Poll: Shoes in the house, ON or OFF?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shoes off, if your feet stink you can keep your shoes on because I got disposable shoe covers (I don't want to smell corn fritos) . Otherwise shoes off...too many people spitting and pissing out in the streets and I live in Detroit where dog owners don't pick after them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Btw have you tried walking around without shoes in an house with tile floors in the winter?
    That's what slippers are for.

But yes, basic human hygiene might be a bit of stretch. Depends on climate.

We have a no shoes upstairs rule cos we care about the new upstairs carpet!

Off. What are you, a barbarian? If your floor os dirt and sand, fine. In a house the shoes are off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off, and i don't walk on socks in the house either.

I wear slippers, which are only used inside the house.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Are you American? I've almost never heard of something like this outside of America. Seems so dirty.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd never allow anyone to enter with shoes on, for almost any reason.
    Same at our home and almost everyone else I know.
    We take our shoes off at the door and have special storage for them but we do not trouble company.
    Most people remove their shoes anyway except for company that are not staying long.

Here in ND people are very careful in the winter because of the obvious but not as much in the summer.
    In AZ I observed the same thing although it is a bit more common to leave shoes on depending on the type of carpet/floor.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post

That's it simple as that girlfriend lives with me now has for a few months, getting used to some small differences, I never walked on carpet in the house with shoes, however my girlfriend, no shoes on the house period LOL.

So how about you, what is your custom or culture concerning this and where are you from, Shoes On or Off?
    No Shoes in the house. I might wear slippers inside if it's cold but I never wear them outside. No need to track all that dirt and shit inside. I go to other peoples house and they have their shoes on and it makes me OCD I want to take their shoes off and tell them to live like civilized people!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I wear shoes indoors?

What the fuck, shoes off! Savages.

What ever you want to do.

But I'll tell you to either put your shoes on or go wash your feet if they stink in my place.

Also with my new place it's laminate flooring, no matter what you doing dust and debris builds up insanely quickly, when I walk around with no shoes on, I can feel those bits clinging to me,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Shoes off, if your feet stink you can keep your shoes on because I got disposable shoe covers (I don't want to smell corn fritos) . Otherwise shoes off...too many people spitting and pissing out in the streets and I live in Detroit where dog owners don't pick after them.
    In ten years of being on this forum, this has to be the saddest comment I've ever seen.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Shoes off after entering the house, and if it's cold slippers put on.

Only place in the world i have seen folks not take them of is in the USA. for most people it is common sense to leave your shoes off when you get inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    What ever you want to do.

But I'll tell you to either put your shoes on or go wash your feet if they stink in my place.

Also with my new place it's laminate flooring, no matter what you doing dust and debris builds up insanely quickly, when I walk around with no shoes on, I can feel those bits clinging to me,

- - - Updated - - -

In ten years of being on this forum, this has to be the saddest comment I've ever seen.
    Huh? They use them in food production factories, bakeries, and hospitals..... My friend had athletes foot and his first time entering my house when I told him shoes off and he felt exposed in front of everyone else so I came up with a quick solution of those shoes covers that I use on the job, he kept his dignity and I keep my nose and from being destroyed by stank ass feet. I don't understand how this can be sad and apparently people struggle with foot odor.

I have a pair of shoes for outside and "house shoes" for the house. Stepping on cat litter, cat toys, legos, forks, etc tends to go over better when wearing house shoes.

Outside shoes are for the outside.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Only place in the world i have seen folks not take them of is in the USA. for most people it is common sense to leave your shoes off when you get inside.
    ^Yeah a lot folks here in the USA don't got this rule in their houses. We didn't have that rule growing up but one day my folks had watched this segment on the news about germs and footwear and they enforced it.

Deleted
    Why would you want the shit from outside on your carpet and floor ?

also a chance to let your feet breathe a bit.

Barbarians.

If you're cold well use some slippers, or build decent houses that can withstand then climate you live in. Hell we have -30 where i grew up during winters, thats a normal day.

You don't shit where you eat. Same as you don't bring in dog shit and whatnot where you live.
    Last edited by mmoc44505a06a9; 2018-12-04 at 05:12 PM.

I'm the man, if I want to wear shoes, I wear shoes.

I just don't want to wear shoes at the moment is all.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I put my shoes on when i wake up , i take them off when I go to sleep , or if I have to undress for any reason .
    Don't walk barefoot or with socks ever though that's dirty.
    Saw some people taking shoes off and then getting into their beds with dirty socks :S

Fun fact : the only time in my life I had to take my shoes off was one day I was looking for a house , there was this apartment of a Couple (mother was foreigner IIRC , not common in Italy to ask visitors) who had a newborn so asked to take the shoes off ....Of course that morning I decided to wear a sock that had a hole .... because I'd never think anyone would ever see it ...... the irony of things..think I've never been more embarassed
    Last edited by valax; 2018-12-04 at 05:24 PM.

Always off. We have exclusive "inside" shoes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'd never allow anyone to enter with shoes on, for almost any reason.
    The hall and the staircase in my house are stone and so is the hall on the upper floors. If someone else let's people in to just drop something off I wouldn't fault them. The entering the actual living spaces would be different though. And no, this is not about appartments either. You would usually expect people to somewhat clean their shoes on the doormat I guess.

Either way, it rarely happens, but if it happens it's usually not a big deal here.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-12-04 at 05:46 PM.