Thread: New raid Jan 22

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not surprising that it would be Jan. FFXIV has a major patch around that time.
    Also, the last time Blizz released a raid during the holiday season (launch of Cataclysm raids in mid-December), there was a lot of backlash from the community because it screwed up progression raiding schedules something fierce. Since then, they've made an effort to avoid releasing raids around major holidays like Christmas/New Year's week(s).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Really, you release the patch on dec 11th and make us wait another month and 2 weeks for the raid??? Shame on your blizzard since December of last year we've gotten 1 mediocre raid. Shame on you blizzard this is pathetic.
    no... shame on you....

think you can do it better? Go right ahead...

no? Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Also, the last time Blizz released a raid during the holiday season (launch of Cataclysm raids in mid-December), there was a lot of backlash from the community because it screwed up progression raiding schedules something fierce. Since then, they've made an effort to avoid releasing raids around major holidays like Christmas/New Year's week(s).
    Uh, Antorus was released Nov. 28, basically right on the cusp of the holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    I'm not saying to should be before Christmas, no reason it couldnt be the first week of January. It's not like theres anything to do in 8.1 that wont be finished in 20 minutes of patch release. Also.... lfr wing 3 isn't even released until Feb 26 which is probably when they'll give us the races fi ally. So the patch comes out on dec 11 but we have to wait almost 3 months for allied races...
    Historically speaking, first week of Jan is bad because most people are recovering from holidays/vacationing and getting back into their routine. Not a good time to drop a new raid.

Same thing for the end of summer window. Great time for new content, but only after people settle into their new routines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Blizzard said that intended raid lifespan is 5-6 months (don't make me search for quote, I only remember this was stated somewhere around Legion launch). Nighthold and ToS lasted exactly 5.5 months. Uldir will have only 4.5 months on 22. January.

If they would listen to your whining and release raid every 3 months we would end with 14 month drought again. Of course right now WoW lacks fresh content outside raid, but it's completely different problem.
    Was it raid lasting 5-6 months or tier? I know we don't have tier anymore but I feel like Uldir was a cop out for a complete raid. Only 8 bosses with a boring, uninspired geometric setting? This is worse than WoD in terms of raid release schedule. People are definitely bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Historically speaking, first week of Jan is bad because most people are recovering from holidays/vacationing and getting back into their routine. Not a good time to drop a new raid.

Same thing for the end of summer window. Great time for new content, but only after people settle into their new routines.
    End of summer is worse then beginning of summer, most people don't actually do "summer vacation" anymore, and in a lot of places around the world its too freaking hot to be outside for long.

I'd much, much rather they release the raid in January than launch it right before the holidays, where everyone has different commitments and the dev team is getting whittled down as well.

This game has worked on a 4-5 month raid release schedule since WoD, with the exception of the final raid. This is nothing new nor unexpected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Its fine, raids releasing just before christmas are just a mess, no need to rush them out.
    This, releasing before christmas = lots of raiders taking breaks because family/work/whatever and mediocre/slow bugfixing from devs.
    We better wait 2 weeks.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You CAN'T subscribe every 4/5/6 months to raid, it's just not possible in a guilded environment. All I want them to do is bring what they are doing for M+ to raiding, allow us to work towards guaranteed rewards (and not the shitty "scrap Azerite Gear for minimal currency"). Raiding has felt like TRASH all expansion, to the point our whole group quit 3 weeks in, they need to bring back ML, ditch TF, and just bring back raiding to what it used to be back in MoP and prior.
    You can if you raid Normal/Heroic. Mythic is another story.

And of course your only solution is that Blizz should screw majority of non-raiders to and return to "raid or die" times. Because every single character power upgrade that you can get outside raids is "something to do" for most people and BORING AS FUCK SHIT I MUST COMPLETE EVEN BEFORE MY FIRST RAID START.

Because it's not a game, it's a competition, right? There is ton of people waiting for your spot. Except it's not, Mythic playerbase is shrinking every expac and of course it's not at all fault of your attitude and constant "current tier is worst one" comments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I think you forget that there is a thing called christmas and new years?
    Also would you rather the raid be out when its not ready?.
    Holidays don't really mean much for content release. Vanilla launched the week of a major holiday, thanksgiving. If they didn't pay much attention to it with a brand new product launch then content launches or raid openings won't be a big deal. The delay is also over a month so it has no bearing on the holidays. So there is little reason to bring it up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    They'll make certain the races won't be unlockable before the final LFR wing is out.
    Unfortunately the blizzard of today might do something like that

- - - Updated - - -

What would satisfy you? I saw comments like this even after 7.3, which bring 3 new minizones. If you don't like new story, it doesn't matter if it will be on new mini-island or not. If you don't enjoy doing dailies (same with island/Warfront/pet battles, since it's same casual activity), you won't enjoy Incursions or new pet battle content, no matter when they'll place it. If you don't enjoy M+, new dungeon would keep you insterested for about 30 minutes.

If you just enjoy raid and are bored with current one after month, just subscribe every 4/5/6 months. Same with pvp seasons.

