Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Whose guild has "died" after the Thanksgiving break?

Just a thread on reddit touching about this issue: my guild took a week off during the week of Thanksgiving since everyone was travelling and people wouldn't be able to make it to Mythic raiding progression.

The week after, 14 people logged on. Before, we had trouble getting the full 20 but had a consisent 18-19 logging on.

Now? 7 of my guild mates who were logging on every day before the break haven't bothered to log on.

We're actually progressing decently too as we're tackling Fetid Devourer which we almost have down and will move on to Zul.

Thanksgiving break has been a deathknell for many guilds. It has been for mine. TBH, I'm guilty of it too since I've only logged for raid time last Tuesday and Wednesday and haven't bothered to log back on this week at all.

8.1 can't come fast enough but even then, not sure if it will be enough content until 8.2

My guild died about 6 weeks after release, had a roster of about 45-50 going into the expansion for a Mythic roster and also casual heroics and M+ roster. I can't imagine how many unsubs and guilds have broken up thus far in the expansion.

For context, our guild had been raiding in WoW(raided in many other games before this) since MoP ranging from top 10 - top 50 US, so it had stability. Just overall people bored and burned out.
    Last edited by crono14; 2018-12-03 at 04:33 PM.

guild is still going, but it certainly didnt help. we've been consistently replacing people starting not too long after the xpac, but i imagine the story is the same almost everywhere.

im even struggling to log in tbh. doing so purely out of duty at this point but i can even feel that coming to an end sooner rather than later.

Ours had a roster of 70 including casuals and raiders.

It's still going pretty strong at 50-60 at peak times.

Yup. Killed ours too. No one seems to care much about the game anymore. Uldir was fun but short lived.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought mine would, but nope we got to ghuun. People want their ce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'm not surprised that guilds are dying. There's not much to do in this expansion and it feels like we're in a content drought despite it only being the first patch. 8.1 isn't doing enough to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'm not surprised that guilds are dying. There's not much to do in this expansion and it feels like we're in a content drought despite it only being the first patch. 8.1 isn't doing enough to fix that.
    This is a perfect analogy. The game feels like it did at the end of WoD in that content draught

Huh, interesting. I wouldn't think one break would kill a raiding guild. Thanksgiving isn't even a whole week worth of break either.

Thanksgiving didn't do anything to my guild, but all of us are only logging in for raid (or weekly mythic+). Content outside of the raid is currently dead for a mythic raiding guild, but that's fairly normal this late into the tier. So unless they release raids faster this will happen again every time.

The Faction war interestingly enough is what ruined the content for this expansions, a side plot to keep us busy until The Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild has been dead for over a year now! I may move (along with my demon hunter, hunter, and warrior) to my friend's server over on Hyjal during the next service sale.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead since late October.

My guild died at the same time, but I don't think it was specifically due to Thanksgiving. My boyfriend, another couple and myself have all been playing nonstop through legion and all just got burnt out around the same time, and decided to unsub for a bit and enjoy other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Like any previous expansions had anything to do outside of raiding . But lets spread nonsense because its what all cool kids do nowadays

Our guild's taken a more relaxed raiding schedule since our CE g'huun kill but still alive and kicking at the moment.

Legion had a pretty high benchmark for me for guilds collapsing (pretty much almost every tier I experienced guilds calling it a day and having to find a new one). If I can get at least get through 2 patches before having to find a new guild it'll already be better than previous expansion.

Why would it happen after the break? I think Thanksgiving would drive me quickly back to WoW, not away from it heh.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Hoenstly, WoW's spell broke over the break for me.

I stopped raiding after realizing how depressing the removal of Master Loot made progression raiding.

We used to joke about loot that would get DE'd because no one needed it.

Now we get grumpy because a drop lands for someone and it's an ilvl upgrade, but not an actual numerical upgrade due to shitty stats.

Can't trade it because of Blizzard's shit ideas.

The dopamine isn't there. Either I'm pushing M+ (which generates more stress than reward) as its the only thing to do, or I'm insanely bored because there's nothing else worth doing. I tried some PvP, but 40 conquest points per match won, I may as well just not even.

I remember getting gear in a box per match in Legion. WTF.

I'm installing FFXIV tonight.

I'll log in for RP activities with my guild.
    Last edited by Mazinger-Z; 2018-12-03 at 05:26 PM.

My solo guild is alive and well!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    My guild has been essentially dead since mid-October, and is pretty much completely dead now.

8.1 isn't generating much excitement by itself, and the next raid not coming out until January or February is way too long.

For context:

Legion Launch Date - 8/30/16
    Legion First Raid Launch Date - 9/20/16 (3 weeks post launch)
    Legion First Major Patch Date - 10/25/16 (8 weeks post launch)
    Legion Second Raid Launch Date - 11/8/16 (7 weeks post first raid)

BfA Launch Date - 8/14/18 (nearly 3 months more time to build than Legion)
    BfA First Raid Launch Date - 9/4/18 (3 weeks post launch)
    BfA First Major Patch Date - 12/11/18 (17 weeks post launch - aka more than twice as long as Legion)
    BfA Second Raid Launch Date - 1/22/19 (Estimated) (20 weeks post first raid - aka nearly 3 times as long as Legion)

So, not only did Blizz kick out an objectively lesser expansion compared to Legion, they are incredibly slow in continuing with the expansion. Blizz themselves are what is killing the guilds and this game.

Dead since late October, but to be fair one of the reasons is me, since I am part of the people who at least stopped raiding atm.