Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I manage to not always break things. Mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    /thread

Nah, but really, that's incredible. Thanks for sharing. My uncle is a retired fire police chief, and he's always there for the Indy 500 races. He's told me some great stories about the pit crews and their comradarie.
    haha thanks but ya man I am sure your Pops has told you or you have seen it but that is the most incredible event the first time and anyone that hasn't even if hate motorsports should.

If nothing else but to see upwards of 400,000 people in one small place like that, it's crazy (used to be a pretty good infield party back when racing was fun too LMFAO)
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it could as mechanical feats, but I renovated our kitchen completely myself, including rewiring and adding outlets and lights and installing all machines.
    I build our PCs from scratch several times.

Latest feat: I build a medieval lyre

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    My brother and I took a school bus and converted it to an RV. We traveled national parks for 2 months in it.
    https://imgur.com/a/10hyQxa

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    My brother and I took a school bus and converted it to an RV. We traveled national parks for 2 months in it.
    https://imgur.com/a/10hyQxa

Yesterday a light in our kitchen fan wasn't working.
    I hit it once and it flickered. I tried hitting it again and it flickered just the same.
    I hit it a lot harder and it lighted up. Still working.

Can post pictures if interested.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    -snip-
    Mine was much more pretty!

I had a DVD player that didn't always work. A slight slap on the side made it work. Yay! Such technical insight!

I did like 10 % of the job when changing my car's oil and oil filter

We have a shredder at work that doesn't always function 100 % so we do what we can do make it work. Conveyor belt fucks up, the technology doesn't always cooperate etc :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Not sure doing something electrical would count as mechanical.. I guess it would also be kinda cheating to name building your own devices as an electrical engineer, since desiging and soldering your own prototype is kinda part of the job. Not to mention all the odd jobs in uni from various projects in robotics, e-cars, etc.

My biggest mechanical feat was probably messing around with industrial machinery, though that is also part of the job during the R&D phases.. so I guess fixing my first motor cycle (after neglecting the poor thing for too long) was probably the only thing that would really count. But that was just disasembling it with a manual and cleaning all the parts that got gunked and replacing a few, I also had the factory service manual for it .

- - - Updated - - -

Since they don't build the steel series merc stealth anymore I was considering to make my own break-out left hand keyboard just for that, but I was kinda scared-off so far by 3D printing custom key shapes :/.
    If you are handy with a soldering iron you can easily build your own,no 3d printing required,you can buy pcb's,switch plates,switches,and keycaps pretty cheaply,I paid $20 for my pcb's,$15 for the Pro Micros to use as controllers,top switch plates were laser cut for $30,bottom plates were $7 from a guy on ebay,pulled the switches from another keyboard I wasn't using saved $40 doing that,keycaps were $45 from Kbdfans,so all in maybe $140 including a couple hours of soldering and now I have a keyboard I can reprogram to any layout I choose whenever I choose.

Electrical stuff in a home isn't an issue for me.

For the purpose of this thread however, I once changed a serpentine belt out of '92 Dodge Dakota. (Had to use a big screwdriver for a lever, and in the heat and humidity of the usual hot shitty day in July...I had quite the bath in sweat)

Deleted
    Defeating Pontiff Sulyvahn. Everything else I could beat somehow, except for this fucker.

I also hit a hole into my desk with my bare fist while fighting Bell Gargoyles. So I thank the Dark Souls franchise for at least two of my greatest mechanical feats.

Otherwise that one time I got a new fridge and I managed to carry it into my flat alone. Then I fumble its cable (which I'd lengthened with string) behind and above the cupboard with my mouth while heaving the fridge itself into the board niche.

I once built a fiberglass drag racer at the mere age of 7. The Master of Mischief didn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    If you are handy with a soldering iron you can easily build your own,no 3d printing required,you can buy pcb's,switch plates,switches,and keycaps pretty cheaply,I paid $20 for my pcb's,$15 for the Pro Micros to use as controllers,top switch plates were laser cut for $30,bottom plates were $7 from a guy on ebay,pulled the switches from another keyboard I wasn't using saved $40 doing that,keycaps were $45 from Kbdfans,so all in maybe $140 including a couple hours of soldering and now I have a keyboard I can reprogram to any layout I choose whenever I choose.
    Hmm sounds interesting, definitely something I will investigate, since my bought one starts to show the signs of aging and I've really got used to the more ergonomic placement for gaming (especially the number keys).
    Edit: I guess my reason for it didn't come across properly though, i want to replicate this essentially: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...43997410599885
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-12-04 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely rewired (from scratch) an old pickup over a weekend because I was bored.
    Jury rigged a coolant overflow tank to be a gas tank to limp home when my fuel line plugged.
    I have replaced soldered on CPUs in computers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I changed the thermostat in my Nova. I had a knack for getting office printers to work when they'd fuck up.