It's common knowledge that Zandalari/Kul Tiran will be released in 8.1.5 (and my guess is that we will see 4 more races in 8.2.5 and 8.3.5). It has nothing to do with raid (unless last quest of campaign will be tied to new raid). Knowing Blizz, and you know, reality, they will release 8.1.5 around end of Q1.
    Ion stated that we will get the races after completing the raid. At least it was what they thought at that time, probably to force us do the raid to get the races it is not uncommon. We needed to kill the last bosses of emerald nightmare and nighthold to complete the suramar chains

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    They'll make certain the races won't be unlockable before the final LFR wing is out.
    Well you need to clear the raid to finish the War Campaign so all they have to do is not have the wrapup quests fire until the final LFR wing opens...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

You can if you raid Normal/Heroic. Mythic is another story.

And of course your only solution is that Blizz should screw majority of non-raiders to and return to "raid or die" times. Because every single character power upgrade that you can get outside raids is "something to do" for most people and BORING AS FUCK SHIT I MUST COMPLETE EVEN BEFORE MY FIRST RAID START.

Because it's not a game, it's a competition, right? There is ton of people waiting for your spot. Except it's not, Mythic playerbase is shrinking every expac and of course it's not at all fault of your attitude and constant "current tier is worst one" comments.
    They can still keep their little bullshit things like "warfronts" and "island expeditions" (that barely anyone likes anyway) while still bringing raiding back to something that actually MEANS something. Right now you're better off ignoring raiding and just doing M+. Removal of master loot basically was the last nail in the coffin after TF, removal of Sets, etc.

Remove Azerite and bring back class sets and put the Azerite progression into the neck, remove TF (WF is mostly OK), and for the love of all that is holy, bring back ML. You don't have to touch anything else, the rest of the game functions fine, but raiding makes sense again.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont wanna kill jaina she's so sexy
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well you need to clear the raid to finish the War Campaign so all they have to do is not have the wrapup quests fire until the final LFR wing opens...
    They wont do that. "Just pug normal mode raids" they will say

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Was it raid lasting 5-6 months or tier? I know we don't have tier anymore but I feel like Uldir was a cop out for a complete raid. Only 8 bosses with a boring, uninspired geometric setting? This is worse than WoD in terms of raid release schedule. People are definitely bored.
    EN+ToV - 4 months
    Nighthold - 5.5 months
    ToS - 5.5 months
    Antorus - 9 months before Uldir, 7.5 months before pre-patch. I said pretty good for last tier of expac, especially if you compare it to WoTLK, MoP and WoD
    Uldir - 4.5 months.

This is just opinion, but I don't get why you suggest that Uldir is incomplete raid. I don't think many would disagree it's way better than Mogu'shan/Highmaul/EN. I would even rate it (Normal difficulty) above ToS and maybe even Antorus (well, I may went too far with that, Argus is far more epic last boss than G'huun).

And again, it would be worse than WoD (I'm talking only about raids of course) if Azshara is last raid that will last 14 months. Well, we'll see, but I don't find it likely.

They can still keep their little bullshit things like "warfronts" and "island expeditions" (that barely anyone likes anyway) while still bringing raiding back to something that actually MEANS something. Right now you're better off ignoring raiding and just doing M+. Removal of master loot basically was the last nail in the coffin after TF, removal of Sets, etc.

Remove Azerite and bring back class sets and put the Azerite progression into the neck, remove TF (WF is mostly OK), and for the love of all that is holy, bring back ML. You don't have to touch anything else, the rest of the game functions fine, but raiding makes sense again.
    Again, you think that somehow your playstyle and view for the game is more important than others, even if raiding is clearly playstyle for minority. Again, you have no real solutions outside of reversing all game back to patch when you were young and passion for WoW was still strong. Let's make raiding great again! and stuff.

No buddy, life doesn't work like that. If you think that raiding is in coffin, if will stay there for you. Zombies don't exist, what's dead, stay dead. Once you lost passion for game, it's done. Move on or stay angry (you will find great circlejerk for that here), I don't really care that much to be honest.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2018-12-06 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I dont wanna kill jaina she's so sexy
    She wont die ...

Considering we're still progging Ghuun for our CE I am not really upset about this lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    She wont die ...
    that makes me happy i'll sleep better at night now
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Honestly I wouldn’t mind the gating if it was done like suramar/nighthold. Nighthold was obviously gated but it felt much more fluid because we had the entire suramar campaign building up to it so when it opened it felt good. Felt like I finally got to deal with elisande and this entire palace that I learned about during the campaign. All the effort of building forces, covert recruitment and assasinations and sacrifices of characters that we got to know made for a very compelling raid (imo). That’s just my opinion, they can do time gating really well if they put effort into it. It didn’t even feel like NH was time gated to me and mostly everyone I raided with, the buildup was done so well.

That’s probably why there’s a lot of people asking for something like that back. The quests felt good especially with the voice acting being prominent for most of it. I’m not usually one to get immersed much but this really did it for me. Again, fantastic example of how to time gate and instead of doing another campaign or something with similar quality we get nothing until the 22nd. Big difference.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-12-06 at 09:49 PM.