightmare to his name, but N'zoth used that to spread his whispers as well after Yogg enabled its usage. Xavius was a servant of N'zoth even.

He's probably had the biggest hand in sewing discord across Azeroth, and I for one enjoy the conflicts. Stormsong Valley is also the best (non-island) locale in BfA, so thank N'zoth for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vessel View Post
    I love all of them. For a long time Y'Shaarj was my number one ('All should bow before, youuu... MAKE THEM!'). But the moment I heard first N'zoth's 'hmmm' in Warbringer series I started to adore him. And I'm going to take a break for 8.2 and 8.3 if Shath'Yar would be the main villan. God, I wish we could join the Black Empire...
    https://youtu.be/hndyTy3uiZM?t=165

I agree! "Hmm... deals? I like deals." Darin De Paul is a great actor. He voiced the Sith Emperor in SWTOR.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    https://youtu.be/hndyTy3uiZM?t=165

I agree! "Hmm... deals? I like deals." Darin De Paul is a great actor. He voiced the Sith Emperor in SWTOR.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw4E-jt0ZYM

Yogg Saron beats everything without any competition.

I would say Yogg-Saron > C'Thun > N'Zoth > Y’shaarj (not rating Xal'atah since I don't believe its an Old God)

Yogg-Saron has some amazing build up all troughout Northrend, you can really feel his presence and corruption at some places like the gorge in Howling Fjord and all the saronite mines. And he is responsible for all the shit that happened with Ulduar, the titan keepers and the iron dwarves, who are basically the second main enemy you fight in WotLK with the Scourge being the main threat. He's the final boss in arguably WoW's best raid, and his encounter is one of the best and most memorable. Defeating this guy really felt like a huge accomplishment.

C'Thun scores well for being so secretive within Ahn'Qiraj, giving outsiders no idea of what is going on with the Qiraji. He's one of the more memorable foes in all of WoW for having such a great (but broken) encounter.

N'Zoth has yet to be fought so I can't be rating his encounter yet. I feel like Blizzard is drawing him out for so long, and has yet to really do anything in WoW as he just sends his servants to do mundane tasks. I hope that all the build up pays off eventually. He also loses points for being talked down to freaking Azshara.

Y’shaarj is my least favorite as he never really did anything of notice, other than ofcourse corrupting parts in Pandaria and losing his hearth to Garrosh. I think its rather dissapointing that we never got to fight him when he was alive somehow. Maybe have him as a 1 boss raid that takes place in the Caverns of Time, to give players an diea of what Y’shaarj was capable of when he was alive.

Deleted
    N’Zoth was my favorite from the beginning. Of all the Old Gods, in N’Zoth is the essence of Lovecraft made manifest most beautifully.

Zeus, Poseidon and Hades

Going to go with Y'shaarj. The sha were a cool idea to explore in the burdens of shaohao series, if underwhelming in game.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Y’shaarj is my least favorite as he never really did anything of notice, other than ofcourse corrupting parts in Pandaria and losing his hearth to Garrosh. I think its rather dissapointing that we never got to fight him when he was alive somehow. Maybe have him as a 1 boss raid that takes place in the Caverns of Time, to give players an diea of what Y’shaarj was capable of when he was alive.
    Y'Shaarj was never imprisoned tho, which means even in the caverns, we would fight him at a power lvl where he would literally obliterate us. Dude was the single most dominating force on azeroth at his time, and it took a fully sized titan to kill ihm.

On topic: i've always liked C'Thun. His design and almost emotionless cold voice, just oozes that "eldritch space god monster" feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Odyn is that you?
    Doesn't talk about (their lack of) honor, glory or courage, so no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably N'Zoth, because he's so mysterious (currently), and the Warbringers cinematic had a great horror theme that I enjoyed.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of the Old Gods as villains, but I'll have to go with N'Zoth. He's the one who had the most lasting influence in the overall story thus far. He's been with us since Cataclysm. He's the one who created the Naga, the one who was behind Deathwing's cataclysm and his Hour of Twilight, who was behind Xavius and the Emerald Nightmare in Legion. I like how we gradually got introduced to him. It made him more mysterious. We are now about to meet him face to face at last. C'thun and Yogg-Saron were cool, but they were there only for Vanilla for the first and WotLK for the second. They were not driving the story, the story was driving them. Y'Shaarj was... dead, and we only dealt with emanations of his being, the Sha. As for Xal'atath, she is interesting of course, but appart from her comments, she is just beginning to act on her own. What kind of evil she has in store for us (if any) remains to be seen.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    C'thun had the largest impact on me because it was such a different scenario than what I was used to up until that point. The Lovecraftian influence brought to bear after having to trudge through a very, very, very long road of your typical Fantasy tropes which essentially laid the foundation of the franchise and is just as relevant now as he was back then because of it.

I guess I'm a sentimental kind of guy.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nzoth has probably had the biggest influence over WoW lore of them all. Most of my favorite raids are Nzoth-related. I think people hear the word "weakest" and think he is somehow not as strong as old gods really are. Something about the conflict of lore and gameplay.

Nzoth is responsible for everything Xavius, Deathwing, and Azshara (post Legion) ever did. The only other villains of their tier to do similar amounts of destruction are the Lich King and Loken.