Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Smile People gave Warlords Of Draenor too much Hate

I for one think WoD was better than MoP and BFA, the reason being, is the engineering workshop, and the questlines were very fun. I also like using my Nuclear launcher and my Overcharged Siege engine, and all the other toys it gave you, i remember the Pneumatic gauntlets that let you punch people back into the last expansion /: D I still have 18 Siege Engins left that i periodically use it to gank lowbies lol >.>

So you're into misery?

You must like lack of content.

No, it was a step down from MoP. It's just that it's also better than the 2 expansions following it, because they started degrading gameplay and rewards systems more and more with each expansion after MoP.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I think everyone loved leveling and quests in general during WoD. But it didn't have much else to offer. So the first month was great and that's about it.

Garrisons were bland and repetitive and meant your character didn't have anything to do or anywhere to go in-between raids and PvP. For my guild (and I believe many other guilds), nobody logged on outside of raid hours. At some point, it becomes hard to justify 15$ a month when you only really play 4-6 hours a week.

I think giving WoD that much hate was a good thing, since it made Blizzard put in the effort to create Legion, which was the content-richest period this game has ever had and the most ambitious in terms of new systems added to the game.

Legion was wildly praised as the best expansion ever. And while i personally think MoP was better...i still agree that Legion was damn good (until the fanfiction 7.3 patch, that is). People make up a lot of shit on these forums....of course Legion got its fait share of hate-threads, as did every expansion...but there are still people pretending it's "always the same" and "the current expansion always gets the hate". Wake up. There is a difference. A real, quantifiable differance.

There were people hating on Obama. A lot of them actually. But saying it was no less than with Trump now and basically every current President gets the exact same amount of hate is just BS. There is a difference.

And people will say this about BFA too in about 2-4 years, just the usual cycle.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Why did you make this thread? I bet you know very well there is a "whats best, WoD or BfA?" thread going on here.

Save your complete judgement until BfA is done. Then we can compare.

WoD was very lackluster on everything besides raid. Didnt have anything. The classes were maybe more fun than now, but thats about it. When you reached max lvl it was raid & garrison.

It was definitely high in quantity. Unfortunately, well deserved as well.

lol.. an expansion was good because of a couple toys.. Okay..

Deleted
    WoD and Cata are still the worst expansions for me. People can whine and complain about BfA as much as they like it may not be perfect but its not WoD and Cata. If BfA keeps going the way it is. It will probably fall around Cata and WoD but its certianlly not he worst. BfA is a very middle of the road expansion so far.

Considering how many people are crying about BfA I might go on record and say it is already the most underated expansion so far :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they did, and now we have no hate left to give to BFA.

Jk, I still have plenty of hate to give.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw.. The only great things in WoD for me was the quest build up, treasures, and how piss easy alts were to level. The latter is also a bad thing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

leveling was good at its time, and the massive ridiculous amounts of easy gold gained, thats all that was good about wod.

No they didn't. I hated the theme and the faction capitals sucked. Garrisons could have been great but they were far too cookie-cutter and didn't have any racial flavor at all, also the mission table and gearing up followers was pretty dull gameplay.

Yes, let's go easy on the poor multi-billion dollar company for making mediocre garbage because some people had fun.

People hated WoD for the same reason people hate BfA: it's the previous expansion but worse, with less to do, a piss awful story and a myriad of god awful decisions at every turn.

We could not give these expansions enough hate. Blizzard needs to understand and feel the punishment of fucking up if we're ever going to have a WoW with any semblance of quality again. Maybe when they see the subs drop by 2-3m they'll start to understand that their "vision" is less important than the playerbase's enjoyment and the core fundamentals of an MMORPG.

Lolwut? They literally abandoned WoD halfway through the expansion. They scrapped an entire raid tier, rerouted the story, and put all the developers on Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    People didn't give it enough hate. Now history is repeating itself. AGAIN.

WoD was awful like you guys are really reaching for anything... and I mean, looking at this post, ANYTHING... to paint WoD in a better light.

WoD was abandoned right after launch. They had the guts to release a major patch that only introduced a selfie cam and Twitter integration, and 6.2 had mostly content that was originally planned to be in launch (Tanaan as a whole for example), so basically they just scrapped leftovers and placed them all into a major path to finish the expansion with. We never got to see Farahlon and the inside of places like Karabor and Shattrah. They completely changed the story midway so that Grom and the Iron Horde gets defeated much earlier by Gul'dan, and replace Grom with Archimonde as the final boss of the expansion.

Just because BFA is shaping up to be worse doesn't excuse WoD from being any less bad.