Thread: New raid Jan 22

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    They wont do that. "Just pug normal mode raids" they will say
    Vol'jin says hi.

They did it already, the Vol'jin quests didn't fire until the final LFR wing of Uldir opened.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    EN+ToV - 4 months
    Nighthold - 5.5 months
    ToS - 5.5 months
    Antorus - 9 months before Uldir, 7.5 months before pre-patch. I said pretty good for last tier of expac, especially if you compare it to WoTLK, MoP and WoD
    Uldir - 4.5 months.

This is just opinion, but I don't get why you suggest that Uldir is incomplete raid. I don't think many would disagree it's way better than Mogu'shan/Highmaul/EN. I would even rate it (Normal difficulty) above ToS and maybe even Antorus (well, I may went too far with that, Argus is far more epic last boss than G'huun).

And again, it would be worse than WoD (I'm talking only about raids of course) if Azshara is last raid that will last 14 months. Well, we'll see, but I don't find it likely.
    Well, it currently is worse than both WoD and Legion in terms of raid release. I'm not wasting time speculating about the future of this expac. It's been like this for the last few expacs where the first raid is terrible, which I came in understanding, but this one is the worst since MoP.

EN+ToV - 4 months
    Nighthold - 5.5 months
    ToS - 5.5 months
    Antorus - 9 months before Uldir, 7.5 months before pre-patch. I said pretty good for last tier of expac, especially if you compare it to WoTLK, MoP and WoD
    Uldir - 4.5 months.

This is just opinion, but I don't get why you suggest that Uldir is incomplete raid. I don't think many would disagree it's way better than Mogu'shan/Highmaul/EN. I would even rate it (Normal difficulty) above ToS and maybe even Antorus (well, I may went too far with that, Argus is far more epic last boss than G'huun).

And again, it would be worse than WoD (I'm talking only about raids of course) if Azshara is last raid that will last 14 months. Well, we'll see, but I don't find it likely.

Again, you think that somehow your playstyle and view for the game is more important than others, even if raiding is clearly playstyle for minority. Again, you have no real solutions outside of reversing all game back to patch when you were young and passion for WoW was still strong. Let's make raiding great again! and stuff.

No buddy, life doesn't work like that. If you think that raiding is in coffin, if will stay there for you. Zombies don't exist, what's dead, stay dead. Once you lost passion for game, it's done. Move on or stay angry (you will find great circlejerk for that here), I don't really care that much to be honest.
    I didn't lose passion for anything, they created systems that the majority of raiders hate. Instead right now I'm playing Wrath, a much better raiding experience than BfA will ever be.

They could also do well with bringing back some fun to class design, it's pretty much universally agreed that class design right now is, for the most part, the worst it's ever been. Even bad systems could be forgiven if the classes were fun to play.

People are still doing the first raid anyways.

I think that's fine. I expected it to be as late as mid-February.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Well, it currently is worse than both WoD and Legion in terms of raid release. I'm not wasting time speculating about the future of this expac. It's been like this for the last few expacs where the first raid is terrible, which I came in understanding, but this one is the worst since MoP.
    You always forget to add "in my opinion" at the end for some reason. You know what opinion is, right?

Ion stated that we will get the races after completing the raid. At least it was what they thought at that time, probably to force us do the raid to get the races it is not uncommon. We needed to kill the last bosses of emerald nightmare and nighthold to complete the suramar chains
    Not really, he said that recruiting Zandalari/Kul Tiras is next part of the story after raid. No one ever promised you they will be part of 8.1. And on Blizzcon they literally said they are part of 8.1.5 content. And even if chain require Jaina "kill", it will be out in 8.1.5 anyway on LFR. Should I add more, it's enough?

I know it sucks that Zandalari presented at Blizzcon 2017 will be released around Q1/Q2 of 2019. To be honest, many artifact skins were presented at Gamescom 2015 and release on Q1/Q2 of 2017 with 7.2.

But I don't think it was their first plan, since Zandalari was introduced along with Dark Iron. And Mag'har datamined months later in Alpha. They just thought Zandalari should be paired with Kul Tiran, and Mag'har with Dark Iron. To be honest, they really should release Zandalari/Kul Tiran in 8.0 and Mag'har/Dark Iron on 8.1.5. But again, we would probably see same amount of QQ, but directed towards lack of Dark Iron, not Zandalari.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I didn't lose passion for anything, they created systems that the majority of raiders hate. Instead right now I'm playing Wrath, a much better raiding experience than BfA will ever be.

They could also do well with bringing back some fun to class design, it's pretty much universally agreed that class design right now is, for the most part, the worst it's ever been. Even bad systems could be forgiven if the classes were fun to play.
    Sooo... you complain that we don't have new raid already after 3 months. But play raids that were released 8-10 years ago. Riiight. For sure it isn't nostalgia. And for sure old WoW was better MMO and everyone want to play it, but somehow no one made succesful MMO with that formula last 10 years.

Anyway, have fun, it's most important.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2018-12-06 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Vol'jin says hi.

They did it already, the Vol'jin quests didn't fire until the final LFR wing of Uldir opened.
    Oh glad you reminded me of those, i havent done them yet lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Really, you release the patch on dec 11th and make us wait another month and 2 weeks for the raid??? Shame on your blizzard since December of last year we've gotten 1 mediocre raid. Shame on you blizzard this is pathetic.
    Since Legion the raids have never opened with the patch. They always open a few weeks after. Would you really want a raid to open right before Christmas anyway?

You always forget to add "in my opinion" at the end for some reason. You know what opinion is, right?
    I don't need to add it because it's obvious. You didn't add 'in the World of Warcraft' to your posts. You do know we are talking about the World of Warcraft, right? You ignored all the objective information and are only focusing on opinion. Why is that?

Not really, he said that recruiting Zandalari/Kul Tiras is next part of the story after raid. No one ever promised you they will be part of 8.1. And on Blizzcon they literally said they are part of 8.1.5 content. And even if chain require Jaina "kill", it will be out in 8.1.5 anyway on LFR. Should I add more, it's enough?

I know it sucks that Zandalari presented at Blizzcon 2017 will be released around Q1/Q2 of 2019. To be honest, many artifact skins were presented at Gamescom 2015 and release on Q1/Q2 of 2017 with 7.2.

But I don't think it was their first plan, since Zandalari was introduced along with Dark Iron. And Mag'har datamined months later in Alpha. They just thought Zandalari should be paired with Kul Tiran, and Mag'har with Dark Iron. To be honest, they really should release Zandalari/Kul Tiran in 8.0 and Mag'har/Dark Iron on 8.1.5. But again, we would probably see same amount of QQ, but directed towards lack of Dark Iron, not Zandalari.
    I thought 8.1.5 was the release of the raid... not sure anymore

Sooo... you complain that we don't have new raid already after 3 months. But play raids that were released 8-10 years ago. Riiight. For sure it isn't nostalgia. And for sure old WoW was better MMO and everyone want to play it, but somehow no one made succesful MMO with that formula last 10 years.

Anyway, have fun, it's most important.
    I never said they needed to open the raid sooner, nor do I really care if they do. If they fixed the systems that currently make raiding feel horrible, that'd be enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well you need to clear the raid to finish the War Campaign so all they have to do is not have the wrapup quests fire until the final LFR wing opens...
    Said wrapup quest is scheduled for the week after BoD release (there was a calendar ss somewhere can't find it atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Its fine, raids releasing just before christmas are just a mess, no need to rush them out.
    Completely agree with this.

Maybe a week earlier could have been ok but basically don't make groups feel like it's time to ramp up raiding again when most of us have bigger things to take care of during the holidays

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I thought 8.1.5 was the release of the raid... not sure anymore
    No, it's separate minor patch. It will also have Darkmoon/holidays update, small stuff like portal room in office, WoD timewalking with 2 mounts, new content for Brawler's guild, 2 battlegrounds get revamp. It will require ~2 months of PTR. And, since we have Christmas stuff, PTR will probably start around Battle of Dazal'alor release .

Many people speculate that 8.1.5 will launch with raid, but not this one. In 8.1 files there is also mini 2 boss raid in Stormsong. In Legion they released small raid (ToV) in 7.1, big one (Nighthold) in 7.1.5, this time it will be just other way around. That's way Blizz say that we never should tie raid releases/seasons to patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I don't need to add it because it's obvious. You didn't add 'in the World of Warcraft' to your posts. You do know we are talking about the World of Warcraft, right? You ignored all the objective information and are only focusing on opinion. Why is that?
    Well, there was time when I though that whole world resolve around me and my opinion is a "objective information". Then I turn 10.

I never said they needed to open the raid sooner, nor do I really care if they do. If they fixed the systems that currently make raiding feel horrible, that'd be enough.
    What makes raiding feel horrible? Raiding to me still seems to be the most fun content in the game.

Is this another one of those comments the is mad about gear progression? Because I don't believe that the minor irritation brought on by that actually made raid design worse

It's fine for me.
    This is holiday season, you're supposed to be spending time with family, or traveling, unless you're a caveman a later patch won't really bring much of an issue.
    I'm fine with the next major patch coming out after Christmas, and i'm not even Christian, it's just New Year and stuff..
    The only mistake they made is calling this new minor update major.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Uh, Antorus was released Nov. 28, basically right on the cusp of the holiday season.
    I mean, that would give people three whole weeks and some change before Christmas to raid. Not that big of a disruption, compared to mid-December which you'd get maybe a week if you're lucky before people start going on holiday and visiting family.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    What makes raiding feel horrible? Raiding to me still seems to be the most fun content in the game.

Is this another one of those comments the is mad about gear progression? Because I don't believe that the minor irritation brought on by that actually made raid design worse
    It's a mixture of TF making you never "done" with progression and causing you to actually OVERGEAR content before you get into it, ML's removal leading to a crap load of useless gear, and the removal of sets, added to that the fact that Azerite is a horrible system after the much superior Artifact Weapons and it's damn near impossible to get BiS out of just raiding because of that.... and the fact that most classes play like shells of what they used to be.... it just makes for a not fun experience compared to the past.

Well, there was time when I though that whole world resolve around me and my opinion is a "objective information". Then I turn 10.
    If you aren't going to reread my comments and have an actual discussion then you can continue upping your post count to help you sleep well at night.

It's a mixture of TF making you never "done" with progression and causing you to actually OVERGEAR content before you get into it, ML's removal leading to a crap load of useless gear, and the removal of sets, added to that the fact that Azerite is a horrible system after the much superior Artifact Weapons and it's damn near impossible to get BiS out of just raiding because of that.... and the fact that most classes play like shells of what they used to be.... it just makes for a not fun experience compared to the past.
    Fair but again that's the system for gearing. I would propose that separating that flaw from the actual experience of fighting the bosses will raise your enjoyment over all.

Ghuun is a very fun fight too me zek'voz too mother is pretty easy but it's fun in my opinion.

So, yeah, gearing is weird and flawed and you can let it ruin everything for you but I don't think we should