Page 1 of 3
LastLast

paragon chests in bfa

So, chests are coming soon.
    Blizzard said it was probably a mistake not to have them from the beginning.
    Ok.

But what will actually be in there this expansion?
    We already know no mounts. Which should also mean no pets. We also do not have legendaries.
    So... Azerite and gold and war ressources? Thats about it? Because that basically means the system is also not relevant. Or do we already know what to expect?

It's already known that there will be paragon toys to get from the chests, which is a fair middle ground between mounts and nothing I think.

There's Toys, but also Rank 3 of the new feast and food that use Sanguicell come from the Tortollan Paragon Chests, which is frankly worse than mounts. Hopefully they're not nearly as rare as everything else from those chests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im fine with the azerite.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are toys and pets. Just no mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    There are toys and pets. Just no mounts.
    Which is a shame because that will add some interest or relevance in soing WQ, I love my stormdrake has come from the chest intead of rng raid which is even more rare to get
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The problem with Paragon chests wasn't that there were mounts, was the drop rate. I'm still missing some of the Legion ones I'm not even bothering anymore, fuck that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    The problem with Paragon chests wasn't that there were mounts, was the drop rate. I'm still missing some of the Legion ones I'm not even bothering anymore, fuck that.
    Each chest should have given you a currency to unlock a mount from a mount vender. Put 10 on there. 5 for 500 currency, 3 for 1000 and 2 for 2500. Each chest drops anywhere from 75-200.

Each chest should have given you a currency to unlock a mount from a mount vender. Put 10 on there. 5 for 500 currency, 3 for 1000 and 2 for 2500. Each chest drops anywhere from 75-200.
    That's an awesome idea. Too bad Blizzard isn't interested in player satisfaction anymore.

Even if they did a pseudo-lootbox system where you get a random mount BUT you are guaranteed no duplicates and you have either currency or BLP building towards it, most of people's aggravation would be over, as it always boils down to "I got 5 copies of x mount but I haven't gotten y mount after months / years of grinding".

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Even if they did a pseudo-lootbox system where you get a random mount BUT you are guaranteed no duplicates and you have either currency or BLP building towards it, most of people's aggravation would be over, as it always boils down to "I got 5 copies of x mount but I haven't gotten y mount after months / years of grinding".
    Yeah, I got duplicate of the Stormdrake, what a kick in the pants. I love spending 2 years working for a rep mount with nothing to show for it...
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

And now they're possibly worse! There's actually useful stuff in at least the Tortollan one. Only way to get rank 3 of the Sanguicell Feast and individual food.

Yeah because we don't have tons of gold to pay for a feast or individual food,
    Oh yeah I'm gonna do those Tortollan dailies because they are really really fun and I'm going to save 1000 gold at the end of the months.

Oh god, more of that ultra random shit that relies on you doing the worst content the game has to offer..

I'd rather start pet battles than grind more dailies again..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-12-03 at 05:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Ok.

We already know no mounts. Which should also mean no pets. We also do not have legendaries.
    So... Azerite and gold and war ressources? Thats about it? Because that basically means the system is also not relevant. Or do we already know what to expect?
    Oh thank the lords... Finally a reason to do World Quests.

They found at least pets to be in them. So, guessing some catch up gear, pets, resources and Azerite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Oh god, more of that ultra random shit that relies on you doing the worst content the game has to offer..

I'd rather start pet battles than grind more dailies again..
    Then don't do them?

Means you don't need to do world quests, or want to.

While others would like World Quests to be more rewarding.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Ok.

It was indeed a mistake not to have them from the start simply because even after you reach exalted you still have missions and WQ's whose reward is rep .. mmmk.

But, chests were a mistake to begin with IMO. They could've just turned WQ's to provide a bonus if you are at exalted and still complete WQ's. For example extra gold or random mats (gems, herbs, ore, dust etc.) in addition to their reward. And then have mounts, pets, toys as a random chance from the regular emissary daily where applicable and where they make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh thank the lords... Finally a reason to do World Quests.

They found at least pets to be in them. So, guessing some catch up gear, pets, resources and Azerite.
    Which still means... nothing. The thing is that WQs alone are so unrewarding that the paragon chests need to provide something to make them worthwhile.
    ... Catch up gear, pets and azerite are not worthwhile

10+ Year Old Account
    Which still means... nothing. The thing is that WQs alone are so unrewarding that the paragon chests need to provide something to make them worthwhile.
    ... Catch up gear, pets and azerite are not worthwhile
    Then you don't do it? It is worthwhile for others? Currently bleeding out resources because I just can't be bothered doing WQ's when the reward doesn't counter the job. At least you earn a little with having Paragon back.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't think the problem was the drop rate, the problem was players who wanted all the mounts NOW!!!!.

The thing about all the rep grinds is that the emissary quest is by far the most efficient way to get rep, it just requires patience. So if you're prepared to have a bit of patience and are diligent about doing the emissaries you need for your outstanding mounts then it can be done with relatively low effort. People who decided to try and rush things and did every available world quest were just asking for a torrid time.

I got all my mounts by playing it smart. Over the course of Legion I levelled up 3 alts in addition to my main (that means about 1 new alt every 4 or so months). And I only ever bothered doing the emissaries for the mounts I needed. The nett result was that I wasn't doing that many emissaries overall because as my number of active toons increased, the number of emissaries I needed was going down. By the time I had my 3rd alt ready for paragon chests I only needed Court of Farondis, so the only emissaries I was actively pursuing were Farondis and Kirin Tor.

Something else I didn't even take advantage of was follower missions. Those are a tremendous source of rep. Once the gold missions disappeared with the BfA prepatch I actually ramped up those missions and sent my followers on pretty much every rep mission that popped up. Then I saved all the tokens until the Darkmoon Faire to redeem them all (Don't make the mistake I made though, you can cap your paragon rep which then wastes the tokens). It actually worked out pretty conveniently because I'd load up 1 toon with all the rep tokens for a faction, fly it off and then turn in like 4 paragon chests in one go. Even the ones I didn't need for mounts gave me quite a bit of gold and order hall resources. About a month into BfA I got my last mount.

Honestly, compared to the effort I have put in for some mounts, these were a breeze. I got most of them without even trying, just for playing the game. You pretty much needed to do some emissaries in Legion, the mounts simply focused which ones. And it was only really the last one where I found myself continuing to do emissaries that I probably would have otherwise stopped bothering with. I cannot honestly say that even that last mount was as much effort as a typical Invicible type grind.

Now if they only will make mission table rep rewards bind on account tokens! That will need to be in another patch, when they give us back something they took away and act like its exciting new content in a patch to look forward too :P
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles