Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    BFA, I'd take Ashran any day over all the gimmicks from this expansion.
    Though if Island Expeditions had a better drop rate for cosmetics then that wouldn't be too bad I guess.
    Yeah I actually liked Ashran. Spent a lot of time in there.

Also my classes were still fun to play.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    I haven't even played it yet and have no plans to play it due to all the negativity around BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Azerite armor doesn't help, as my rogue having a chance to squirt water out of his shoulders is not an appropriate substitute for the Legion artifact, NLC, tier sets, and three expansions of pruning.
    Best quote I've read today, well done sir lol

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was surprised to see that BFA has a 3.1 user score on metacritic (not that those are to be taken super serious anyway) while WoD has a 5.

I'm curious what MMO-C thinks. What's worse? BFA or WoD?

For me: WoD still is bad even though BFA is getting closer and closer to it.
    Wrath was the worst expac when wrath was out. We miss BC

Cata was the worst expac when cata was out. We miss wrath

Mop was the worst expac when mop was out. We miss cata

WoD was the worst expac when WoD was out ( and will forever be... ) we miss mop

Legion was the worst expac since WoD because legion was out. we miss mop

BFA is the worst expac ever because BFA is out. we miss wod..? wut...

The trend continues.

5+ Year Old Account
    The only thing keeping BFA above WoD for me is mythic+. I think in every other way from class design to systems designs BFA is an inferior expansion, which is quite an accomplishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    I haven't even played it yet and have no plans to play it due to all the negativity around BFA.
    The negativity is normal. But, unless you played from day one, and did so consistently, you'll just be caught up in a grind to catch up and not be able to appreciate you're playing a game.

I don't know, I voted for BfA. IMO, the new zones, dungeons, art, and sound design are all the best that have been put out by the WoW team. However, every new "feature" in this game is a complete disappointment. I would also agree they went backward in regards to Mythic+. Also, I'm leveling my 7th 120 and have yet to find a class I find engaging.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntearth View Post
    However, every new "feature" in this game is a complete disappointment.
    This has been a problem since WoD. They tried to make too big a thing of new features, be it Garrisons, Artifacts, Azerite Armour, etc. because of the work they put in, in order to turn around and say "this was a success, look at everyone using this new thing"; and they've overshadowed too much the core of WoW being WoW and hurt the game in the process.

7+ Year Old Account
    WoD lacked content, but what we got was pretty good imo. BRF is my all time favourite raid and it had the best sets i've seen in the game. The class design was much more fun compared to BFA's class design and Legions.

Despite WoD's flaws, I stayed subbed throughout. I've already stopped my subscription in bfa but will probably spend gold to get a month when 8.1 hits and see if anything improves. I really want BFA to be great, but it has certainly had a very rough start and has left a sour taste in my mouth.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD had freebies and better class design. BfA has more stuff in general, I just can't enjoy them with boring classes.
    I had more fun in WoD.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    WoD was worse. People have a tendency of forgetting the bad things with time. Just like relationships. BFA is a bit of a letdown but there is more content and the first major patch won’t be a joke like it was in WoD.
    Disagree, no other expansion had the Gladiator spec for my warrior, I really loved this, I could finally stay on Protection spec the whole time and not be a sluggish wet noodle when questing.
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This has been a problem since WoD. They tried to make too big a thing of new features, be it Garrisons, Artifacts, Azerite Armour, etc. because of the work they put in, in order to turn around and say "this was a success, look at everyone using this new thing"; and they've overshadowed too much the core of WoW being WoW and hurt the game in the process.
    I agree. I defended BfA from the time it launched until this week. I really gave it a chance. The only reason I'll continue to play is because of the people in my guild. I would love a WoW expansion that focused only on raids, dunegons, and class design. All the gimmicky "features" they've added in WoW since WoD need to stop. I feel it's only hurt the game.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

Legion was the worst expansion ever at the start because of legendaries and AP grind.
    WoD was also great at the start, it's only later on that it got called for lack of content and things to do outside your garrison.
    So calling it before even one patch landed is kinda pointless.

Considering BFA has led to me unsubbing for the first time in 14 years.....well.
    Last edited by The King in Yellow; 2018-12-07 at 07:24 PM.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was pretty lame but BFA is lamer

Quote Originally Posted by Oblider View Post
    And tbh I'm enjoying bfa's first patch more than legion's first patch
    Whoa, are you from the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Whoa, are you from the future?
    I may have used wrong words, I meant launch patch

I personally think it is too early for BFA to be as bad as WoD because WoD, by this point, was still ok. WoD got horrible in late expansion when there was nothing to do except hide in your Garrison until raid time. Then again, is BFA worse because it has more potential for things to do to potentially be interesting and engaging and still falls flat?

I don't know because I do not have BFA, nor do I plan on buying it. However, I don't recall WoD being THAT bad, albeit just another 'modern' WoW expansion that wasn't really too inspiring. There does seem to be a new level of disdain and disgust with BFA though. Good thing I didn't buy it.

I see some posts here saying things like " I wish we had WoD back - omg thats bad", and it reminds me of when I say things like I would trade all the expansion for the last several years for Cataclysm back. Its just sad to see how much this game has degraded to where we want previous titles back that weren't very good to start with.

BFA IMO is the worst xpac ever even worse than WOD due to the fact that its a timegated metric merry go round...... Anything to keep us subbed..... Including this garbage azerite system and the new craptastic crap you get from running crap to buy crap.... FUCK YOU BLIZZARD